Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hear Wu-Tang Clan's Relentless New Song 'Don't Stop' (Silicon Valley soundtrack)

I wonder during what session they recorded this. And whether any tracks were cut at that time. Could be a cut and paste job too of course
    Retired.

Not bad, but nothing special really. The producion is all over the place, and not memorable (& Wu-Tang) @ all. The verses r dope (Rae & Meth) & aight (Deck & Killa), but r dragged down by the mediocre beat. Frank G's production on The Wild shits on this. Hopefully Ghost won't let him (RZA) anywhere near the new Wu album, except 4 verses, choosing the right Kung Fu samples & maybe sequencing & that's all.

I dont agree that this dont have a Wu feeling, the drums and especially the piano section sounds vintage Rza post-97. In a way i see your point about it being all over the place has some merit, but i really like the concept of hip hop that keeps moving and evolving throughout a song. Rza has been playing with this a lot the last few years, sometimes very successfully and sometimes very weak.

Anyway i am way more hyped about rzas best work on ABT, 8 Diagrams, Iron Fist, etc. than the stuff ive heard from Cilvaz Shaolin album or Bronzes stuff. Live instrumentation done right over 6 seconds loops to infinity any day. With that said parts of these track dont work but the strong parts are strong enough to make it dope as fuck to hear imo

I think a lot of people here are shameless sycophants.

Wheres the evolution? Its all the Wu sounding elements that RZA is known for but its gutless and meandering. RZA is more concerned with being a musician than a producer.

Shaolin Master

Track is kinda weak, still.

nada ignorante

Sounds like a left over from ABT
    N.I.

Not true, theres plenty of wack rza beats in the last 10-15 years but to call anyone who disagrees with the naysayers are ridiciolous. Theres a lot more evolution and dopeness on ABT, 8D, etc than what ive heard from OUATIS and Bronzes blatant rip off of the classic Wu sound.

Thats not to say that Rza hasnt put out some real weak shit too. The Achozen project was WACK!! The Words stuff or whatever it was called from last yeAr, WACK.. 8 Diagrams - productionwise a 4.5, lyrically 4/5 so overall a very strong album. And the stuff he produced for Kanye, Talib Kweli, Game, etc. excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    I think a lot of people here are shameless sycophants.
    I admit to being one. I don't see no shame in liking what I like. And yes, I'm not really looking for evolution.

But I'd say the fans who eat up 'anything' are in the minority on this forum really
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Towers View Post
    I admit to being one. I don't see no shame in liking what I like. And yes, I'm not really looking for evolution.

But I'd say the fans who eat up 'anything' are in the minority on this forum really
    Yeah I wasn't calling anyone out really, (Although I don't know why Claaa has to write a few paragraphs defending RZA everytime someone comments that he stinks now.) because everyone may think this Bad Boy motto stealing track is awesome. I just don't get it. Heaterz was dope and its a struggle to use the same adjective for this.

Banned

My opinion is factual god damnit

Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Listen to this joint with headphones. Banger

props , this is dope ! wonder what year this was recorded - ins and masta killa could have had better verses but the beat and rae and meth were dope

Shaolin Master

Although I may not feel most of rza's new production, I realized that they have birthed a lot of upcoming producers, who have been inspired by that old school "looped" sound that we all love. I think it's great that we have all these new guys to carry that flame. Yea I'd love for rza to go into the vault and pull out a banger. But that's not going to happen anytime soon. I'm grateful that we have guys like bronze and company to show n prove.
    Last edited by dapo; 06-24-2017 at 07:49 PM.

PRODIGAL SUN

good to hear the clan!!! nice track....

Track is "Supreme" yo. Agree with claaa7 that The Rza's production on "A Better Tomorrow" and "8 Diagrams" was dope as always expected. The Rza continues to grow and evolve. The darts have always been razorsharp, but continue to get even sharper. And as far as for the beats, the God never fails to show why he is the illest on the production yo. Hopefully there's another clan album in the near future with "The Rza" at the helm just as it has been, and should always be.
    Last edited by Illgod; 06-26-2017 at 12:22 AM.

"The Mathematician Who Calculated God From Nigga"

-The Rza