Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Westsidedoom

Default Westsidedoom

@Westsidegunn Well since @hypebeastmusic let the secret out the bag I Can tell u it's official WESTSIDEDOOM is here prod by ALCHEMIST & DARINGER.
    this is one of the illest projects I've ever heard when u think ART, this is it the RAWEST, FLYEST, GRIMIEST shit you've ever heard IN YA LIFE wats dope than FLYGOD & DOOM 🤔 spread the gospel the day is soon cometh...

This shit going to be crazy...

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

My boy hmu a bit earlier telling me about it. Unusual combo. I was thinking doom would only produce though. Look forward to some new rap from the god
    We do it for the people.

Hopefully they drop this on wax

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

This calls for an all out celebration. EVERYBODY involved in this project is quality.

Bring on the Doomilation.
    Retired.

had the same reaction as food for thought in that this is a very odd combo, westside isn't known for being abstract and such like DOOM. but when i heard the news i still said hooo-llly-shiiit cause westside and conway are my most listened to artists right now and DOOM is my top 3 favorite artists of all time. And this first track is fucking great

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

"If I had a dime for every rhymer that bust guns, I'd have a cool mill for my sons in trust funds"

I'm not a huge fan of this westside guy, to be honest. I'm not into that whole supa gangsta hardest nigga on earth type lyrics he seems to spit on every bar ive heard so far. But I know hes very popular right now.
    We do it for the people.

the beats he uses definitely carry the majority of his work, and too much of his voice gets annoying af. feel the same about super gangster rappers. but ill be damned if i cant stop listening cause of the beats and his rhyme partner Conway is actually super nice lyrically that features on most of his work. (his track Mr. T has been on repeat for example)
    my boy said westside's voice reminds him of Damon Wayans playing the bum on In Living Color lol

I prefer Conway to Westside Gunn. I should dive deeper into the Griselda catalog. Good beats and solid rapping.
    Retired.

Shaolin Master

Not a huge fan of Conway or westside, but I dig a lot of their music because they and the rest of Griselda records simply make unadulterated hip hop. The beats are always dope, and grimey. I'll take their music over lame ass kendrick's pop music any day of the week. The god fahim has to be the most prolific rapper in the game right now. Dude has released 100 albums in the last year. Griselda records are one of the few labels still making what I consider hip hop in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by derek41 View Post
    Not a huge fan of Conway or westside, but I dig a lot of their music because they and the rest of Griselda records simply make unadulterated hip hop. The beats are always dope, and grimey. I'll take their music over lame ass kendrick's pop music any day of the week. The god fahim has to be the most prolific rapper in the game right now. Dude has released 100 albums in the last year. Griselda records are one of the few labels still making what I consider hip hop in my opinion.
    Love all of the GxFR catalogue. Been banging there shit out since the beginning, they make the type of Music I love. Grimey, Dusty, Cold, Timberland Boot Winter in NY music..

Deffo check out Benny and Fahim.. Mach-Hommy is a problem aswell.. Fire...

Ya'll got to remember Westside never intended on being a rapper. Before Conway was shot dude was their manager, he took the reigns to keep the momentum going and it's worked. Ofcourse he's not as good as Conway, Benny or Fahim.. Not the point though, Westside is way above average as a rapper. I enjoy his work. The whole camps sound is my shit.. Wish them dudes nothing but success.
    Last edited by Origin™; 09-09-2017 at 02:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Origin™ View Post
    Ya'll got to remember Westside never intended on being a rapper. Before Conway was shot dude was their manager, he took the reigns to keep the momentum going and it's worked.
    didn't know this is how it went down. thanks
    Retired.

Veteran Member

Westside had a different style before, which was more lyrical. He mentions this in an interview.

But yeah, this collabo should be very interesting.

I'm also really looking forward to Conway's GOAT album which should end up being AOTY contender.

Bruh!!

this could be more greatness from the Griselda camp

Shaolin Master

Griselda are really bringing the hip hop sound that I love to hear. Grimey as funk. Great production is what elevates them for me. Darringer, fahim, giallo point, camouflage monk all make that heat. All the rappers are decent, no one is mind blowing, Conway westside fahim are all dope. Mach hommy has a really off flow, I can't consign him or the other dude fahim fucks with, but the beats keep me interested.