Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Home brewing

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post

I prefer stouts and dark beer so I always go for the Franzsikaner Dunkel (the one on the left) but the hefe weißbier is pretty good too but much better on tap. Every Christmas I get the Franziskaner gift pack which has a few beers and the 1L glass lol I've got so many German 1L and 0.5L glasses: a couple each of Paulaner, Erdinger and Franziskaner, 0.5L Löwenbräu, 1L DB I think and a few 0.5L glasses from the Oktoberfest at the German club.

There's quite a few amazing craft beer bottle shops in the inner west that you would love; I recently had some nice beer from Norway lol but I always ignore the American section.
    your German drank is on point

Paulaner is da shiznit
    Retired.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    ^looking at that pic, I'm pretty fucking sure I drank that beer when I was in Germany. Definitely had the other 3 u mentioned. I tried a shitload of beers when I was there, n almost all of them were epic. And cheap as chips. I stumbled upon a rare bottle shop near the border with Switzerland and bought 24 different beers, in those big bottles. 500ml or whatever they are. It cost fuck all. Imagine doing that over here. It'd b a life time investment. I've actually still got the receipt somewhere.

Did you bring those beers back to Australia? I want to go on a beer and food expedition of Germany and Italy and would love to bring back some amazing beer and wine.

You can buy the Franziskaner at Dan Murphy's which is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Towers View Post
    your German drank is on point

Paulaner is da shiznit

I pretty much only know Bavarian beers from Germany because that's where my heritage is lol Weihenstephaner is another good beer. I don't really drink the Löwenbräu too much for footballing reasons but Hofbräu is a good one too and Öttinger is decent. It's probably also because Oktoberfest popularised the Bavarian beers so the only non-Bavarian beers I can think of you can get regularly here are DAB and Schöfferhofer

I fuck heavily with Belgian beer too; I love the Delirium beer and Trappists beers are great. There's a Belgium beer cafe down the road from the Bavarian in the city which I used to go a lot. Germany and Belgium are the first places I look for when trying new beers.
    Last edited by The Hound; 08-17-2017 at 09:33 PM.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Nah didn't bring anything home, dunn dunn. I'll have to grab one of those muthas next thyme I'm at DM's.

I looked for that receipt this morn but couldn't find it. Fucken annoying cos I know I dug it up in the last couple of years. It was under R for receipts in my filing thing. Apparently like a true nonce cunt I decided it would b better to relocate it to somewhere I'd never remember and it's no longer in the filing thing. Cunt.

When I was staying with my uncle in Rotterdam he shared with me some exotic Belgian beers that a Belgian friend of his was giving him. They were rather exquisite if memory serves me correctly. Strong too.

One thing I will say about American pale ales and IPA's is that they all tend to have a very similar taste. All the best beers I've had r Aussie, tho US ones r consistently good. Ballast Point do some exotic and exciting varieties. I have several in my fridge atm.

It's a common thing to get Aussie pale ales that are presented as being 'american style pale ales', and which use american hops. Is the reverse also true? I think I actually have an american one in my fridge atm that says it uses Aussie hops in the write up. Aussie hops at their best I think r more fragrant and interesting than what I've experienced with american ones.

I looked at an American brewing website the other day which have a whole range of Aussie hops as well as US ones. I may well place a bulk order of mixed hops with them.

Ya heard?

Oh lolz the American beer with the Aussie hops (galaxy) is actually one I had last night just before I made that last post. It's called Stone Ripper. Was an outstanding beer. Not a typical American style. I only had one can of it but I'd really like to get more.

Ya heard?

@ the hound, I went to DM's this week n got one each of the frankinskank dark n light weisbiers. Dug em heavily. My bro even had some big fuck off rad German style glasses to pour those muthas in. I went back next day n got 5 more.

I'm def an IPA n PA kind of gangsta, but def still love those euro wheat beers n shit.

Just had a ballast point grunion PA. Def one of the best US beers I've had. I've got/had at least 6 different ballast point PA's n IPA's in my fridge. Those fuckers must really b into experimenting with their beers. Good on 'em.
    Last edited by noel411; 09-02-2017 at 09:26 AM.

Banned

It's bullshit good hey? That's just ordinary German beer it's not even craft that's why German beer is the top of the class. Did you prefer the dark beer or the weissbier? Im positive they do a mango weissbier but that might not be available in bottles only on tap. If you're ever in Sydney you need to head out to the Bavarian Bier Cafe, it's company policy for the bar maid sluts to have their tops unbuttoned too lol but don't be a homo like my mate and get the Hofbräu diesel which is the Hofbräu dunkel mixed with Coca Cola
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Lolz @ beer mixed with cola. U should bitch slap that faggit, lolz.

I preferred the dark one, tho both were super sexy. I've tried a few familiar German beers over here since I went there, hoping to relive the glory, and they've all fallen short quite dismally. This is the first one that didn't.

I had a look at the list of shit available from our main supplier at work, and there was also a frankinskank weissbeir hell. Weissbeir hells were absolutely my shit when I was in Germany, so I'm keen to try that.

I can get boxes of 20 x 500ml frankinskank thru work. How does that price sound to u? They only had single bottle price at DM. 20% off if u bought 6.

Lolz that Bavaria bar sounds trill as fuck. Doubt I'll ever b in a situation where I can visit, but def would like to.

Lolz @ beer mixed with cola. U should bitch slap that faggit, lolz.

I preferred the dark one, tho both were super sexy. I've tried a few familiar German beers over here since I went there, hoping to relive the glory, and they've all fallen short quite dismally. This is the first one that didn't.

I had a look at the list of shit available from our main supplier at work, and there was also a frankinskank weissbeir hell. Weissbeir hells were absolutely my shit when I was in Germany, so I'm keen to try that.

I can get boxes of 20 x 500ml frankinskank for about $70 thru work. How does that price sound to u? They only had single bottle price at DM. 20% off if u bought 6.

Lolz that Bavaria bar sounds trill as fuck. Doubt I'll ever b in a situation where I can visit, but def would like to.
    Last edited by noel411; 09-04-2017 at 12:17 AM.

20 x 500ml for $70 that was supposed to b.

I had a saint archer IPA last night (American). It was pretty superb.

ANYBODY mixing beer with coca cola is a full blown hoe. In Europe you get a pass for that when you're 16. that's about it

smh we are surrounded by heathens hahaha
    Retired.