Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Conway - More Steroids

Quote Originally Posted by rat fakerman View Post
    with an italian on the beat to boot lol.
    Some insane production coming out of Europe nowadays.

Dj Mehdi - France (rip), Kyo Itachi - France, Al Tarba - France, White shadow of "Norway" . Endemic - UK

to name a few off my head. there are alot more doing it,

Veteran Member

These guys put in work. It's when they linked up with Daringer that they really got their signature sound. Before then they would rap on other style of beats. Benny is worth checking out for as well. He's real dope and gets better with each project that he puts out. He said in an IG Live vid that Raekwon really liked his Tana Talk 3 album which should be coming out I'm assuming sometime early next year.

Conway is also improving, especially with his flow.

ha, i feel like people who come up with vague criticisms like this never really like the stuff in the first place.

Wrong again sir, I have physical copies of everything Griselda released.
    Last edited by MaskedAvenger; 10-27-2017 at 08:23 PM.

i like lauren, but his lyrics are the definition on nonsense rap.

i disappoint
    thought it would be the ras kass/jmt rise of the machines beat..

i dont really listen to this sort of hiphop, doesnt do much for me at all.

i prefer this shit.

kinda reminds me of rza production. just the fucked up beats.

this sounds nothing like rza lol Eligh does his own beats too

original living legends! Living Legends > WU

check it out. what do you think of it?
    Last edited by soul controller; 10-28-2017 at 12:23 PM.

tbph soul i can't get into that stuff really. maybe i just need to give that album a few listens over and give a real opinion. i've tried to get into busdriver and open mike eagle before, but they aside from the odd nice track, i find a lot of it sonically grating.

tbph soul i can't get into that stuff really. maybe i just need to give that album a few listens over and give a real opinion. i've tried to get into busdriver and open mike eagle before, but they aside from the odd nice track, i find a lot of it sonically grating.
    Have you hear Open Mike Eagle's new album? Probably his most focused and most accessible work to date, really solid release. Besides that, I agree with you for the most parts. Busdriver is one of those artists I want to like because I've heard some insane verses and a couple of good tracks from, but then when I try to listen to an album I just can never get into it.

Definitely check out Brick Body Kids Still Daydream though

(skip the first minute for the song)

Last edited by GhettoGnom; 11-01-2017 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    I didn't like it because of the beats.

ok, will download that and have a good listen. thanks.

gonna peep this tonight, griselda is def putting that work in

Quote Originally Posted by Origin™ View Post
    I've been fucking with Conway since 2008. It's only because of the Eminem thing and the Sway freestyle that dudes have gone house hold name status.

Everything GxFR have released musically has been great. The mixtapes Gunn created in 1 week or less are better than most rappers full LP releases...

Yes they release a massive amount of material in short periods of time, Saturating their sound for some people is a possibility.

It's the perfect combination for me, It's like when Roc left Busta and stated putting out solo lps. that Dusty, Grimey new york shit is what I love. Sick as fuck production with brilliant emcees.

Edit:

for dude post above. Effort? lol just because they can put out a mixtape in a week means theres no effort? Show me one shit mixtape or lp they've put out?

If your problem with these guys is "effort" then I don't know what to say, They're probably the hardest working people in HipHop right now. Maybe you just need to listen to something else for a while.

I never said they released anything shit, I'm just saying when you have been following a artist for a long time you can tell when the level drops. For example, I bet most people on this forum can tell which Wu Tang albums (solo or otherwise) very little effort was put into. Half the Ep was full of old tracks and maybe you haven't been keeping up but they been releasing tracks every week that have been kinda meh.
    Last edited by MaskedAvenger; 11-03-2017 at 12:25 AM.

well, when you put it like that i actually understand what you're saying, but just saying "oh, how about they put some effort in" sounds like a bullshit criticism. i'll agree that there might not be the same "hunger" in their recent releases as some of the early stuff - i just think the quality is overall still high and i'm playing these new releases as much as anything else.

i mean, as a big griselda fan, are you genuinely disappointed with the stuff conway has released this year? that seems a bit odd to me.

well, when you put it like that i actually understand what you're saying, but just saying "oh, how about they put some effort in" sounds like a bullshit criticism. i'll agree that there might not be the same "hunger" in their recent releases as some of the early stuff - i just think the quality is overall still high and i'm playing these new releases as much as anything else.

i mean, as a big griselda fan, are you genuinely disappointed with the stuff conway has released this year? that seems a bit odd to me.

See that's what I don't get. Yes they're in a much better space now than they've ever been financially, they're constantly touring and bringing out legends of the culture. But.. I don't hear any lack of hunger in their new released as opposed to their original shit. Dusty New York production, Conway ain't slipped an inch every release he's getting better, Gunn constantly improving. Any many people don't even mention Benny or Mach... Benny is serious.. they all killing that shit lol

ha, yep, i don't want to defend that position, i'm just saying i can at least understand where he's coming from. to me, they're all killing it.

ha, yep, i don't want to defend that position, i'm just saying i can at least understand where he's coming from. to me, they're all killing it.

So much dope music out at the moment.

Apathy and OC

Apollo Brown and Planet Asia

Muggs and Meyhem

all the new GxFR releases

Agallah has put out some great albums recently

That Ed OG lp is nice also

Everything Earthgang putting out is nice

It's a good time for HipHop music in my opinion, Yes the mainstream is flooded with mumble rap, but it serves it's purpose.

Real raps been underground for so long now I don't know why people always telling me bullshit like "Hip Hop is dead, there is no dope Hip Hop music no more" Does my head in haha

Veteran Member

I'd say the most recent Hitler Wears Hermes mixtape was a bit underwhelming. I expected something better. The 4th one, the one that came out last year, is my favourite of the series.

More Steroids is a hard tape. Conway is improving on the mic.

Benny has already completed 2 projects - Butcher On Steroids and Tana Talk 3. The latter is meant to be his actual debut album. Imo Benny would fit in with the Lox in terms of his style/content.