Thread: The Pretty Toney Album

Default The Pretty Toney Album

crappadonna

The intro always cracks me up. If you listen close I swear one of the reporters calls ghost cappadonna.

Not saying it's his best, but Preety Toney is my personal FAV GFK album!

Lol yeah the intro is jokes and has such a DOPE beat. This album was also the "birth" of Wu Block... Have fond memories of playing this on my cd walkman while riding my bike
    PEACE

It's cool to be able to add yet another version to the collection. Let me see how this version flows. You put some great songs in there!

The Pretty Toney album would have been (even) better if the record company had been able to clear all the samples on the songs that were originally intended for the project. A few of them ended up on '718' and to me that turned out to be a great album with a lot of replay value.
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 10-20-2017 at 04:18 PM.
    Retired.

The Think Differently album 'The Pretty Toney Collection' compiles some of those tracks that were left off the retail version (along with other outtakes), I'd recommend that compilation too. Be careful though, only the one disc compilation version is a legit release with good sound quality. There's also a 2 disc version of that collection out there that is a bootleg with a lot of sound issues. So better stick to the one disc compilation version.

Peace.
    Retired.

Great album. Some of Ghosts best work ever is on there like Holla, Run, Biscuits, Be This Was and Kunta Fly Shit. Only lame part was Tush.

I think it's Ghostface's worst album and one of the few from him I don't have in my collection.
    Got a mainstream sound and only very few WU sounding tracks and besides Trife no good features. (Yes I think the LOX are wack!!!)

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by soren View Post
    I think it's Ghostface's worst album and one of the few from him I don't have in my collection.
    Got a mainstream sound and only very few WU sounding tracks and besides Trife no good features. (Yes I think the LOX are wack!!!)
    I never picked this one up either. Gave it a spin or two when it came out and remember really not liking it. Need to give it another listen

It’s a meh album, definitely a throwaway and not ghost’s best work, one of those things u own because u wanna complete your ghostface collection, that’s about it

PRODIGAL SUN

PT LP is super underrated

teh first 5 ghost albums are all 4 mics or better

ill put the top 5 joints from the album versus the top 5 from BPW ansd FS easily

run
    holla
    biscuits
    be this way
    love
    metal lungies

cmon.. albums dope. lets not forget the songs taht got cut like cilvas gorilla hood, paychecks, etc. they used a lotta vclassic soul/breakbeats for this album. to me its like a mix of supreme clientele and BPW.

{>____<}

I remember when I purchased this album my senior year in high school. I played this album a lot. It's not one of Ghost's best but it is a fun album. I won't concern The Pretty Tony Album a wu classic but it's a favorite.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Towers View Post
    It's cool to be able to add yet another version to the collection. Let me see how this version flows. You put some great songs in there!

The Pretty Toney album would have been (even) better if the record company had been able to clear all the samples on the songs that were originally intended for the project. A few of them ended up on '718' and to me that turned out to be a great album with a lot of replay value.
    I agree 100%

PT was a disappointing album after the mildly disappointing, but decent BPW. everyone here loved it and hailed it as a modern day classic. marked the point for me where i stopped really bothering with wu albums.