Thread: MC Eiht x DJ Premier - Which way iz west ALBUM STREAM

Default MC Eiht x DJ Premier - Which way iz west ALBUM STREAM

Retired.

Dope. I'm always down for some new west coast and/or DJ Premier music.

De mijne is 4x duurder!

suprised this isn't getting more replays... we've been waiting since 2009 when this was first announced and now it's finally here.. admittedly i've only listned one time all the through, but i really, really liked it. it's true that DJ Premier and MC Eiht put this project together as executive producers with Preem also mixing some records and adding turntable work. but the real stars of this show are MC Eiht (Geeeah, i love this guys voice and whole style as far as emceeing goes9 and European producer Breank Sinatra. Brenk's been working with Eiht for close to ten years and the chemistry is truly there and the team of him, Eiht and Preemo works like crazy. i love how it's a West Coast album with beats that has a certain East Coast / New York type of flavor.

i had been waiting for this LP for years and it certainly didn't dissapoint. it's not the most original LP in the world, but it's Eiht doing what he does best over great instrumentals that bridges the gap between the East and the West and even Europe but it sound likea u iúnified force. a true album. in my mind, without a doubt the best Eiht album in yeeeears. so many highlights too. Premo produced three tracks and these hardly stack up to the best of Brenkäs cuts here imo, except "4 Tha OGz"; ""Last Ones Left" was really cool too. both these are real rider music joints. but Bink's contributions like "Compton Zoo", "Pass Me By", "You Ni'az", "Sitting Around Smoking" and all that - just Pure FIRE. i hope Brenk will continue to produce for Eihht as he's the first producer in ages to bring out the absolute best music out of one the West Coast's illest of all time.

Last but not least, the guests... i don't like when an album is too cluttered up with guests like the main artist can't hold his own (suprisingly this was on Kool G Rap's latest, although i did like that record) but there's just enough guests here to give a breather from Eiht's relentless flow and voice (which is what the best features do on an album imo). So good to hear Lady Of Rage, B-Real, Kurupt (tho i wasn't crazy about the song he appeared on at all), Xzibit, Bumpy fucking KNuckles, of course Young Maylay and WC but get tis a fucking Compton's Most Wanted reunion, on a DJ Premier beat nontheless (one of the better ones). i'ma have to support this if it drops on physical.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

I actually wasn't as fond of this as I hoped. It starts out great but I'm not a big fan of the latter half of the album.

This album is dope, MC Eiht showed how a vet should deliver a album.

anyone want a dl link?