Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: The America Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JaSchu View Post
    In the US there exist more than one hundred different definitions of "terrorism", almost each institution has their own. The classification of PKK as "terrorists" is outdated to say the least. The organization has changed radically since the early 2000s. Öcalan reversed his Marxist-Leninist ideology in prison and is in favor of "democratic confederalism" now. They don't even aim to create their own nation state. In fact, they are opposing the nationalist narrative. They are pretty alone with this amongst the other (capitalistic) nation states. In the Middle East, the left Kurdish movement is the only possible option for builing a society based on social, religious and cultural equality. The "imperialist" states try not to anger Turkey too much because of the refugee crisis deal, Turkey's NATO membership, and the EU membership still in the talks. Of course, as I already mentioned, there are a lot of contradictions to solve. Especially in the war situation the Kurdish movement is engaged. And - one more thing - you have Free Syrian Army groups engaged with the YPG/J that still embrace the social discourse of the Syrian Revolution. Turkey's "FSA" gangs are just islamist and fascist thugs that are killing each other over loot in Afrin nowadays.
    Please spare me the bullshit on the PKK. The PKK kidnap, torture and murder people. They kill Kurds who don't agree with them, they threaten local villagers who don't help them, its a mafia like death cult who are puppets of states who want to get one over on Turkey nothing more. They are not feminists or LGBT supporting either. These people just paint this rosy picture so westerners can cosy up to them. They don't want an independent state anymore because they cant win and they never could.

This isn't a case of 'oh look whose running Turkey he a dictator so whoever opposes him must be good'. The shit the PKK do is inexcusable doesn't matter who running Turkey.

Shaolin Student

Do you have any proof for your accusations concerning recent activities? There's no doubt that the 1990s were a dark time when all types of shit was done in the name of the PKK or by members of the organization. It might sound harsh, but a guerilla war is no kindergarden. The village militias that were established by Turkey in Bakur are partly forced by the state to do their service, some of them are doing it for money. It's definitely a moral problem. And yes, they have a feminist movement going on, their ideology is called Jineology. Actually it is supported by more and more feminists around the world. Your analysis is quite off. Calling others "puppets" is non-analytical. Even the fucking crooks in Turkey's FSA got their own agenda. Yes, there was a "peace process" going on which was ended by Erdogan and his AKP party - not the PKK. It's not just a concession to the Turkish state to focus more on democratic confederalism. It's an ideological shift, too, not just a pragmatic decision. Some crazy people (TAK) went mad about this "moderate" course. The PKK will stay in the mountains, Turkey will never defeat them. The only way to solve this issue is on a diplomatic level - something Erdogan's AKP/MHP coalition is absolutely unwilling to do. Hate them as much you want, they won't go away.
    Last edited by JaSchu; 03-29-2018 at 02:23 AM.

Please give peace a chance.

Shaolin Student

Tell this to Erdolf, homie.

LOL @ 'Erdolf'

95% of Turks in my country support Erdogan. Probably because they don't have to live back home.

@ HANZO : thanks for the additional info on the PKK. In the end all these political parties and 'movements' are about establishing power.
    Retired.

^^and usually controlled

Shaolin Student

You can't be neutral on a moving train.

Shaolin Student

@ Hal: I don't know in which country you're living but the support for Erdogan in the Turkish population in general was weakened due to the coup attempt in 2016 in the long term - whatever that shit exactly was. Amongst "conservative" Turkish in Europe for example there's still a lot of support for Gülen who split from the AKP and is exiled in the USA. Gülen, a conservative islamic politician himself, and his supporters are considered as "terrorists" by Erdogan's AKP today. One of the more popular supporters of Gülen in the US is the NBA player Enes Kanter. Everybody who somehow goes against Erdogan and his party is persecuted and marked as terrorist. This goes not only for Kurdish parties like the HDP but as well as for more moderate Kemalists and other left-wing Turkish parties and organisations.
    Last edited by JaSchu; 03-29-2018 at 03:22 AM.

Banned

I didn’t know America still existed tbh TIL

@HAN, how safe is Turkey for a pasty white cracker to visit? I’d love to add a week or two in Istanbul to my Iran and Jordan trip
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    I didn’t know America still existed tbh TIL

@HAN, how safe is Turkey for a pasty white cracker to visit? I’d love to add a week or two in Istanbul to my Iran and Jordan trip

i have english white friends who have been, they pretty much loved it. but you have to basically stay in the cities..
    the same friends have also been to Morroco, in Morocco they could go anywhere, they loved that place even more..

Quote Originally Posted by JaSchu View Post
    You can't be neutral on a moving train.

quoting Vinny, you should really read up on Geo politics more..

imagine if Trump raids Turkey.. we could Constantinople back... i bet Christians all over the globe would love that...

Shaolin Student

C'mon, don't pretend you know shit.

look through my posts.. i know alot about the world and the issues..

test me brother man.

i prefer listening to immortal technique, lowkey, akala, than someonewho says faggot in every other line.. most of vinnys lyrics are conspiracy based... i prefer actual factual like he said on the track.

Shaolin Student

No, I won't test you now. I'm sorry if my comments might have been a bit harsh - I'm still hating your anti antifa post lol and I don't like to be lectured like - you need to read yo - in fact that's my job, to research and write. Sorry if we got off on the wrong foot. We won't change the fact that World War 3 is already kind of happening - unfortunately. Peace be upon us.
    Last edited by JaSchu; 03-29-2018 at 05:37 AM.

Shaolin Student

And you're right Vinny got a lot of homophobic and conspiracy shit going on. But there's this side of him, let's call it conscious blue collar rap, that I'm totally a fan of. It would be fucking awesome if he did a whole album where he addresses social, political and world issues only, without the conspiracy stuff.