Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revisiting Golden Arms Redemption

Default Revisiting Golden Arms Redemption

This shit still sucks ahahahahahahah. This is the shit you listen to before shooting up the temp agency for fronting on you.

this nigga said "the rain in maine came mainly from spain" ahahahahahahahahahah jesus. The hunger can't be denied though.

What song is this quote from?

i still say ugod lyrically murdered that whole album on some abstract shit, minus that one line i guess, too bad the beats weren't up to par. But there's still some banguhs

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mumm Ra View Post
    i still say ugod lyrically murdered that whole album on some abstract shit, minus that one line i guess, too bad the beats weren't up to par. But there's still some banguhs
    this album is still fire and better than ABT

my dookie this morning is better than ABT

i dont think Redemption is bad by far. i could name soooo many more worse wu projects. As decent as Wu Saga appears to be, if I could keep one album between the two it would be golden arms

he said "the rain of Spain falls mainly on the plane" on 'Stay in Your Lane', getting it in classy with tha "My Fair Lady" musical quotes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rain_in_Spain

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

ABT sucking doesn't excuse this from being a massive loaf of shit. I think Ugod is actually a highly intelligent nerd that hadn't accepted it at the point of this album so all of his attempts to do anything but nerd out we're completely embarrassing and hilarious.

The highs on this album like pleasure and pain and night the city cried all highs for hip hop as a whole. If you're to show the power of rap as a medium of communication these two songs would serve well.

Then he gets into that hilarious bullshit all over the album and fails at every step. Stay in your lanes chorus had me on the floor dying. This is album sounds like he's been filling out applications all week and nobody's calling back rap lol.

I can see someone with a seasonal rash going ape after getting denied for Obamacare citing this album as his inspiration to push over his mom's TV

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    ABT sucking doesn't excuse this from being a massive loaf of shit. I think Ugod is actually a highly intelligent nerd that hadn't accepted it at the point of this album so all of his attempts to do anything but nerd out we're completely embarrassing and hilarious.

The highs on this album like pleasure and pain and night the city cried all highs for hip hop as a whole. If you're to show the power of rap as a medium of communication these two songs would serve well.

Then he gets into that hilarious bullshit all over the album and fails at every step. Stay in your lanes chorus had me on the floor dying. This is album sounds like he's been filling out applications all week and nobody's calling back rap lol.

I can see someone with a seasonal rash going ape after getting denied for Obamacare citing this album as his inspiration to push over his mom's TV

Your ear drums suck and i think you have to clean the wax in them. Claaa7 just schooled you on the lyrical front. Read dude and stop hating and bullshitting on golden arms
    WU-TANG FOREVER.
    GHANA REPRESENTING

I appreciate the album more now than when it dropped

there's still some iffy moments and meh songs, also that laughable intro lol, but I enjoy the bangers on there (mostly the singles, the posse cuts and the story telling track Night The City Cried) much more now than I used to. I'm glad I revisited this LP a few years ago

RZA / Wu Elements should have given Uey better beats though. lyrically U-God is solid on this album imo. but his hooks are hit and miss

I think this album is on par with Dopium (minus weird techno remixes) and The Keynote Speaker, with his 2 recent albums having a slightly higher amount of quality beats.

In a quantity to quality ration I think Dopium has the most bangers on one single album, out of all his albums

peace
    Retired.

PRODIGAL SUN

i remembering wanting to love this album but couldnt do it. his flow is ugly on this album. he stops and goes a lot on some tracks and hes usually water like flowing like rivers... the hooks on this album are pure SHIT

enter ugod - one of the WORST intros of all time. corny accapella over crowd noise

pleasure or pain is the best track on album

rumble was a cool like posse track, played itself out tho being one of the only listenable songs from the wu psx game
    night the city cried.. cool beat, decent verses over it, flow boring

turbo charge is prolly worst hook in wu history and beat by rza is hard to defend... this is why people said he fell off... beat gets better with second verse but it was too digi for the era and sounds paperthin. apparently rza got all the good digi stuff lol

bizzare by bink!... dope. all of it

dats gangsta.. dope... all of it. true master with a BANGER!

lay down starts off pretty dope but the beat by john the baptist with those key stabs just comes off wack. and the hook? LAYYYYY DOWWWWWNn SPRAAAAY SOUNNNNNDS.. nothing special whatsoever but not totally wack. initial loop without the key stabs is cool

shell shock - another good beat by hak the navigator. good posse track with a good hook by lethaface. rae does what rae does.

glide - beat by deck.. i like it. decwent back n forth. not classic or nuttin but i wouldnt skip the track

hungry - horrible beat. stop and go hook. its like dude forgot how to flow on this album. even when he starts to rap for real its an UGLY flow. its like hes reading off the paper with no thought about flowing at all.

knockin at ya door - one of the better tracks even tho beat really aint nothing special, hook is again mediocre at best but they rhyming and the beat works well with it. cool beat by john the baptist. all that said its prolly a top 5 song on album

stay ion your lane - i like the build of the beat, the singing and the strings building help it sound big but ugod doesnt do a good job bringing that drama out. its like he rhyming aimlessly instead of making a song, reminds me of the beats rza gave cap who killed them all.

soul dazzle - that cocky flashy shit ugod best at.. the chez chez la ghost/its yours style. hook is WACK but the beat and his flow make it work.its too bad he stops rapping for real and has this long hook/bridge that is so bad. the beat/raps are dope besides that

turbulence by true master .. im good.. beat sounds like military march shit. would be good for priest and sunz of man or killarmy but this does NOTHING for me

these are only songs worth it

DOPE!

pleasure or pain
    dats gangsta
    bizzare
    rumble
    night the city cried
    shell shock

QUESTIONABLE

glide
    stay in your lane
    soul dazzle
    knocking at your door

if he woulda waited a lil while longer hed have a bunch more to work with and it wopuldabeen a really good album but it feels rushed beyond belief

first time i ever heard somebody bash his flow on that album, i thought it was great

Another thing is, for such a talented rapper he did a good job finding features that would eat his shit on every track he dared put them on (which were many). Lethaface is an animal. The features were a huge highlight but made you wonder why U-god is the one putting THEM on lol. Unjust world. U-god is more talented that this album displayed. The highs are very high and lows are the in the comedy range.

Soul Dazzle is super stupid dude lol. I wouldn't compare it to cherchez la ghost. U-god is one of my favorite wu members and I want to like the album but it's impossible. More entertaining than his later releases but that's just cause of age and energy.

that album is actully good. its when wu was onthat digital beats.

turbo charge bon voyaaaaaaaaage

that line is so random and stupid I got nothing but love for it lol
    Retired.

Soul Dazzle was/is my shit. Always anticipated that song the most when I played the album.