Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Did Skreli buy a FAKE wu album? CHICAGO TRIBUNE

After reading the book it was actually my understanding that it's a Cher featuring Wu-Tang album.

Quote Originally Posted by Origin™ View Post
    outside of this forum nobody even knows who he is.
    Who? Cilvaringz?

Peace CT

Maybe someone with more knowledge of the business can clear this part with me. Shyheim said he would like a cut of the 2 million bucks, perhaps he said it in a joking manor. But he is wrong here, correct? If Ringz paid Shy whatever is he charges for a verse then that's it. Rappers don't see a cut or royalty check off sales from someone else's album regardless if it sells 10 copies or 10 million copies. Thanks and peace

I don't really care if it's a WU album or not! I just wanna hear it!!!!!!

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by soren View Post
    I don't really care if it's a WU album or not! I just wanna hear it!!!!!!
    Now that everybody thinks it's a fake album, it's even more fascinating to see how the interest levels will shift for this thing. I mean it's been called a copy & paste album, a Cilvaringz, a dead in the water Killah Priest album, now it's a fake album. People should absolutely have no regard left for this thing, my opinion.

Fun fact: 36 Chambers was according to RZA the most copy & paste album out there. It's when he first started fucking with ProTools. Protect Ya Neck was copied and pasted in its entirty.

Quote Originally Posted by josborne3680 View Post
    Maybe someone with more knowledge of the business can clear this part with me. Shyheim said he would like a cut of the 2 million bucks, perhaps he said it in a joking manor. But he is wrong here, correct? If Ringz paid Shy whatever is he charges for a verse then that's it. Rappers don't see a cut or royalty check off sales from someone else's album regardless if it sells 10 copies or 10 million copies. Thanks and peace
    Everybody would like a cut of the 2 million bucks. If Shyheim has a right to it then hey, more power to the brother.

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    After reading the book it was actually my understanding that it's a Cher featuring Wu-Tang album.
    Finally somebody who knows what he's talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by whitelotus777 View Post
    I won't say it's "fake"....just copy & paste...
    Since the evolution of ProTools, Logic, Cubase and Reason, pretty much any work of music out there in the world is now copy & paste.

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    I dont understand any part of this post.

Culture vulturing at its finest and even the clan and beez feel the same way. Who am i to tell them theyre wrong when they ARE wutang and we AND ringz are just fans.
    Do please explain the culture vulturing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    It's a fake album because nobody from the clan who recorded verses and emailed them in over the space of years knew about it and RZA had nothing to do with its development until he fleeced the end game because it wasn't planned this way at all until the last second for some possible variety of reasons which made this change. Nobody knew what they were getting involved with at the time until 10 years later and nobody discredited it because nobody thought it would be relevant and/or RZA gave directives to say this and that.

The ONLY reason this has a Wu Tang logo and RZA co-signing it is because RZA knew he was going to get paid from it. Cilvaringz falls in line with the creative fan fiction because he doesn't have the authority to go against the Abbott but anybody who was posting here before this whole concept was announced knows the truth.

Anybody who says "this is not a Wu tang album" is doing so by saying that the album in essence is not a Wu tang album. It's not. It never was a Wu tang album. It never will be a Wu tang album. This is a cilvaringz album.
    You really need to read the book homie. And tell your brother The Mountain to get a copy too. Quick question.. if I record a verse from you tomorrow on one of my beats, and I put your vocals on a John Legend album, is the John Legend album then a fake John Legend album? Forget the ethics of it, just answer that question.

You'd probably have to clarify if you're putting one song on Johns Legends album or arranging a whole John Legend album without his knowledge.
    quick question, if RZA deemed those albums floating around of "Wu-Tang vs the Beatles" as an official Wu Tang album.. Apart from RZA owning the brand name, would you say that the Wu-Tang Clan, or even just RZA, made that album?

at best you could call it a Wu Tang album as imagined by (whoever made it)
    Last edited by Mumm Ra; 09-16-2017 at 09:34 AM.

nada ignorante

Dudes in jail like they aint got family on the outside to feed? Thats a sneaky ass move right there Cilva. They probably got paid dirt cheap for them verses especially Sin and Shy.
    N.I.

Shy got paid double than he was selling for at the time, Sin not only got paid well, he got paid to re-record verses. Fuck outta here with presumptions, try dealing with facts rather than what you think happened. And they weren't in jail when we were working with them. Dudes is grown men, responsible for their own actions. Not me.
    Last edited by Cilvaringz; 09-16-2017 at 09:54 AM.

Why didnt the other clan members get to hear to whole record before the auction?
    I mean it's the biggest statement in the history of music selling only one copy, you should expect that all clan members wanted to hear the end product or that RZA tried his best to let them listem to it so they know what it is exactly because it's a wu album according to RZA isnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    You really need to read the book homie. And tell your brother The Mountain to get a copy too. Quick question.. if I record a verse from you tomorrow on one of my beats, and I put your vocals on a John Legend album, is the John Legend album then a fake John Legend album? Forget the ethics of it, just answer that question.
    that's gonna be one hell of a monster posse cut with John Legend, Hound and me on the same track. we'll pay DJ Khaled 10 bucks for some adlibs too. I'm gonna have him say shit like 'we do it for the culture!'
    Retired.