Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021

Thread: RZA Announces New Album Wu-Tang: The Saga Continues

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post

Dude did a PSA on why you shouldn't wear hoodies and spent 3 solid years in zorro mask.
    Ahahaha true. I remember an interview in 1998 for the release of bobby in stereo. He wore this goofy mask and he said he's a genius, he study chemistry with a microscope and he will discover some vaccines to help mankind. I was like "WTF is wrong with rza". I understood with time that rza gone megalomaniac after forever.

I think you missed my point. My point was that RZA has always done leftfield shit, hes not going to stop doing it now but you might stop liking the directions it takes him. I don't like a lot of it myself but every now and then I do.

Pharrell is not comparable, hes an R&B producer who used the same formula on every record for years, and very rarely did anything unconvential. Maybe NERD, but a lot of their output is hit and miss.

I understand that and frankly that's why I respect him, but there's nothing left field about trying very hard to be a Russell Crowes bitch wrangler in music and life. There's nothing left field about ABT or 8 diagrams. There's also nothing left field about this particular album.

I get the you guys like him but in liking him you're trying to say that there has been some type of creative par between Only Built for Cuban Linx and Digi Snacks. That he has evolved or is being more inventive or creative.

How is Pharrell an RNB producer? You can not like his work but he's actually left field and actually brings new ideas to the table. He scores actual movies and enters different genres effortlessly without insulting or abandoning hip hop as a whole. Every excuse RZA's fans have for his dillusions are actual factors in Pharrells life, more so than RZA. Still nobody is complaining about Pharrell making bad music.

His evolved Banks and Steel project was trash and the evolved audience he made it for also shit on it universally. RZA fell off and I'd at this point a liability. Dude said ABT is what people 'need' not what they 'want'. And who the fuck are you to tell pPl what they need? lol

Dude has lost it. He's thinks Paul Banks aND him are an interesting pair of musical equals, campaigns for Hilary, thinks Russell crowe is about to make him famous, and is all lives matter all while making soundtracks for this detachment

SHAOLIN STUDENT

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    I think you missed my point. My point was that RZA has always done leftfield shit, hes not going to stop doing it now but you might stop liking the directions it takes him. I don't like a lot of it myself but every now and then I do.

Pharrell is not comparable, hes an R&B producer who used the same formula on every record for years, and very rarely did anything unconvential. Maybe NERD, but a lot of their output is hit and miss.
    Rza is a music's adventurer ! He has always wanted to go further and create new shits. Rae said that Rza lost his ears... I don't think so, he wants something fresh. Nowadays, he wants to please his new friends from Hellywood and all this rotten world. He wants to be acknowledged as a great artist.

SHAOLIN STUDENT

There is no arguing about matters of taste ! According to me Pharrell sucks ! I don't like his shit at all. Hip hop is dead. Wu was my favourite hip hop band but they have fallen off. All this era sucks ! I am a man of the 20th century and I hate the noise they call music today.

Pharrell is an R&B producer based on the fact that he produces a lot more R&B than Rap. Even a lot of his rap beats are R&B sounding. Hes dope but the last 10 years he hasn't done much that I liked especially now Clipse is done. I liked more RZA shit in the last 10 years than Pharrell shit.

I think 8 Diagrams was real leftfield and underrated and ABT had some moments but thats another discussion. If you don't like anything he does now, it'll probably only get worse as he does more weird shit that nobody is asking for lol.

this is only tangentially related to the last few posts but the mixtape that had Pharrell rapping over wu beats on some of the tracks had some niiice moments

I think it was this one

http://www.datpiff.com/Pharrell-In-M...xtape.520.html
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 11-04-2017 at 01:47 PM.
    Retired.

Dude made a whole mixtape dedicated to their work and instead of collabing with him you're looking for...PAUL BANKS.. idk man

Clipse did some Wu stuff on We Got It 4 Cheap series too. I remember Rainy Dayz and Daytona 500.

We Got It 4 Cheap were some of the all time best mixtapes, especially the first 2 installments
    Retired.

Replayed this over the last week. Get rid of a few songs and the skits and its an enjoyable listen.

{>____<}

^At the end of the day, RZA hijacked Math's album. Lol.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    I understand that and frankly that's why I respect him, but there's nothing left field about trying very hard to be a Russell Crowes bitch wrangler in music and life. There's nothing left field about ABT or 8 diagrams. There's also nothing left field about this particular album.

I get the you guys like him but in liking him you're trying to say that there has been some type of creative par between Only Built for Cuban Linx and Digi Snacks. That he has evolved or is being more inventive or creative.
    Tried listening to Digi Snacks, did not find it an enjoyable listen. Boring and anything but creative or inventive. All the songs are straight forward as far as I can remember. Again, I can't remember much nor did it have me jumping out of my seat like DAYUM.

The other day, I was also listening to A Better Tomorrow. That album is not really remarkable either, save for a few musical details that had me listen to certain points again. Interesting to hear. Is it inventive or creative? Well not really since it is abides more by musical theory than RZA's earlier outings. And some of these details were already present in his beats from the 90's. Now he is just using instruments.

The most left field about 8 Diagrams is releasing a ODB dedication song without Ghostface, or removing the disco change up on Wolves.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997