Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: RZA Announces New Album Wu-Tang: The Saga Continues

PRODIGAL SUN

they are stillpromoting the math vs meth tape in the new video for fly navigation so if anything id say it was a couple of songs from that for sure.

lesson learned is fire
    my only one has great verses and a modern hook. its not nathaniel bad, its a modern day hook youd hear on the radio; i wouldnt call it trash at all. they are obviously going for a broader audience with this one.
    fuck it im not even gonna get into it..

as usual, this site hates the album while other less nerdy sites give it favorable reviews.

its nothing groundbreaking but its a nice lil project and i def enjoy the songs over a majority of a better tomorrow

Man you seem to be stuck in the past bro. That was Meth back then. Are you telling me he didn't kill it on this album, throwing some elements of his singy songy flown with updated patterns? Man he totally smashes it on G'd Up! I mean in 2017 wtf are we expecting from Wu man!? These beats and their skills shine on this album, I really dont think we could expect more man. The beats are solid of course theres a few that maybe are not so good. Math did a good job on this, I hope he produces more Wu albums. Plus they got some nice messages for us brothers on there. Everyone entitled to an opinion but I do feel you really have to just accept this album for what it is in a time where mainstream Rap is mumble Rap. Anyway peace to ya. Im glad I like it anyway..money well spent!

Veteran Member

I'm listening to "hood go bang, why why why and fronzen" non stop at the gym for one week now. These tracks are really dope. TSC>>>>>>>>ABT.
    Last edited by Antonelli; 10-18-2017 at 08:11 AM.

nada ignorante

N.I.

Shaolin Student

I’ll be riding with this for a good minute. Not great, but pretty darn good. Now if we had another 10 minutes with contributions from U-God, Gza, and Masta Killa this could be something really nice. The beats fit the Clan well. 7.5/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Origin™ View Post
    Yeah, I shouldn't have left of Gza really. but its the same reason for me, way to long to wait. But he is nasty on the mic still. loved that Gza Vs Muggz LP
    I agree, that album made me respect GZA a lot more and he was aleady one of my favorites. I bought the album and played it a lot. Muggs was on another level as well

as usual, this site hates the album while other less nerdy sites give it favorable reviews.
    I'm finding this too. this morning some young white chick on my FB posted about how banging this album is and it kinda surprised me.
    I don't hate the album but I'd give it a 7/10. It just bugs me that there's almost NO tempo change throughout the entire album. There's supposed to be highs and lows to keep it interesting

album bangs for sure.. i received the CD in the mail today and i can say i'm certainly satisfied with this as an album of dope new Wu-Tang music. i listened to "A Better Tomorrow" and this today and i still like 'ABT' more as a whole + i find the production more varied and interesting on that but there's still a lot of tight records on this LP. "People Say" stands as #1 on here imo.. like Mumm Ra said above me it would have gained from having more varied tempos and musical textures - pretty much each of these songs could be stand outs on another album but here some of those same tracks fade in to each other a little. i really like how they have RZA with the Saga interludes to bind it together... and Raekwon slaughtered that "Fast and Furious" verse btw.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

I wish uey was on fast and furious. he wouldve murdered a lot of those beats

'

Default The Saga Continues (album release)

No thread yet?

Meth stood out imo.

'

sorry guys, multiple streams... Spotify has it also

if you feel like it you can vote in a poll on this album now

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho...23#post2593323

@ claaa7 : glad to hear you are enjoying the album

peace yall
    Retired.

Heard this a couple of thymes now and I dig it. Immediately ruled this out as any kind of Clan album when I saw that first thing that said Gza and Uey weren't on it, so wasn't expecting anything other than a Math compilation. So no disappointments there. Cool that they dug up a few old Gza bars from somewhere in the end. Threw this straight in my 'Mathematics' folder with LHoR and TP, which is where it'll stay. But yeah, it's nothing amazing, but why the fuck would it be? It's better than I expected. I really quite like it. Prob like it more than the MK album, though I haven't heard either many thymes yet. More excited about giving this repeat plays than I am the MK album though. Skits are a waste of space but that's what the 'delete' button is for, nah mean? I'd prob be annoyed if I actually bought the cd though.

One thing I will say is that Rza REALLY needs to stop trying so hard to sound smart. It's embarrassing.

Damn I've never looked at my post count before, but for some reason I looked at it right then as it hit 6000, ha! Well thymed.