Thread: Twin Peaks Season 3/David Lynch topic

Henry Da Eraserhead ShogunAssassin36's Avatar

Default Twin Peaks Season 3/David Lynch topic

Any TP/DL heads around here? The ~25 years wait is finally over, and the birds sing a pretty song.. Has anyone else yet checked the double premiere of Season 3 ? Without spoiling anything, gotta say it even surpassed my expectations! Gotta love David Lynch, something like this was what TV needed again. Soon about to check episodes 3 & 4, sleep deprivation is not an obstacle in this case.

Dude

yes!!
    FUUCK YESS

I remember enjoying the old series a lot. Will check this out later.

I watched Inland Empire a few weeks back, It was entertaining but I'm not sure I 'got' it.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    I remember enjoying the old series a lot. Will check this out later.

I watched Inland Empire a few weeks back, It was entertaining but I'm not sure I 'got' it.
    Same here. Still losing the track of the film during the last third. Got more of an Inland Empire/Eraserhead vibe from the new TP actually, many shall be surprised.

Holy shit. Hadn't even heard about this. Will def check it out.

I don't think there's anything to 'get' with inland empire. It's open to interpretation. Make what u want of it. Don't strain ur brain too much over it.

Pretty sure I remember an interview where he said it was supposed to b more of just a visual experience than an actual coherent story.

Exactly. And Lynch has emphasized his reluctance of talking about possible meanings along with most of his other films as well (I guess Eraserhead the most). I think it also enhances the viewing experience, the sheer enjoyment of pure cinema, to just see and feel without constantly searching for possible meanings for things experienced.

Anyone else had time to check the new episodes out yet?

YES of course, seen all the episodes so far.. best series on television without a doubt, i love it, i can't stress that enough. it's such an excellent balance between the Twin Peaks world with more than a dash (a lot more than a dash haha) of Lynch's darker and stranger worlds like "Lost Highway" and "Mulholland Dr."). it's also the most unconventional TV series i've yet to see... i guess this is breaking ground in the same way that the original series did way back in 1990. throwing out all expectations and expected structure of how you build a series.

Lynch still got it that's for sure. can't wait to see more of it.

HEEEELLOOOOOO!!!!

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

haunting! check out Johnny Jewel's album of the same name.. apparantly a lot of the songs will turn up in "The Return" and i can definitely see it!

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    YES of course, seen all the episodes so far.. best series on television without a doubt, i love it, i can't stress that enough. it's such an excellent balance between the Twin Peaks world with more than a dash (a lot more than a dash haha) of Lynch's darker and stranger worlds like "Lost Highway" and "Mulholland Dr."). it's also the most unconventional TV series i've yet to see... i guess this is breaking ground in the same way that the original series did way back in 1990. throwing out all expectations and expected structure of how you build a series.

HEEEELLOOOOOO!!!!
    Co-signed 110%. This is exactly what contemporary television needs! I love how it dares to differ from the original, which still is the greatest tv show ever. Knowing that Lynch has total control over the whole new season, I wouldnt be surprised if it even surpassed the original in the end.

haunting! check out Johnny Jewel's album of the same name.. apparantly a lot of the songs will turn up in "The Return" and i can definitely see it!
    Oh yes! Actually this song made such an impact on me during ep5's end credits that I had to track it down immediately, been listening to Jewel's work ever since. Now already making guesses on which other song's from his new album will appear in the future episodes..

yes yes yesss.

HEEEELLOOOOOO!!!!

Episode 8!!! Undoubtedly one of the greatest things ever seen on television
    .. Lynch went way past God mode on this one. Need to revisit The Secret History Of Twin Peaks book asap.

Quote Originally Posted by ShogunAssassin36 View Post
    Episode 8!!! Undoubtedly one of the greatest things ever seen on television
    .. Lynch went way past God mode on this one. Need to revisit The Secret History Of Twin Peaks book asap.