Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Did Skreli buy a FAKE wu album? CHICAGO TRIBUNE

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Antonelli View Post
    Or maybe because you sneakily collected beats from him and then sold a wu-tang album for 2 000 000$ ?
    No. Check the interview again. He says he was down with the idea at first, but when we started doing crazy shit like 88 year non commercialization clauses thats when he got pissed off. Don't confuse his words with the words of the manager. Managers tend to get pissed off about whole other things. Where's the print screens?
    Last edited by Cilvaringz; 09-25-2017 at 11:09 AM.

Veteran Member

Yes but he also said : "i can't stand that guy by the way". And he did't said that for the clause. But well, you can pretend he hates you just for this.

why do you want printscreens ? Are you trying to tell us that you didn't write those posts !?

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    I could work with whomever I wanted to, but Wu-Tang Productions at that time would have first right of refusal on anything I made.. so if I made a beat, or a song I wanted to sell to someone as a songwriter, Wu-Tang would have first rights to it. I couldn't brand myself anything else other than an artist under the brand. I highly doubt they would've sued me for repping Moonlight, but yeah, I couldn't just scream Roc A Fella fo life!

Wu-Elements were the original 4 plus Goldfinghaz.. It was a production extention of Wu-Tang Productions. So the originals were RZA, 4th Disciple, True Master and Allah Mathematics. Goldfinghaz joined during the Pillage time. I never signed a production deal under the Wu-Elements. Neither did Bronze. Bronze to my knowledge never signed a Wu-Tang contract in any shape for or fashion. Similar to Moongod... it was more a co-sign from RZA because of their affiliation with me and hanging around with me and RZA that others were like "ok, it's the same circle so cool"... It's usually die hard fans that apply a certain self made/self taught constitution to what qualifies to them as official and what doesn't.

Bronze came in through me. I took him with me to Steubenville and to NY while recording "I" at D&D studios. RZA met him then, but it wasn't until later I set up a meeting for Bronze with RZA at 36 Chambers studio that things took off for him.
    thanks for explaining!

clearly I did not understand before what 'first right of refusal' meant

good info there on Goldfinghaz and Bronze too.
    Retired.

Yes but he also said : "i can't stand that guy by the way". And he did't said that for the clause. But well, you can pretend he hates you just for this.

why do you want printscreens ? Are you trying to tell us that you didn't write those posts !?
    We had a disagreement well prior to any of this so I know why he couldn't stand me for a while. This just fueled a public display of it. And since you're trying to do journalistic work, do it properly.

Veteran Member

Are you trying to tell us that you didn't write those posts !?

nada ignorante

Lol
    N.I.

Banned

Lol Ringz having to deny he said all that shit, precisely why he deleted the it's coming thread because that whole thread that was years old would destroy this whole fan fiction backstory to the album.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumorsofwar.tk View Post
    You're an idiot.

It's a business and the Wu-Tang brand died about 20 years ago.
    That's a Cilvaringz quote you dumb Euro fag
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

nada ignorante

Dont need to read that book. Most of us been here before Its coming thread bullshit we know the truth.
    Last edited by hotnikks; 09-25-2017 at 04:42 PM.

^yeah while i dont usually like to assume, i think its safe to say the book wouldnt cover a couple years of posts regarding the album that were deleted by him. otherwise he wouldn't have deleted them.

i get that album plans can change and all that other happy go lucky shit, but going from saying fans can dictate what is best for the brand to saying fuck the fans in the most shameless, self absorbed ways is hilaaaaaaaarious to me lol

PRODIGAL SUN

Do you remember the "it's coming" thread that disappeared ?

Here are some interesting posts :

Cilvaringz 10/21/2013 :

"I know it's confusing so let me say it like this. Originally, the album was going to be a Heavy Mentwo for Killer Priest if you can recall me talking about wanting to do that for the longest. That didn't work out but I kept producing and got into a zone where the beats were really starting to sound proper.

So then the investor pops up, I get a bunch of money and freedom to make my dream Wu album which wasn't necessarily a Clan album at that point, nor a Killa Beez compilation. It was more of a combination of both, well the idea was. I just let the beats dictate who I should get on there. That's how those line ups formed.

