Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Home brewing

Default Home brewing

Anyone here into it?

I did my first brew recently. A pale ale with additional galaxy and mosaic hops. Turned out pretty decent. Hoping to do a single hop simcoe IPA this week.

'

Considering I have maybe 300 - 500 craft breweries in my area to choose from. It seems like a lot of work, time, and money just to make something mediocre which might kill you if you do it wrong.

I remember it being cool to do in the 90's. Not so much now. I'd rather learn how to be a blacksmith.

I met a dude at a bar that makes his own knives. Then takes them to bars to show random people. He had some pretty sick shit, all (allegedly) hand crafted. With some you can tell (not that it took away from how nice they were) others looked damn near factory made. He has his own furnace too. Had a school shooter vibe so I left it be but talent is talent.

Banned

Everyone home brew I ever tried wasn't good. The audacity of drunks to think they can just craft a brilliant ale in their spare time.

Fuck You Noel.

'

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    Everyone home brew I ever tried wasn't good. The audacity of drunks to think they can just craft a brilliant ale in their spare time.

Fuck You Noel.
    hahahaha
    "I hate them and I wish death among them!" - Mahatma Gandhi

Banned

A mate of mine makes incredible beer at home and has had them produced at some of the microbreweries in Sydney and even sold on tap at some of the biggest hipster pubs in the hipster areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Considering I have maybe 300 - 500 craft breweries in my area to choose from. It seems like a lot of work, time, and money just to make something mediocre which might kill you if you do it wrong.

I remember it being cool to do in the 90's. Not so much now. I'd rather learn how to be a blacksmith.
    Earlier this year at Australia Day in the park where there were stall tents and entertainment there was a random
    bladksmith doing blacksmith things on the anvil it was pretty cool
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

It's really not that much work, and at least in Australia it is fuckloads cheaper than buying beer. Obviously u pay a little bit for the gear initially (not that much), but buying ingredients for a brew is peanuts compared to buying beer.

Also even my first brew I would drink over most beers u get here. I doubt I'll ever brew anything that competes with quality craft beers, but they r insanely priced over here (generally $80+ for a box of 24, or maybe $60 for 16). Even all the rubbish popular beers are over $50 a carton over here.

My strategy now is drink predominantly home brews n keep some super fancy craft beers to drink sparingly, and it'll still cost a shitload less than just buying cases of OK craft beers, which don't satisfy my level of beer snobbery anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    generally $80+ for a box of 24, or maybe $60 for 16
    not even Assad commits such heinous crimes
    Retired.

It's fucking insane, magne. Europe was fucking awesome, buying class beers for fuck all from supermarkets. It was painful coming back home n spending a week's pay on a case of beer. It really is an absolute joke. Shit beers r so insanely priced to begin with that 'boutique' beers are like a major investment. Fucked up situation for a drunk beer connoisseur dick.

'

Do you guys have to get approved for a loan before buying top shelf whiskey?

Quite possibly. I'm not too sure how our spirit prices compare on a global scale.

Banned

Glenfarclas 30 is about $700 a bottle if that's any indication. Ardbeg 10 is my go to at $90 a bottle
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

Jesus Christ. I would either quit drinking or fly somewhere normal and fly back with several bottles. Is that legal? You probly get taxed at customs?

What a shitty place

How about weed and ciggs?
    We do it for the people.

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

I would turn into an Ironman type square character living there
    We do it for the people.