Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Did Skreli buy a FAKE wu album? CHICAGO TRIBUNE

@ Forensikz : the origin of the OUATIS album was an attempt at a Killah Priest album with Cilvaringz beats IIRC. time lines and other stuff didn't match up

I could use yallz help on something related to this btw. I remember reading this anecdote on the forum ages ago on Killah Priest coming to a studio from pretty far away to record a verse / verses for an outside project and he'd have to stay a night (or a few) at some hotel. there was some dispute about KP having brought his ladyfriend along (which meant a steeper hotel bill) and how it would up the costs and that this was not according to agreed upon budget regulations

the thing is that this is so far back I can't remember whether this was an issue between KP and Cilvaringz over recording verses for Cilvaringz' project or between KP and M-80 recording verses for an M-80 compilation / Almighty
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 09-22-2017 at 04:39 PM.
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    Anyone with an iq over 25 could have told you that a wu album in 2017 with shabaZz verses wasnt gon make the labels go crazy and give ringz money.
    the issue was more with the finished album being leaked or (more likely) pirated once it dropped. so not so much a problem of a label not wanting to front cash. I see what you mean in that a Wu-Tang labeled album would get you a bigger budget, promo and overall signing deal with a label, but - at least here on the corp - this was never the way the problem was presented. more of a likely piracy issue

and also a 'flavor of the month' issue. just look at wucorp now. it's not very different from say 4 years ago. say a killa bee album drops. used to be you got like maybe 3 pages of discussion. now even less. it's the same in the outside world with audience reception of the wu. people move on quickly after a new release. so after putting in all of these years of work I would say it'd be disheartening to have your album released, shortly discussed and forgotten about. well at least you can't say that about OUATIS lol

Quote Originally Posted by Forensikz
    Reaching like dhalsim
    Wu-Tang is for the dwarves
    Retired.

Shaolin Student

Let me preface this by saying that I have yet to read the book. That being said, my only real issue with the way that this album was presented was with the backstory that appears to have been added after the fact regarding the inspiration for the album and the genesis of its creation. IMO better to just stick to the truth, and let the situation play out from there. It appears to have been disingenuously marketed. But I'd still really like to hear the album, because I suspect that it's really well executed.

i think we can all agree , the way this album was released was to boycott all the sample clearences as we all know cilvaringz beats are all sample heavy... if no one can hear it they dont have to be cleared.... but in the normal world in no way in hell would the beats from this album be cleared without a lot of payments being made.... so as far as i can see... cilvarings will do as much as possible for the fans to not hear this as he knows as soon as its public hes gonna have lawsuits from all angles with all thes uncleared samples.... if i am wrong then prove me wrong ??

Shaolin Student

If this was a scheme to get around sample clearances, and its works, then bravo Ringz! Still no need for any embellishments. This whole project was quite an undertaking and can stand on its own.

guys this really isnt the interesting part!!! the info we got now is that the book's tale of how the album came about is true. what probably is ALSO true according to our source is that cilva was seeing it turn into a wutang album much earlier than he wanted to publically acknowledge because he still lots of recordings to do. That could be seen as shiesty move on cilva's part!!! but it could also explain why some dudes felt they didnt know it was for OATIS in the beginning and the others recording towards the end knew. the twist again there is the source confirmed that the clan was all consulted and dicsussed the 1 copy thing and it having became a clan album before any announcement and all agreed to it. Cilva is said to be sitting on rrecorded phone calls with all of them but refuses to release them until necessary. i.e lawsuit maybe??? Cilva?? True?? If true you better say it because thats actualy in YOUR benefit!! Im keeping the story bout rzas involvement to myself for now but soon yalll will hear bout it. but the real interesting question is this >>>> What is this cold war that is being over about between the wu and rza through cilva??? because for 2 years everybody was on board with this album hence no lawsuits.And im gonna roll out the carpet of truth on that soon as i get full info !!!! im telling yall I will dig this up!! But if any of yall got any info that could be interesting please share, we have to make sense of it all because everytbody else is just way too vague,,, cilva included!

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fucknuts View Post
    guys this really isnt the interesting part!!! the info we got now is that the book's tale of how the album came about is true. what probably is ALSO true according to our source is that cilva was seeing it turn into a wutang album much earlier than he wanted to publically acknowledge because he still lots of recordings to do. That could be seen as shiesty move on cilva's part!!! but it could also explain why some dudes felt they didnt know it was for OATIS in the beginning and the others recording towards the end knew. the twist again there is the source confirmed that the clan was all consulted and dicsussed the 1 copy thing and it having became a clan album before any announcement and all agreed to it. Cilva is said to be sitting on rrecorded phone calls with all of them but refuses to release them until necessary. i.e lawsuit maybe??? Cilva?? True?? If true you better say it because thats actualy in YOUR benefit!! Im keeping the story bout rzas involvement to myself for now but soon yalll will hear bout it. but the real interesting question is this >>>> What is this cold war that is being over about between the wu and rza through cilva??? because for 2 years everybody was on board with this album hence no lawsuits.And im gonna roll out the carpet of truth on that soon as i get full info !!!! im telling yall I will dig this up!! But if any of yall got any info that could be interesting please share, we have to make sense of it all because everytbody else is just way too vague,,, cilva included!
    And your source of "truth" is a Reddit poster that suddenly disappeared and then reappeared to tell you everything huh? You a Bloomberg journalist huh? lol, smh (whats the world coming to...)

