Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: Did Skreli buy a FAKE wu album? CHICAGO TRIBUNE

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    Yeah because like the great Fucknuts says, this is all one big human experiment I'm pulling! Yall should listen to the dude. Is that vague and evasive enough? Fucking loving all the theories though.
    Lol it's not a theory when your own words were here for years describing the album process and the ambition. You can lie to people who weren't here during that time but you can't lie to yourself.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

So cilva what did you and m80 discuss? Well what could you share with us. Also, whats the likely hood of you or RZA purchasing the album back and doin what he said about trying to reach a sales goal before releasing links to buyers? Or even RZA buying the album, renaming it, releasing it on the 25th anniversary and letting OATIS drift into the same dimension as The Cure..

There's so many different ways this whole situation can go and that's why it's interesting to so many people. The fact that it's a "wu tang album" is a bonus for us fans. It's a one of a kind MUSIC album that could literally change the way people buy and sell music. Pay attention, put ya shoes on
    Last edited by trinking; 09-28-2017 at 09:07 PM.

PRODIGAL SUN

Props to The Hound, sick em brother. Fucking euro fags and they lies

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    Props to The Hound, sick em brother. Fucking euro fags and they lies
    you as much as anyone should remember the eurofags at the old Wu-Tang World site of kennyrza's that i helped make defunct because they didnt like a few american fans showing up there and being realistic about Wu-Tang as opposed to constant dick riding...

Quote Originally Posted by Buddah_MAC View Post
    My knowledge isn't really any different than anyone else who was on the site at the time, b/c Cilva was pretty open & inclusive about letting people into the process as he was building the album and figuring out what it was up until he got into the selling of the album.

Unfortunately, as I said before, his being so inclusive in that process is part of what increased the backlash as they felt part of something they now weren't going to get to hear/have. That's not a rational reaction, b/c it's his album to do with as he sees, and it's not one I share, but I can understand how people would feel let down by a "for the fans" album they were in for the making of and now won't get. You add in these are some people who are still checking every new Cappa album & Islord track desperate for something decent, and I think a chunk of the flack he's gotten is misdirected lashing out from people who've suffered through a lot of sup-par & just bad Wu releases the last few years and this potentially good one they saw pieced together exists but is denied them.

I think it was deleted but I believe what I said at the time was I understand his needing to recoup & profit on his investment in making the album & why therefore it had to be named as a "Wu" album & not a "Cilva presents..." album, but some fans aren't going to understand it.

I guessed/forewarned that there might be some issues with some Clan/Fam members in recording verses for a project that ends up marketed as a "Wu-Tang Clan" album, especially with them possibly wanting more money on the back end.

I thought pharma-bro buying it was a bad look for both the brand & the "reclaiming music as art" concept. I've lessened on that slightly as it's made Martin more the villain and Wu/this album a bit more mythic in the long run, but still think it was a bad look overall. Then again, who with that bank wouldn't be some kind of asshole?

And I thought the single album concept was going to be a new model for an investor to pay for the single album and then it was their onus to further try and capitalize on it & it'd flip the industry model on its head (instead of up front advance to artist w/ recouping the production cost & very little on the back end for artists, the artist presents a completed work that the industry has to pay a great amount for and then that industry has to figure out how to profit on it themselves). So the 88 years/not capitalizing was a let down as I was thinking the album could be used as a new way for artists to profit in the dying music industry, while Cilva was looking more for a re conception of music as art itself.

Again, anyone who was here at the time knows the situation & it just comes down to how you feel about how it went down. Cilva gets overly vilified on here b/c they take something they were let into the inside process of during its early stages turning into something they were denied having as a betrayal. I think it's unfortunate that well-meant inclusion led to people getting pissed when they were excluded, but I understand why they might feel that way too. Cilva ended up making the best moves he saw to sell his album and in most respects he succeeded. That's probably not going to make a difference to the people who feel put out, but that's the impasse this board is at.

Also, disagree w/ the "web of lies" as I think the only misdirection in this whole thing was in the marketing. We were in on the process when he transitioned this from what it was to what it became, which is just a concept becoming something solid & different than what it began as.

And agreed people are too ready to jump all over any & everything Wu here & overrate things, but it's a Wu board, so that's going to happen.
    thanks for chiming in Buddah MAC. atleast i know your words can be trusted for the most part, you've been around the wu-internet a long time and have always been on point. and i can value your opinions, views, and info...i wasnt around for that thread, but i still believe cilvaringz is a snake and perpetual liar. sure, he can do what he wants with his work, and morph and evolve it as he goes along, i wont dispute that. but there still seems something fishy about this whole thing...

nada ignorante

Quote Originally Posted by Brolic Child View Post
    you as much as anyone should remember the eurofags at the old Wu-Tang World site of kennyrza's that i helped make defunct because they didnt like a few american fans showing up there and being realistic about Wu-Tang as opposed to constant dick riding...
    suck this drunk alcohol dick
    Last edited by hotnikks; 09-29-2017 at 11:30 AM.
    N.I.

Quote Originally Posted by Brolic Child View Post
    have you ever heard of the healing power of laughter?

Retired.