Thread: Looking back on RZA's 'Digi Snacks'

Default Looking back on RZA's 'Digi Snacks'

I'm doing some school work and got the album playing in the background. I always had a lot of love for this LP. And I'm really enjoying listening to it today too. I know, this aint RZArektah, and Thea is on it. But I like RZA's laidback flow on here and I think Thea's voice is dope, but that's just me. Yall know I love wu westcoast acts too so all the Black Knights / Northstar features are to my liking.

To me the album sounds cohesive, and has its own distinct personality.

I know the album is universally panned lol. Some of yall might say I got shit in my ears.

Can you share what exactly all of you disliked about the album?

peace and thanks for your opinions
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 10-14-2017 at 06:06 AM.
    Retired.

Aside from like 3 tracks not really feeling the production style. Also the lyrical content/theme didn't appeal... the end of "Birth of a Prince" saw us "Enter the RZA" so this dip back into Bobby Digital didn't resonate.

I did appreciate the cover art, comic and LOVE the intro beat.

The intro track, Booby Trap and Creep are pretty much the only good tracks on here imo. Production just sounds lifeless to me, no spark, nothing to grab the attention. Thea's voice is annoying to me, so having her all over the album was a massive turn off.

I love The Wolf bonus track though, beat is dope and RZA spits some shit. More tracks like this on the album and it could have been saved.

Peace!