Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: RZA Announces New Album Wu-Tang: The Saga Continues

Peace CT

So basically what u r saying is your album is the last chance for 90s Wu n we can't hear it. Thank and peace for the kick in the nuts. Ha

Sterile is the perfect word to describe it.

It lacks that layer of filth. The streets.. Baggy jeans and timberland boots.. That dirty cold City night life shit.. It's just not the 90s no more.. That really is the sum of the matter. lol I feel sorry for the young people that never got to live through that shit. Because even listening back to the old music doesn't bring back that feeling.

The music is lacking the Era.. Godbless the 1990s..

edit:

A perfect example of this is GxFR.. Buffalo might as well still be living in the 90s.. you can actually feel that shit in all of Conway, Gunn, Bennys music.. Daringer got that dirty new york street shit going on.
    Last edited by Origin™; 10-29-2017 at 12:26 PM.

Saga Continues could have had one song in major key. Didn't Enter the 36 chambers have at least three? I'm thinking maybe half of the tracks, actually. But I can see when you are in the studio, playing the keys, you might seem pussy fiddling around with the major scale.
    By the way, there is some light in If Time Is Money. That song is amazing.

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by josborne3680 View Post
    So basically what u r saying is your album is the last chance for 90s Wu n we can't hear it. Thank and peace for the kick in the nuts. Ha
    Not at all.. I said that my beats are too a version or inspired by the 90s productions of RZA, 4th and True. Not the actual thing. The actual thing wont happen because as Origin so well described it, the music is lacking an era. I think that's the ultra way to describe it.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    Not at all.. I said that my beats are too a version or inspired by the 90s productions of RZA, 4th and True. Not the actual thing. The actual thing wont happen because as Origin so well described it, the music is lacking an era. I think that's the ultra way to describe it.
    I agree with you said about the time period. I think that's MOST of the issue right there. You can't recreate that time period. People want to bring it back but it's just impossible. These guys aren't in the same mindstate.

'the music is lacking an era'.

Agreed. It's instinctive for producers to keep diggin' for that brand new, authentic 'gold' though. That's why I feel that they should still keep putting out music. They'll find it if they keep pushing & don't 'force' the flavour.

Also, it's a certain vibe. The vibe of your city, of the game, your surroundings. When you have a bunch of brothers off the street in a dark basement, insense burning, kung fu flick playing in the back, 40s, turkey burgers, some playing chess, etc... all that adds to whats being created. I was in LA for about 10 days during the Detox recordings with Focus. Three studios rented out, each producer working in one studio, making beats, Dre picking what he likes, then emcees would come in, record the track and send it off to Dre. It was extremely sterile. Not like the Death Row days with the Dogg Pound all over the place, blunts, 40s, girls, lowriders, you got the Hughes brothers making flicks, Vatos Locos all over the place, riots going on, etc... the whole atmosphere is shaping that sound. Like all the skits and intros and shit throughout the songs, it's all natural organic. Nowadays it's mp3 being sent over and acapellas being sent back. Listen to the Clan first albums, you can hear all kinds of background talking through the songs, the interludes, etc... it comes from that.. and nowadays thats completely gone. Listen to Saga, it's just verses.. no interaction on the songs. But on OUATIS I made of point of creating that atmosphere again. For example, there's a skit on there where RZA meets Mr.Greco for the first time. In the back ground you can hear Sin & Deck talking, Rae & Ghost in one corner, 12 O Clock and U-God cussing somebody out, Beretta 9 yelling from across the street. It creates a cohesive feel.
    I heard that skit fades into a posse cut with Cher, Carice van Houten and FC Barcelona players.

Melf Nederlandse lifestyle & hiphop community. Voor bazen. De beste website van de wereld.[

Cher and the FC players are acting in a skit together... Carice is on another skit with Rae.

Cher and the FC players are acting in a skit together... Carice is on another skit with Rae.
    on the off chance, does Carice say anything in Dutch as well as in English in that skit with Rae? probably a long shot but it would be cool if there was like one line in Dutch on OUATIS

peace
    Retired.

All English

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    Lol you see them perform 93 shit and it's hype that's because it's from 93'! As far as The generals It's pretty obvious why it won't happen. These guys aren't in the same mind state they were back then. Plain and simple. 93-97 these guys were still in the hood trying to make something happen reading the 5% lessons. That same fire isn't there, they will never rhyme like that again. They had something to prove at the time. Not saying the rhyming now is bad because it's pretty solid but like I've stated some dudes on here are expecting rhymes from the old days and that's done with. If 4th Disciple/True Master/Insert Wu Element here was still dropping fire beats don't you think they would be using them? The only Wu element being used is Bronze. That goes back to the last point I made about 4th Disciple. These guys not making the same quality beats anymore. This forum would be devastated after listening to a Wu Elements produced LP. You guys would be expecting to hear some monumental shit and that's not the case. Jay-Z just dropped a very solid album with 4:44 so I'm not saying you get worse with age. But Jay-Z has access to better producers, people that's gonna make his shit hot. Wu doesn't. Rza not on that type of time anymore. I believe a Wu album without Rza may be the best route at this point.

