Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Masta Killa - Loyalty is Royalty Cover + Tracklist

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Towers View Post
    thanks, glad I could pre-order. Cool that they have cassettes too btw
    Yeah, let me get my WALKMAN

Whoa, dudes, I'm not talking about him going it alone. There's a big difference between having a few guests and having guests (often multiple) on pretty much every track, like he did here.

MK's the man so I'm excited for this one. If there's a lot of features and the album is about loyalty, maybe it's a theme-based decision?

^That's why in my initial post I asked if it's supposed to be a normal solo album. I thought with the name maybe it was supposed to be like an MK and his homies album. The tracklist certainly makes it appear that way.

Veteran Member

I was a little conflicted after I saw the track list. I think it's odd that he has both Sean P and Prodigy on this. My first thought was that he bought verses and threw them on there to cash in on 2 legends that recently passed. I'm hoping that is not the case and he actually had sessions or at least coordinated with them previously...but for some reason I doubt that is the case...

Peace CT

The Sean Price and Prodigy tracks were recorded prior to their deaths. There was an interview on this site awhile back where MK mentioned he had them on the album. MK said u have heard those 2 with the other Clan members but never with him. Peace

Produced by: 9th Wonder, Illmind, RZA, True Master, PF Cuttin, Dame Grease...

This looks good.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by josborne3680 View Post
    The Sean Price and Prodigy tracks were recorded prior to their deaths. There was an interview on this site awhile back where MK mentioned he had them on the album. MK said u have heard those 2 with the other Clan members but never with him. Peace
    Thanks, that was the first I've heard that. I'm looking forward to this one...apologies to mk for getting it twisted.

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    ^That's why in my initial post I asked if it's supposed to be a normal solo album. I thought with the name maybe it was supposed to be like an MK and his homies album. The tracklist certainly makes it appear that way.
    But u also basically said if it were wu guests it wouldn't be a problem. I'm just curious as to why there's a difference. No disrespect

I think MK would be a great fit for a one off 2 men team up album. you know, like skyzoo & torae did a few years back

it could be with someone from outside of the wu camp, like an underground east coast artist
    Retired.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Towers View Post
    I respect Masta Killa and he's got loads of classic verses but a solo album without features would put too much emphasis on his sometimes understated/monotonous delivery for me. No disrespect to MK implied.
    Understood. Now, if the production and lyrics are on par, then it'll be a success. We'll see.
    Last edited by IrOnMaN; 09-13-2017 at 10:45 PM.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

So the release date is the last day of this month or?
    Last edited by Pestilence; 09-14-2017 at 02:31 AM.

29th.

He guest starred on an album with HALo
    Snypa LG

Masta Killa has been done with this album for a few years now, going back as far as 2014/5. He said it was purposely done as a feature-heavy project, going back to basics with production and Wu members, and that he was waiting for the right time to release it when he felt it was needed and the timing was right. Which is pretty much now because this year and last we barely got any Wu solo joints. He's been talking about it since 2010. Looks like I was correct. Just because the Wu members don't put out a project in the year or two after they announce it does not mean it won't come out, quite the opposite, this is the Wu's status quo.