1. Gun metal [Falling Down]

soulful beat. Dom raps at a pretty fast pace and sounds energized. simple but effective

excellent opener

2. Smell of fear (SHARKS) [Dunnezy]

the beat is straight crack! even more soulful than the first one. the beat would have fit perfectly on the War Poetry album tbh it's that niiice.

good verses here with wordplay and imagery related to war (no shit homie haha) and various sea creatures

I don't like the hook too much though. and that goes for both the lines and the way they are delivered. the more I listen to the song though the more I get used to it

3. Skullduggery [K.Y.S. Music]

so far the beats (by different producers) fit together really well. this is another production drenched in soul. that's 3 for 3 so far. heartfelt lyrics

4. Pray [Dunnezy]

piano based beat. first few lines and chorus reference Biggie's 'Pray for my downfall'. good track

5. Unjustifiable homicide [Dunnezy]

we're back to the music with a soul feel including snippets of female singing. this song is somewhat more uptempo than tracks 2 & 3. basic hook that does the job. good verses

6. Hypnotized [K.Y.S. Music]

K.Y.S. delivers his second banger with this one. 'If I had a wife she'd make a real good mistress'. that line kinda stuck with me haha. good track about the womenz. Dom indulges in some nostalgia too

7. Gotham ft. Bugsy Da God [Mr Tera]

'Mr Tera' ... I'm assuming this means the song is self produced. the soundscape is a bit more downbeat on this track with a nice little organ (I think) buried in the mix. sounds different from the previous songs (it still fits in well with the overall album though), has a melancholy feel. I like it

btw that sounds like RZA on the intro? or is that simply Bugsy lol?

you know Bugsy & Dom got great song chemistry. this track is no exception

8. Spirits of soldiers ft. Bugsy Da God [Dash Shamash]

another banger. not much more to say. consistent sound throughout this album. I guess this is what made it difficult for me to distinguish between individual songs on the first two listens. but the more you listen the more the jewels shine

these two Bugsy features promise good things to come for the joint Camouflage Children album

9. Bosnia [Dash Shamash]

now this song sounds more dramatic. somehow the flutes or whatever they are (yeah, not a professional reviewer here hahaha) give the whole thing an oriental vibe

this beat has very high production values imo

great verses by P here

'Bosnia' is the most memorable song on the album for me

10. Concrete Rose [Dunnezy]

being cued just after that colorful track that was 'Bosnia' this track sounds somewhat more subdued. this track sounds good but to me it doesn't stand out as much as most of the other tracks (production wise). Dom P's flow as on all of the tracks on here is on point.

the hook reminded me of 2Pac's poetry book (that's not a joke, I have the actual poetry book 'The rose that grew from concrete' and it's a good if not very deep read)

11. Pray REMIX [Dash Shamash]

Dash puts his spin on the track. this beat is more in line with most of the productions on the album and therefore adding the remix to the album makes a lot of sense

if I had to rank the album (within the last batch of Dom P albums) I'd say it's more consistent in sound than 'Gemini'. it doesn't have the sprawling features and superb production by Bronze that 'War Poetry' had but it's a very soulful offering still with solid to excellent flows and lyrics on display

so I'd put this album over 'Gemini' and the 'Life Of A Performer II' OST (that last one was not a Dom P solo album though but more like a real soundtrack), coming in just after 'War Poetry'

if 'War Poetry' is a 10 (which it definitely is in my book, definitely a wu & killarmy catalogue highlight!) than this one an 8.5 or 9 to me, with Gemini and Life ... being a 7.5 or an 8.D