Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: RZA Announces New Album Wu-Tang: The Saga Continues

Gza is on it,listen to the snippets

Shaolin Master

To me, some of these beats sound like instrumentals that would have made it onto wu-projects in the late 90's and early 2000's. This is a solid album. I like most of what I've heard so far. We'll still have to wait for the full album though. I'm not feeling some of the r n b artists on here tbh.

i'll wait till friday but good to hear they got GZA on there after all

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

fresh from the kitchen CL2coming's Avatar

Only listened briefly, but not immediately blown away by those snippets - but they are just that: snippets.

Need to wait to hear and digest the full project, of course.

"People Say" is cool - I definitely bump this. But it is very much in the same vein as Keep Watch from ABT - i.e. a wu-ish sounding loop, but with a live vocalist made to sound a bit like a sample... hopefully there is some more heat on this album.

Prospect
    Were just worms in the worst part of the apple thats rotten...

Hope U-God is on the track also.

Veteran Member

From the snippets, i think it will be a good compilation. Superior to ABT for sure. Nothing groundbreaking to be honest but nothing wack aswell. Like CL2coming said, it looks like live instrumentation, not samples. Beats are very clean.
    That's the main problem for me. Wu-tang can't be wu-tang without dirty piano and violin loops. But well, at least this one looks decent.

fresh from the kitchen CL2coming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Antonelli View Post
    From the snippets, i think it will be a good compilation. Superior to ABT for sure. Nothing groundbreaking to be honest but nothing wack aswell. Like CL2coming said, it looks like live instrumentation, not samples. Beats are very clean.
    That's the main problem for me. Wu-tang can't be wu-tang without dirty piano and violin loops. But well, at least this one looks decent.
    Yeah - had a better listen to the snippets. Sounds like there might actually be some bangers on there. Look forward to hearing in full.

Re: the beats sounding clean - Math acknowledged this in an interview, where he talked about wanting to capture the old wu sound, but clean it up so that tracks don't sound out of place played next to new/modern tracks. And he talked about listening to both Enter the Wu-tang and Dre's 2001 for inspiration.

Veteran Member

Yes he is
    WU-TANG FOREVER.
    GHANA REPRESENTING

Shaolin Master

Who is? U God? If so, how do u know?

Platypi on the swarm!! RUSHING PLATYPUS's Avatar

It is shocking this hasn't leaked yet. Very impressive!

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by dapo View Post
    Who is? U God? If so, how do u know?
    Gza is
    WU-TANG FOREVER.
    GHANA REPRESENTING

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by REAL6 View Post
    Hope U-God is on the track also.
    From the snippets, he aint
    WU-TANG FOREVER.
    GHANA REPRESENTING

Intro, track 14 and outro (same beat) remind me of I Can't Go To Sleep. Which is good of course.

These snippets sound better than anything Wu-Tang related I've heard in a long time.

De mijne is 4x duurder!

I've checked only a few snippets from it and maybe I'm bitching and maybe I've become a whiny-ass punk, but I don't feel that Math's productions almost at all. I don't know why but it sounds like nothing fresh and nothing that I would like to hear more than twice max. It's actually sad 'cause I've been in love with Wu for so many years and I'm starting to really feel that they are not capable of recording something REALLY dope together. And I don't mean dope but REALLY dope.

Damn, albums like Iron Flag or even OB4CL II sound so great comparing to this one and I don't even consider them close to Wu classic.

It's funny to me when Math says he was inspired by Wu's 36 Chambers and Dre's Chronic 2001 but this album sounds like nothing from those two mentioned (at least the part I've heard so far). I know being inspired by something doesn't imply that it should be a exact copy but I don't feel any vibe on "The Saga Continuous" that could be compared to RZA's or Dre's works.
    Last edited by soob; 10-11-2017 at 03:18 PM.

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Quote Originally Posted by soob View Post
    I've checked only a few snippets from it and maybe I'm bitching and maybe I've become a whiny-ass punk, but I don't feel that Math's productions almost at all. I don't know why but it sounds like nothing fresh and nothing that I would like to hear more than twice max. It's actually sad 'cause I've been in love with Wu for so many years and I'm starting to really feel that they are not capable of recording something REALLY dope together. And I don't mean dope but REALLY dope.

Damn, albums like Iron Flag or even OB4CL II sound so great comparing to this one and I don't even consider them close to Wu classic.

It's funny to me when Math says he was inspired by Wu's 36 Chambers and Dre's Chronic 2001 but this album sounds like nothing from those two mentioned (at least the part I've heard so far). I know being inspired by something doesn't imply that it should be a exact copy but I don't feel any vibe on "The Saga Continuous" that could be compared to RZA's or Dre's works.
    You can add me to that list!! Math seems like a real cool and humble dude!! I been watching the interviews. BUT, as far beats go man Im not feeling it. He got a few but his drums are just so thin and clean man. What happened to the dusty grimey beats?? If i listen to that Cilva beat album he just dropped like someone just said its a cryme nobody used those beats! This is far from a masterpiece and its not a Clan album neither!!!! I feel rza is doing the same thing again as with OUATIS! Only OUATIS actually comes across like a real clan album and this like a Mathematics compilation! And an average one at best. C'mon Math! Give us beats like SNUFFED OUT !!!!!