This is the last beat I heard from 4th Disciple..Impressed?
    i dont get it.. whats wrong with that beat?

that songs dope

and this beat is a BANGER and a single of seans last album

he also had 2 of the top 5 beats on abettertomorrow
    Last edited by ForensikZ; 10-30-2017 at 04:18 PM.

This album is dope

this album keeps growing on me, it's just good to have some brand new Wu to nod my head to. Mathematics brought it with the production, some of his best work in years for real. "Pearl Harbor", "People Say", "Frozen", "The Saga Continues", it's just bangers upon bangers. i actually like "A Better Tomorrow" quite a lot more than most on this site it seems but i have to admit that it's fresh as hell to see something close to a Clan project with a more certified classic Wu sound.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    i dont get it.. whats wrong with that beat?

that songs dope

he also had 2 of the top 5 beats on abettertomorrow
    Nah bro. You're satisfied with that and people shitting on THIS album? (The Sean P track was nice)

P.S. "If Time is Money" on Repeat all day
    Last edited by Hollow Dartz; 11-01-2017 at 08:41 PM.

Also, it's a certain vibe. The vibe of your city, of the game, your surroundings. When you have a bunch of brothers off the street in a dark basement, insense burning, kung fu flick playing in the back, 40s, turkey burgers, some playing chess, etc... all that adds to whats being created. I was in LA for about 10 days during the Detox recordings with Focus. Three studios rented out, each producer working in one studio, making beats, Dre picking what he likes, then emcees would come in, record the track and send it off to Dre. It was extremely sterile. Not like the Death Row days with the Dogg Pound all over the place, blunts, 40s, girls, lowriders, you got the Hughes brothers making flicks, Vatos Locos all over the place, riots going on, etc... the whole atmosphere is shaping that sound. Like all the skits and intros and shit throughout the songs, it's all natural organic. Nowadays it's mp3 being sent over and acapellas being sent back. Listen to the Clan first albums, you can hear all kinds of background talking through the songs, the interludes, etc... it comes from that.. and nowadays thats completely gone. Listen to Saga, it's just verses.. no interaction on the songs. But on OUATIS I made of point of creating that atmosphere again. For example, there's a skit on there where RZA meets Mr.Greco for the first time. In the back ground you can hear Sin & Deck talking, Rae & Ghost in one corner, 12 O Clock and U-God cussing somebody out, Beretta 9 yelling from across the street. It creates a cohesive feel. Same for the song Stone Finger, Redman, Raekwon and Deck are talking sporadically over the track and it creates a feel that this song was created with everybody in one room. And it really lifts the experience of the song and brings back those memories we're all talking about from the 90s. Problem is I think, most of the guys will think that's played out, or there's not a big enough market for that anymore, and nobody wants to take a risk. The producers are the same... not ALL their beats are smashing, as for any producer, but they definitely have enough in the bag to make something incredible. It just wont happen.

eh. you're in the Netherlands and your shit doesn't sound like bikes and free healthcare. Environment is a factor but this is the issue.

Wutang Forever sounded nothing like 36 Chambers, but they were both great expressions of where they were as in their particular careers. Wu-tang Forever captured the grandeur of being on top of the world, older and wiser, 36 Chambers captured hunger and their then youth. All other albums suck at capturing whatever the hell they're trying to capture and express. It isn't that their lives are 'bad', they're worst at making art around their life. That's just what it is. I'm not a Jay-z fan but he has done a good job making whatever junction he's at in life into music his fans enjoy.

I think it would be lame for them to try to remake their 'old sound' (which all attempts are stupid because they have no clue why people even lik(ed) them). All of their attempts to remake their sound suck and will always suck cause they're not the same people. But whoever they are now, it's not impossible to express that well, and that's all people are asking for.

That ONLY person that has done this well is Ghostface. On 36 Chambers he was hungry. On CL he was desperate, on Ironman he was comfortable (having finally gotten paid and signed). The fact that supreme clientele was made after him coming back from a health scare and was aiming to save wu-tangs legacy and assert his individuality was done masterfully. You listen to the album and everything from the lyrics to the beats to the skits let you know this. Every ghost albums sounds like Ghost where he's at in life and that's why his albums are consistent.

All good hip hop is art based on life. If you're 50 and shit work hard on letting us know what that's like.
    Last edited by TSA; 11-01-2017 at 09:16 PM.