So as we were working and recording, the album started to look like it could be a Clan album. Not a Clan album the general public is used of hearing, but more of a Clan album that the fans would love to hear, one where the Clan interacts with the elite killer beez over vintage sounding Clan beats. And so that's what it became.

When it became clear that The Clan was having issues in trying to come to terms for a 20th anniversary album, the prospect of my album becoming the Clan's album became even stronger.

But RZA was never told about the recording of this album. I had some verses from him that he gave me on some of the beats maybe a month before I actually started working on this. So concepts for songs with RZA were built around what RZA did, not around what I wanted to do or others. That way we kept each song in check.

I didnt talk to RZA about this on purpose because first of all I hate talking bout what I want to do. I rather say shit when it's already done. Also, I always like presenting projects completely done. Partly because I don't want third parties' interference on the direction of the album, so when an album's done and mastered there's not much they can do about it. And secondly, if RZA or whomever did like it, we could immediately go into releasing it and not be held back by "oh we still gotta mix this, or get a photoshoot and bla bla".

That's how I work.

So regarding RZA, I didn't really want him to know about it at all, not until I was completely finished. But because they had that disagreement on the tourbus a few weeks back, Raekwon told him about it. Rae is the only one who knows the most about this album.

The rest recorded verses on beats obviously sticking to the concepts I told them, but not knowing what the outcome of each song would be. For example, Deck wouldn't know U-God was on the same track as well as Killa, Meth, Red. Nobody knows about this superstar on the track neither, only Redman and Raekwon.

But I always knew the structure of each song, way before we even recorded it. You must have a final vision of a song before you start on it so you know what you're working towards.

So out of loyalty to RZA, considering the minimal chances of the Clan themselves coming to terms for a 20th ann LP, I feel obliged to offer RZA a first option on the album. But RZA could easily not like the album calling it dated, or say too many samples we gotta digitize (which is a no-no), he could want 50% or more (also a no-no). There's all kinds of possibilities that could happen. I usually do follow his lead and when I don't agree I still force myself to agree with him cause in the end this is his brand. But not for this album. For this one I'm striving for a 100% of my demands. And for the sake of us, the fans and for the sake of my efforts and for the sake of this brand itself, I have to a point in life where I feel that we as fans can now dictate what is best for this brand, better than the brand holders themselves. As selfish and arrogant as that might seem, I really believe that the fans have a better idea/vision for the prospect of the W, than the Clan themselves. It's because we know what we want to hear.

So this meeting with RZA can go well, or it can go sour. If it goes sour it means I will be restricted, mostly legally. I therefore had to build a plan around this possibility in order to safe guard this album's prospects and maximum potential for if I had to release it myself. That plan became a good idea and at the same time, provided somewhat of a revolutionary aspect to it that could give my name some leverage in the history of music. Could also horribly fail.

So lets see how it plays out."

Another one :

"It's not as simple as you think. I'm sitting on what could very well be a Wu-Tang Clan album, a Cilvaringz presents album or a Wu-Tang Killa Beez album. At the same time there's a business friction within the group stopping it from recording their own actual 20th anniversary album. Verses have been recorded for RZA's version of the album but not in a cohesive way we'd all like it to be done.

Now, we all agree, including myself that releasing it under Cilvaringz would seriously undermine the potential of this album. That's something everybody knows and should remain the very final resort. At the same time you got RZA who will probably not want to release it in its original form because of taste difference or sample clearances or whatever reason. Then there's the chance that if RZA does take it, you'll get the backlash from the Clan re: payment/backends as Buddah_Mac described. Furthermore, if RZA takes it Divine will have to be involved and I'm not doing business with Vine for my own personal reasons. Power is also an executive on Clan albums and me and him don't really talk like that.

On the other side there's the investor who has a figure in mind that he wants as an advance if this album is licensed, to which ever party. And that's fair enough considering it took us well over half a mil to do this.

So I had to come up with an idea that would allow me to release this album at its full maximum potential if I were not to succeed in doing it with RZA for the price we want.

That idea is extremely complex, is structured in 9 steps/phases and at the same time very revolutionary. I have no idea how the world is going to react to it. It would allow me to make more of a mark for myself in the music industry, not just because of the musical content on the album but mainly because what I will do with album hasn't been done since the renaissance days in the 17th century.

