Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Slept on Apollo Kids

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    BDR is great. I bought and enjoyed that album a lot. I recently started appreciating Fishscale more, and it was the only Ghost album I didn't like. It seemed really sprawling and 'everywhere'. Also had a darkish tone that I wasn't with. After some time I've realized those are the best features of the album. The fact that it was supposed to be a double disc with More Fish make it an incredible project.

Idk why lables are so stupid. A double disc counts as two sales, and boosts the artists clout for the next album. They also lock the artist in for more content since it contractually counts as 1 album. Why the label would get in the way and make a double disc a single album is beyond me but it's very clear that the music industry is run by raccoons that don't understand basic business.

hahaha, this fool just said that he used to run trains, but if he went after Dirt he'd chill and get brains hahahahah

More fish was just leftovers.Fishscale was never meant to be a double album.

nada ignorante

More Fish was fire I dont get all the hate
    N.I.

I could be wrong but I thought that some of the songs that ended up on More Fish had not gotten sample clearance for Fishscale earlier on.
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    If I was gonna dl either this or that 12 reasons joint, which one should I get?
    Very different albums. Apollo Kids is dope but its not anything new or different. 12 Reasons is a totally different sound, great production but Ghosts rapping is lame as fuck. Really drags it down and coz of it I never really listen to it.

Only issue I have with Apollo Kids really is the sound. Apart from that very solid album. But not as good as Big Doe Rehab which I still love. What a great album.

12 Reasons is a totally different sound, great production but Ghosts rapping is lame as fuck. Really drags it down and coz of it I never really listen to it.
    yeah feel the same way

Banned

This thread has got me checking out old Ghostface albums.

Did Claaa7 ever did a Fishscale / More Fish comp?

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    If I was gonna dl either this or that 12 reasons joint, which one should I get?
    Both. Although 12RTD won't be replayed over and over it's still great but they're both different from each other so you can't really say one or the other.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Get Apollo Kids. 12RTD was 1 of the most overrated albums that year (2013). Also what's wrong with the AK cover? I like that cover.

Cheers lads. I'll check out Apollo kids first n if I like it I'll get 12 reasons too.

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

Quote Originally Posted by Durag View Post
    Very different albums. Apollo Kids is dope but its not anything new or different. 12 Reasons is a totally different sound, great production but Ghosts rapping is lame as fuck. Really drags it down and coz of it I never really listen to it.

Only issue I have with Apollo Kids really is the sound. Apart from that very solid album. But not as good as Big Doe Rehab which I still love. What a great album.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumm Ra View Post
    yeah feel the same way
    yep, same here
    We do it for the people.

I dl'ed this album n it's pretty decent. I enjoyed it enough. Lolz @ these dudes only needing to write a few bars n then getting 20 other guys to fill out the rest of 'their album'. No wonder he puts out a new album every week.

Lolz @ there being some guy trying to b lord superb on that handcuffing hoes jam.

But yeah, cool album. I'll grab 12 reasons some thyme too. Gotta get the new math thing next thyme I actually remember to dl something when my laptop is on.

PRODIGAL SUN

who produced the song with game rapping, that beat is hard

never sleep on Tony.
    Retired.

not for me at all...

Quote Originally Posted by hotnikks View Post
    More Fish was fire I dont get all the hate
    you love every wu album. saying its great or amazing. dissing people who dont have the same views as you.. lol

you need to diversify yo listening.. only decent lyricist left in wu is KIllah Priest. meth flows well..and has improved recently.. but they all spit non sense.

PRODIGAL SUN

i need to give this a better listen because ima be honest i skipped it because i thought it was more like a mixtape due to all the features. with that said i only really checked purified thoughts, trouble makers and ghetto which are all top tier modern day wu tracks.

ghetto features my favorite combo of wu members, ghost, ugod, rae and cap slang the hardest and i love when they get together.