Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The show Ozark on Netflix is cRACk

Default The show Ozark on Netflix is cRACk

This shit goes. You shold check it out

Banned

Yea my friend was telling me about it. I'll check it out. Sounds worth it.

Also started West World but I'm having a hard time getting into it despite the acclaim.

just make it halfway through the 1st season of west world. the first half is confusing as fuck (it was to me anyway) but then shit gets real good. cant wait for the new season now.
    I'll have to check that ozark out

yeah I didn't have the patience to get through the confusion

Dope it's on my list.

De mijne is 4x duurder!

Looks Breaking Baddish. Will be checking out, probably once the season ends and I can watch it over 2 or 3 days.

Ah, The full season is available now.

Btw Westworld is fantastic, and it gets better as the season moves along. I think the 2nd season is going to be crazy, what with the AI becoming sentient and shit.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Looks Breaking Baddish. Will be checking out, probably once the season ends and I can watch it over 2 or 3 days.
    It is big time, I like this one more because the main character does more ill shit IMO. It's also more about the laundering end than the dealing which is dope cause the dealing story has been told a million times.

Wait you posted this in General chat? TSA u wild.

5 episodes in and really digging this show. Who would've thought Jason Bateman had it in him.

I can see the Breaking Bad comparison even though it's not quite at that level (yet).

Gonna check it out on the strengff
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Ah, The full season is available now.

Btw Westworld is fantastic, and it gets better as the season moves along. I think the 2nd season is going to be crazy, what with the AI becoming sentient and shit.
    Westworld is dope af indeed. Watched the whole thing in 3 days. Loved the movie too. Never saw Future World (the sequel) though, I read that one wasn't worth viewing.
    Retired.

My wife's binge watching it as we speak and I'm not getting into it. It looks good but I haven't found a reason to care. That how it was with GOT though so it's probably a matter of time.

I checked it out. It was good enough for me to make it through the first season. But you're overhyping it.

First of all, Mexican drug cartels is a played out antagonist and become cliche at this point.

Second of all, the main character isn't a particularly good actor in my opinion. Third, there seems to be many plot holes which I won't go into. Fourth of all, the main character has let practically the whole town know what he's doing. And how come two of this guy's business partners end up dead and the FBI has done practically nothing? And then they don't even go into much deal exactly how he's laundering money. Explain to me how padding your expenses explains to the IRS how you gained extra revenue? And the primary thief in the show he appoints as being in charge of a predominantly cash only business? Why would the girl who is the thief have to kill him or steal his money out the shed when she's in charge of the club? We're to believe she's honest and depositing all the cash earnings each day into the safe? It's ridiculous! Way to let the fox watch the hen house!

And that guy has 10 or 20 acres of poppy plants and no one ever noticed? The sheriff? A plane? No one was ever busted with that stuff in town and no trigger for an investigation ever happened?

Perhaps the cheesiest part was when the main character walks in on a bunch of rednecks who just stole over $3 million from him, and says "you will have to kill me" or hand my money back to me? So they just hand the $3 million back and only take $20,000? lol that would never happen in real life. Terrible writing.

In matter of fact, the writing is so terrible it is an insult to Vince Gilligan to ever do the comparison.

Then the guy who runs the poppy operation ransoms the main character for almost $800,000 because what? Someone nailed a cross to the skeleton of what is supposed to be a church? But when the main character outs the entire drug dealing operation to the preacher their only retribution is to out him to the preacher too? So silly.

And why exactly has no one killed the main character since he has pizzed off so many people? They're scared of his "employer" which he nor anyone else hasn't even proven exist?

And I'm sorry, but it isn't believable that the main character launders $8 million in supposed revenue from a backwoods country lodge on a lake and a hillbilly strip club in just three months. I know hotels with 200 rooms which are selling out every night which don't even post that much revenue in three months with room sales, market sales, restaurant and cafe sales all added together. And that's not even discounting the expenses, salaries, insurance and overhead. Good grief!

And if he's padding his expenses, such as listing that he bought 25 AC units instead of just 4, then isn't he reducing the net revenue that he's supposedly depositing in the bank? Horrible writing!!!

Oh. And the icing on the cake. They just HAD to put in 3 gay characters in the show in the first season. Hollywood's GAY Agenda continues! Two gay FBI agents and a closeted gay redneck with a beard. Wonderful! What's a good show without a bunch of homosexuals in it! Because, you know, like 2% of the population in real life is gay, so we need 30% of characters in TV shows to be gay.

Fuck this show.
    Last edited by Sense-A; 08-20-2017 at 12:10 PM.

I agree with a lot of points ^

This show was entertaining, because I know when to turn my brain off. But still it felt like a Breaking Bad fan fiction.

Tfw there will never be a show as good as Sopranos again.

"I hate them and I wish death among them!" - Mahatma Gandhi