View Poll Results: How do you rate this comp?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic

0 0%
  • Banger

1 50.00%
  • Average

1 50.00%
  • Trash

0 0%

Thread: VA - '4th Disciple presents ... Global Concourse Vol. 1' (2017 - Global Sounds)

Default VA - '4th Disciple presents ... Global Concourse Vol. 1' (2017 - Global Sounds)

[03:18] 01. Tikal – The All
    [02:57] 02. Bizz The Prince & Fameus Gatlin – Mind Made Up
    [04:09] 03. Bugsy Da God – Life Of A Young God
    [03:26] 04. Sneak Sinatra & The Adept fka 4th Disciple – Streetz Know Me
    [04:59] 05. Villians – Volatile
    [03:34] 06. Doe Dollarz – Pockets Full Of Money
    [03:31] 07. Detin8 & AGDNA – They Want
    [03:09] 08. Dezert Eagle & The Adept fka 4th Disciple – Trust Noe Bitch
    [03:01] 09. Shaka Amazulu The 7th, Allah Wise & Darkim Be Allah – Today’s Math
    [03:14] 10. REZ, Shabazz The Disciple & Lord Fury – Chemtrails
    [03:16] 11. Rise Soverign & Young Noble – Finish Line
    [05:22] 12. Mac Don – Entrepreneurs

Last edited by Rev Jones; 08-27-2017 at 04:47 AM.
    Retired.

bump... how was this mixtape?
    anybody know how much of it 4th produced or is he just the host?

Claaa, I had another listen and I gotta say I like the album a lot.

The tracks featuring Killa Beez all live up to the potential. The beats are good and the flows are on point. The lyrical content is nothing new though.

I have a soft spot for albums that open well. This is one such example. Tikal (never heard of him) displays a slow but purposeful flow over wailing strings in 'The all'. This track really got me in the mood for the rest of the album.

The Biz The Prince track keeps the same mood. Just a banger, nothing more to say.

Most of you have probably heard the Bugsy Da God before. He's always dependable and this is no exception. Very good track.

And really, most of the album is on the same quality level.

However, there was one track I thought sounded commercial (and not in an effective way) : 'Pockets Full Of Money' by Doe Dollarz. Jiggy beat and dumb chorus. I didn't like the track at all.

Also, the 'Trust No Bitch' beat is a bit iffy. Some might like it. I'm still on the fence.

The album is not all East Coast sound. The Outlawz' Young Noble is on the penultimate track. And the last track for instance has a Bay Area sound with R&B overtones. (There's an uncredited male vocalist cooing in the background.) It's not a bad thing they put this track at the very end, so it doesn't stick out too much. I also wonder just how old this track is cuz it has a classic late 90s westcoast feel, especially with that chorus. Really, it reminds me of, say, a Dogg Pound x Jodeci collabo. All of this doesn't mean it's a bad track, I actually enjoy it a lot.

All in all I would definitely recommend a listen and seriously consider a download. The album is a solid 7 in my book with a few stand out tracks.

BTW I updated the above tracklist because I noticed Lord Fury also had a verse on the 10th track.

I looked up some more info on the record company because I was unfamiliar with it. The press release states 4th 'arranged' the album. I could not find any producer credits anywhere. Can't tell whether 4th produced every track.

"New York, NY, April 25, 2017 --(PR.com)-- New Jersey based label Global Sounds Records will initiate its moniker as an International label on May 5th, 2017. The initial release "Global Concourse" Vol.1 is a various artist Hip Hop album arranged by platinum producer 4th Disciple (The Adept). The album features Shabazz "The Disciple" from Sunz of Man (Wu-Tang) , Napalms Bugsy "Da God," Bizz "The Prince," Rez SPS Kings, Mac Don, The Villains, Dezert Eagle, Rise Soverign, Sneak Sinatra, Shaka Amazulu "The 7th," Doe Dollarz, Young Noble (Outlawz) Lord Fury, Detin8, Fameus, Tikal Bey and production from 4th Disciple.

The International artist album is now available for pre-order on iTunes and Google Play. "Global Concourse" Vol.1 is the initial release of 2017 from Global Sounds Records and Sonic Ministry Productions. In addition to music, the New Jersey based label is expanding by distributing media content such as independent film and digital video content. Global Sounds is now distributed by eOne who is now the largest independent distributor in North America. As of January 2017, eOne's physical releases will be distributed by Warners ADA."Global Concourse" will be available digitally worldwide May 5, 2017."

this is their website :
    https://globalsoundsdistribution.com

I thought I'd include this info because it makes it sound like the artists in our audio booth section on wucorp might have a chance at securing a slot on another Global Sounds release.
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 08-27-2017 at 05:05 AM.
    Retired.

Update : the album is definitely not fully produced by 4th. I found an official vid for the opening track off the album, where it is mentioned that the artist (Tikal) self produced his track (under the moniker TempleOfTikal)

I posted that vid in the Wu Tracks You Are Listening To Now thread earlier today btw
    Retired.