Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Wild is exceptional

I think the beats are good, there's little to not like about the album except if your sick on raekwons rap style. That's understandable.

Been on a Rae-naissance these last few days and playing his albums and tapes.

Even though I must have liked this album initially (see my post on page one) I haven't played it often afterwards. When I listened to it today it sounded completely new to me lol. I only remembered 'This is what it comes too'. (Too bad the RMX wasn't on the album.) 'The Wild' holds up pretty well in 2023 imo, it's a cohesive listen. While not all the beats are A+ they don't sound dated after six years (a risk with contemporary production) which is a plus. 'Marvin' is my fav joint. Can't believe I forgot about that track smh. Only track which sounds generic to me is 'You hear me'.

My next listen will be 'F.I.LA.' I only remember I *really* hated that album.
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 04-24-2023 at 01:44 PM.
    Retired.

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Jones View Post

Even though I must have liked this album initially (see my post on page one) I haven't played it often afterwards. When I listened to it today it sounded completely new to me lol. I only remembered 'This is what it comes too'. (Too bad the RMX wasn't on the album.) 'The Wild' holds up pretty well in 2023 imo, it's a cohesive listen. While not all the beats are A+ they don't sound dated after six years (a risk with contemporary production) which is a plus. 'Marvin' is my fav joint. Can't believe I forgot about that track smh. Only track which sounds generic to me is 'You hear me'.

If you got rae fever like i had a few months ago, i was gon make a thread on this but maybe later

raes 2001-2004 Lex Diamond Story/Ice Water Inc Collection

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...U9FcOkOpdlM7z3

and heres it cut down into what i think are the best songs for a potential high mic lex diamond story

“5” Mic - The Lex Diamond Story
    https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...SxrUpOgr-97Zbt

completely night and day in quality.

its damn near amazing how rae somehow left so much great stuff on other peoples albums, mixtapes, osts.

both lex diamond and immobilarity coulda been classic albums if he just lept more shit in house. I been bumping thay lex diamond 5 mic version (link 2, link 1 is all the solo tracks 01-04 on yt) for a minute now. And i absolutely hated it orogibally.

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Jones View Post

same here, i feel like rae's work on OB4CL2. Shaolin vs Wu-Tang and The Wild were all pretty good whereas FILA was hit or miss depending who you ask.

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    If you got rae fever like i had a few months ago, i was gon make a thread on this but maybe later

raes 2001-2004 Lex Diamond Story/Ice Water Inc Collection

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...U9FcOkOpdlM7z3

and heres it cut down into what i think are the best songs for a potential high mic lex diamond story

“5” Mic - The Lex Diamond Story
    https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...SxrUpOgr-97Zbt

completely night and day in quality.

its damn near amazing how rae somehow left so much great stuff on other peoples albums, mixtapes, osts.

both lex diamond and immobilarity coulda been classic albums if he just lept more shit in house. I been bumping thay lex diamond 5 mic version (link 2, link 1 is all the solo tracks 01-04 on yt) for a minute now. And i absolutely hated it orogibally.
    why not someone make this downloadable instead just a playlist im sure one yall got like most of these songs somewhere

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS View Post
    why not someone make this downloadable instead just a playlist im sure one yall got like most of these songs somewhere
    i was gonna do that when i make the thread. When im not at my pc i use that link.

and yea i got them all. This more like a test to see who wants it.

i assume you do?

its crazy cause both immobilarity and LDS have 2cds worth of material, and thats after taking a mighty chunk of the trash off them first.

rae was on a mission

I'd love to have them as DL'able songs too since I'm operating on a tight wifi payment plan that limits my streaming possibilities on YT. thank you very much in advance
    Retired.