Thread: Possible new Joker movie

Default Possible new Joker movie

Insider movie trade publication 'Deadline' has just announced that Martin Scorsese and Todd Phillips are working on a movie about The Joker. The scenario is being written now. Phillips is gonna direct. No castings as of yet.

I hope this project makes it beyond the development stage.
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 08-26-2017 at 09:05 PM.
    Retired.

Banned

Just make The Killing Joke
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    How about make a joker movie that isnt kid friendly or stomachable to woman who watch things like Modern Family.

Just unfiltered violence and a back story of how he became so demented.
    How about Hollywood tries something original as opposed to churning out hundreds of what amounts to the same movie but with a different shiny suit? Enough with this childish superhero crap.

The Dark Knight was the apex and should have signalled the end of the trend for this type of movie but its all money to them so they'll keep it going until the ass falls out.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    How about make a joker movie that isnt kid friendly or stomachable to woman who watch things like Modern Family.

Just unfiltered violence and a back story of how he became so demented.
    Which is exactly what The Killing Joke is

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

And don't cast Jared Leto. He did not convince me at all last time around.
    Retired.

I read an update on this in a national newspaper round my way

Jared Leto is definitely not in the picture. They are looking for a younger actor.
    That would make sense if it was (don't know if it is, though) an origin story

What had me kind of scratching my head was that supposedly they are gonna set the movie in the 80s. This has me wondering just how realistic (in terms of time period, with clothes and other props) they want to portray Gotham.

Hound you got me curious, I'm gonna watch The Killing Joke this afternoon
    http://putlocker.ac/batman-the-killi...putlocker.html
    Retired.

just watched it. I should probably find a way to read those comics, the source material must be way stronger than the animated movie. the movie was okay but not mindblowing by any standards. plotwise the way they brought in The Joker about one third into the movie was abrupt and not very convincing. the carnival showdown at the end is also not a first. I was half expecting Paris Franz to make a return later on in the movie as well. but he didn't. if felt like two movies with a thin bridge connecting the stories

I'll order the graphic novel at some point later. Alan Moore's 'Watchmen' is my favorite graphic novel so 'The Killing Joke' should be right up my alley. too bad the animated movie didn't really deliver

after having seen the movie I do agree with it making great material for a live action movie, especially with its dark mood
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 08-27-2017 at 07:07 PM.
    Retired.

just read this review http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/08/...e-movie-review and I understand now that the first third of the animated movie has nothing to do with the graphic novel

that explains a lot.
    Retired.

Banned

Wasn't the Killing Joke animated movie where the feminists and cuck fags had things changed because poor Barbara got crippled like the useless cunt she is? Even the guy who wrote the original source turned in to a cuck fag later on and denounced the book. But if you can acknowledge fiction as fiction and don't cry uncontrollably at a woman being hurt then you'll be fine with the book.

The Long Halloween, Year One, Knightfall and Joker are all worth copping
    Last edited by The Hound; 08-27-2017 at 03:44 PM.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

^^ dope. These panels are portrayed truthfully in the animated movie.

So I just read that the Joker movie is gonna be an origin story. It doesn't tie in with Suicide Squad.

In fact this is supposed to be the first in a new series of standalone DC movies that focus on one beloved DC character each.
    Retired.

^ Sounds good. Too many sequels etc. imo.

De mijne is 4x duurder!