Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Something I've always wondered about Canibus

I thought he killed him with that track.

i swear lots of people are bitter/embarrassed that they thought canibus was the second coming of jesus, so they have to correct their previous adoration by going on about how corny he is now and making dumb threads like "did he like, even battle dude?". he made 3 great albums (2000bc, mic club and RPJ) and dropped them during a period when 90s legends (and most of the clan) were destroying their legacies by releasing trash albums and collaborating with anyone they thought might give them a popularity boost.

a lot of hyperbole surrounded his music for a while, but if you bought into that shit it's your own fault. i shamelessly listen to classic canibus and whatever other "underground" hip hop to this day. some of you faggots are still saying shit like "LL won" - LL was amazingly corny for his entire career and never made a good track, let alone a good album. most of you wouldn't have been caught dead listening to his shit in the last 90s but now want to talk like he's a legend and his early albums were classics or something. rubbish.
    Last edited by rainbow; 08-12-2017 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rat fakerman View Post
    i swear lots of people are bitter/embarrassed that they thought canibus was the second coming of jesus, so they have to correct their previous adoration by going on about how corny he is now and making dumb threads like "did he like, even battle dude?". he made 3 great albums (2000bc, mic club and RPJ) and dropped them during a period when 90s legends (and most of the clan) were destroying their legacies by releasing trash albums and collaborating with anyone they thought might give them a popularity boost.

a lot of hyperbole surrounded his music for a while, but if you bought into that shit it's your own fault. i shamelessly listen to classic canibus and whatever other "underground" hip hop to this day. some of you faggots are still saying shit like "LL won" - LL was amazingly corny for his entire career and never made a good track, let alone a good album. most of you wouldn't have been caught dead listening to his shit in the last 90s but now want to talk like he's a legend and his early albums were classics or something. rubbish.
    lmao truth.

He never had one good track? Fuck outta here man. He built one of the most powerful labels on the strength of his music. It doesn't get much better than late 80's early 90's LL Cool J.

His music career has been over for a while but he's made sure he's successful in another industry. No one wants to hear old dudes rapping anyway.

It's funny how two artists will forever be compared to each other even tho they're so different and the beefs been over for years. I'm sure both have moved on. One a little bit more successful than the other.

I don't even want to hate on Canibus cuz sure he made some nice songs 20 years ago but dude's just not relevant anymore. He signed up for the army because his music career was too depressing and even Wikipedia doesn't know where he's been since 2012. And he has himself to blame. He chose to battle heavyweights and disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Rame View Post
    No one wants to hear old dudes rapping anyway.
    Yo man, sorry yo have to pick that one small piece from you post..

Can't agree with that in any way shape or form..

near on everybody I listen to in rap is 35 to 50+ years old already.. lol

You not going to listen to Jayz new LP? dudes nearly 50
    Yo not going to listen to KRS new LP which is fire... 51 years old
    Not going to listen to Jackens new shit dudes like 46? lol
    Sean P new LP? Hardest LP dude would be 45 now

That age shit is irrelevant bullshit. You either got it or you ain't. I'll be listening to these dudes + many others until they either die or quit.. peace

Of course there are exceptions. I enjoyed the new Jay-Z and the Sean P album is dope. I probably wouldn't mind a new Ghostface album either.

But most 90's rappers are ready for retirement.

bravo fucking BRAVO

Did this dude really just say LL never had a good track or a good album? LOL

Peace CT

Did someone really just say Wikipedia doesn't know where Canibus has been since 2012? Classic. Check out the album he did with Bronze Nazareth which is post 2012. Peace

I actually think the last 3 canibus albums I heard were his best. That was melatonin magic, for whom the beat tolls, and c of tranquility. I don't know if he's dropped anything since then but I think the last 2 were easily his best. The older ones all had some good tracks on them, maybe even his best tracks, but none of them were good albums.

And fuck off with that whatever shit this agenda and that about canibus. The thread is as I said. I have simply always wondered if he actually ever earned his stripes in the battle arena, so I asked about it. Don't always assume everybody has some hidden agenda or whatever.

Also I love old school hip hop, but I've never liked LL. I've never heard any canibus diss stuff he did, nor have I ever taken any interest in their beef and canibus' response.

LL is a legend and a god damn animal. I don't know what cannibus was thinking

There were 0 disses on second round KO. Unless you count "You might have more cash than me, but you don't have the skills to eat a niggas ass like me" lol
    Last edited by TSA; 08-13-2017 at 08:38 AM.

I listen to LL all the time and never thought cannibus was anything but corny. clusterfucking words into verses is the most elementary form of trying to trick people into thinking you're a good rapper.

nada ignorante

LL is a Beast on the Mic when he wants. Just because hes made a few songs for the ladies (hoes) dont mean he cant spit flames.....
    N.I.

nada ignorante

Faggits
    N.I.