So there's a big bowl of ideas and ways to go with this. At the moment, I'm concentrating on art work and mastering. Mixing is now 100% done. Yes it took 5 months almost. It's an intense album, many layers per song, some over 80 tracks.

Questions remain at this moment...

Will RZA like the record and take it as a Clan album?
    Or will he demand a high cut or stop me from releasing if I dont agree with him?
    Will Divine and Power make demands as well?
    Will the rest of the Clan stop me from giving it to RZA?
    Or will I say fuck it all, sue me and carry out my marketing plan, likely risking being kicked out the Wu?

It's all still up in the air. That's why I'm not even thinking about dates. I do know however that all will start in this upcoming month."

props ant

so you spent over half a million on an album you thought might be a cilvaringz presents album? this is why i never believed for a second this was anything other than you wanting to make your own wu album because that was the ONLY way you were gonna recoup ANYTHING. telling me anything else just reeks of lying.

decided not to tell rza cause you didnt want any interference from the man who created the brand? right out your own mouth. wow.

"he could want 50%, a NO NO"...

cilvaringz:
    yo rza i made this new wutang album bro, you give me your legendary brand that NOONE has ever had control of but you, and in return ill give you the cut i think you deserve for the album you didnt even know about.

why you say? because I as a super fan know what is best for the brand more than you guys do and i feel i should be able to dictate that ok ra? cool. you take a step back, the dutch Moroccan swordswinger got this. your trying to make your 20th anniversary album but ya beats aint hitting like that no more rza, the wu needs me and these bangers i have to pay top dollar to get them to rap on. forget your 20th anniversary in the game, let me take control this time and give the fans...err martin skreli what he really want

oh and btw tell ya brother divine that he may be wutang too, as well as power, but i dont wanna do business with them. Even though legally for a wutang album I guess they are always involved and legally would have to be... but since they 5% and dont like slimey devilish culture vulture euro CACs bastardizing the brand they put their lives into, ill pass on them and just deal with you.

im the abbot now god. BONG!

this guy is too much man. i love it
    Last edited by ForensikZ; 09-25-2017 at 03:35 PM.

Vizual Artist ShaolinArtStudent's Avatar

Well this escalated. This is pretty entertaining.
    "En garde...I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style!"

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    props ant

so you spent over half a million on an album you thought might be a cilvaringz presents album? this is why i never believed for a second this was anything other than you wanting to make your own wu album because that was the ONLY way you were gonna recoup ANYTHING. telling me anything else just reeks of lying.

decided not to tell rza cause you didnt want any interference from the man who created the brand? right out your own mouth. wow.

"he could want 50%, a NO NO"...

cilvaringz:
    yo rza i made this new wutang album bro, you give me your legendary brand that NOONE has ever had control of but you, and in return ill give you the cut i think you deserve for the album you didnt even know about.

why you say? because I as a super fan know what is best for the brand more than you guys do and i feel i should be able to dictate that ok ra? cool. you take a step back, the dutch Moroccan swordswinger got this. your trying to make your 20th anniversary album but ya beats aint hitting like that no more rza, the wu needs me and these bangers i have to pay top dollar to get them to rap on. forget your 20th anniversary in the game, let me take control this time and give the fans...err martin skreli what he really want

oh and btw tell ya brother divine that he may be wutang too, as well as power, but i dont wanna do business with them. Even though legally for a wutang album I guess they are always involved and legally would have to be... but since they 5% and dont like slimey devilish culture vulture euro CACs bastardizing the brand they put their lives into, ill pass on them and just deal with you.

im the abbot now god. BONG!

this guy is too much man. i love it
    Im the abbot now god bong! LMAO

laugh all you want but i actually got the truth about dis thing from cilva's own innercircle man!!! calling my theory absurd HA!!

Shaolin Student

Ringz, were the liners included with the auction? And if so, were there 4 different sets, one with each cover, or just a single version with 1 cover? And if they weren’t included, any plans to release them?

Quote Originally Posted by Fucknuts View Post
    laugh all you want but i actually got the truth about dis thing from cilva's own innercircle man!!! calling my theory absurd HA!!
    Innercircle deez nuts. I know whom you're talking to. You're an idiot.