Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Masta Killa - Loyalty is Royalty Cover + Tracklist

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by cbfwebs View Post
    Unfortunately I'm only just now receiving my pre-ordered copy today. I had to message Nature Sounds and ask what was up with the delay. Apparently to those that ordered the Deluxe Bundle (nobody) there was an issue with the manufacturing of the exclusive T-shirts and they were behind schedule by at least a week, maybe 2. They did offer the Digital Download on release day, but since it was 256kbps and not 320kbps like listeners want, I passed on that. Seems like no artist website is offering 320kbps for their digital copies, which is a shameful setback for record labels trying to stop torrenting. I figure I can just rip my physical CD in 320k with WinAmp, edit the metadata with MP3Tag, and load it on my oldschool SanDisk MP3 Player (yes I still have one of those - my phone isn't my 'everything' I like to keep my battery alive memory cleared up and music on its' own device - fuck an iPod cuz fuck iTunes forced file conversions).

Now as I'm sitting waiting for the package to arrive, the Tracking goes 'out-of-service-at-this-time' on USPS. And to think, I paid an extra $17 for shipping. Smh.

Just a forewarning to any who might be wondering where is their Deluxe package.
    Got my deluxe in the mall today (except vinyl of course).

meet me in the lobby TommySuits's Avatar

Killa came thru on the humble and released a dope record. Its too bad it was overlooked by many bc it dropped right before Saga.
    His 2nd best album IMO and didn’t nobody outshine Jamel on this, especially not Crooked.
    Everyone seems to agree on Calculated being one of the weakest tracks but once you get past the first two dudes Killa comes in and drops this unbelievably raw Brooklyn stick up jux verse. It’s been a while since he got in that zone and it completely made that track do a 180 for me. Calculated’ is my favorite verse from him in the album.
    I liked the original cut of the Loyalty track better minus whoever was featured on it. Not a fan of the hook change and a few samples being removed.
    Return of the Masta Killa is a really good track as well as beat. Cappa needs to stop bullshitting and start dropping verses that live up to the hype and credit that the other members have been throwing him lately. I hope he knows that his name being attached to the project doesn’t increase a single thing for the album in a positive way. His name hasn’t earned him the right to spit bullshit that will get love regardless.
    All these random Rza tracks that pop up on recent albums where he raps and/or speaks a bunch on nonsense are worthless.
    The track with Red & Meth and Gza & Deck are bangers.
    Cant believe he linked Sean P & Prodigy just before their passing.
    The Down with Me beat is OK but the flowing makes up for it and takes the attention away. The same thing goes for the other tracks with okay production.
    I really liked hearing him work with Prodigy. They both ripped the track.
    “MK the MVP will pass you off, to the reaper, for making them bullshit songs”
    RIP Prodigy

This was a very good album. I only wish the entire thing was premiered to me at once. The early leaked tracks always hurt it overall but I try to ignore that when I rate the entire album.
    Last edited by TommySuits; 02-17-2018 at 02:59 AM.