Quote Originally Posted by habitual_line_steppr View Post
    i think we can all agree , the way this album was released was to boycott all the sample clearences as we all know cilvaringz beats are all sample heavy... if no one can hear it they dont have to be cleared.... but in the normal world in no way in hell would the beats from this album be cleared without a lot of payments being made.... so as far as i can see... cilvarings will do as much as possible for the fans to not hear this as he knows as soon as its public hes gonna have lawsuits from all angles with all thes uncleared samples.... if i am wrong then prove me wrong ??
    This has been brought up multiple times and I have answered this multiple times. The answer is no. The reason is as we have said all along. To do something that would inspire debate about the value and future of music... it's as simple as that. No more, no less. You do know that in America you can get sued for any goddamn thing, at any time. It costs 10 bucks to file a suit. People could claim to have produced something, written something, are emotionally hurt because the album never came out, bla bla bla etc etc... Im pretty sure thats going to happen at some point. This story is far from over.

I now imagine Cilvaringz sitting on phone calls like this one

*Killa Sin : I wanted to stay out of jail but I lost my temper.

*Cilvaringz : You gotta stay closer to me so you don't fuck up. Be like Yayo erm I mean RZA, he's the safest one. He's been the closest.

*Killa Sin : +++ cries +++ Cilva you gotta understand I gotta get away from Sinfully Cute so jail keeps on calling me

*Cilvaringz : Don't worry about it. This is an easy fix for me. You just gotta stay closer.

---------------------------------------------------------

*Shyheim : +++ pants +++ I swear I didn't wanna run from the car.

*Cilvaringz : Dude you still owe me verses. Don't turn yourself in yet.

*Shyheim : +++ cries +++

*sirens in the background

*tags "thisiswucorp.com"*

*Cilvaringz : Hold on, I got some pharmacist on the other line. Stay where you are.
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 09-22-2017 at 05:54 PM.
    Retired.

Google News "Wu-Tang Clan" right now... check all the newsbits that come up and what their headlines are. Wu-Tang Clan diss Martin Shkreli in new song. Rollingstone even says Mathematics dissed Martin Shkreli. They hear Deck use the name in a methaphoric fashion, not even dissing and suddenly its Wu-Tang Clan dissing Martin. The press is crazy.

ps. That was hilarious by the way Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    People could claim to have produced something, written something, are emotionally hurt because the album never came out, bla bla bla etc etc... Im pretty sure thats going to happen at some point. This story is far from over.
    Just to make you aware, I have contacted my lawyer..I paid $12.36 to secure my lawsuit paperwork in order to sue you for emotional and psychological damage regarding your "It's Coming.." thread and rapping/hip hoppity album entitled "OUATIS" also known as "Open Ur Anus To Insert Silverrings". I believe this is the original title for the album because you have emotionally raped your faithful wu tang clan website fans...and we're all sad. So lawsuit fo yo ass BONG. I have joined forces with killa sin, shyheim, m80, and other butthurt wutangcorp fansite internet gangsters..we all want a piece of that $2 milli.

Best Regards
    Your #1 Fan
    Remedy

Damn, i knew this shit was coming. Aight... serve me young blood

Damn, i knew this shit was coming. Aight... serve me young blood
    Respect...

Ayo I don't understand why people on this board give this guy a hard time. I don't know of any other artist that is on message boards replying to fans, answering questions, joking around, etc. Even when y'all fuck wit him and give him shit he still sticks around and even fuckin replies to ya bullshit.

For the people being downright disrespectful ask yourselves, would any of you be treating or talking to RZA the same way if he was here? Seems to me he's just as involved as Ringz in this situation. Don't get it twisted, I wanna hear the album as much as the next man but why should you be allowed to listen to it if you're just gonna shit on the creator?? Also, how can u knock another man's hustle? If it doesn't affect you, why give a fuck?? If the CEO of a real estate company that was building top of the line houses and advertising them to the public for $100k each. Then this CEO found out that he could sell the same houses for $150k each to assisted living (old folks home) and decides to go that route. Would you be annoyed? Yea probably, possibly be a little pissed off even. But would you hound that CEO about it or would you just move on and find another home? This is the same situation. In all seriousness, could one of you angry posters please explain to me why all the hatred and animosity?

Quote Originally Posted by trinking View Post
    Respect...

Ayo I don't understand why people on this board give this guy a hard time. I don't know of any other artist that is on message boards replying to fans, answering questions, joking around, etc. Even when y'all fuck wit him and give him shit he still sticks around and even fuckin replies to ya bullshit.

For the people being downright disrespectful ask yourselves, would any of you be treating or talking to RZA the same way if he was here? Seems to me he's just as involved as Ringz in this situation. Don't get it twisted, I wanna hear the album as much as the next man but why should you be allowed to listen to it if you're just gonna shit on the creator?? Also, how can u knock another man's hustle? If it doesn't affect you, why give a fuck?? If the CEO of a real estate company that was building top of the line houses and advertising them to the public for $100k each. Then this CEO found out that he could sell the same houses for $150k each to assisted living (old folks home) and decides to go that route. Would you be annoyed? Yea probably, possibly be a little pissed off even. But would you hound that CEO about it or would you just move on and find another home? This is the same situation. In all seriousness, could one of you angry posters please explain to me why all the hatred and animosity?
    Respect... with some spec on it

Respect... with some spec on it
    Put it on his name...

ayo clear ya PM's
    Last edited by trinking; 09-23-2017 at 01:10 AM.