View Poll Results: How did Math did do with this Wu release?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic

3 15.79%
  • Banger

5 26.32%
  • Solid

10 52.63%
  • Meh

1 5.26%
  • Weed plate

0 0%

Thread: Mathematics x Wu Tang - The Saga Continues

Default Mathematics x Wu Tang - The Saga Continues

we been discussing this album already but here's the poll ...

I might add an extensive review later on. it seems they are sending my copy via Antarctica lol since I got a message from Amazon it's only arriving on Oct 24 (after a pre-order!). I only do reviews after having listened through decent speakers

interested in how yall vote ...

peace
    Retired.

(Hood go) BANGER! SUUUUUUUUU

nada ignorante

its Solid
    N.I.

The Saga Continues is steeped in traditional Wu-Tang staples and as such it delivers a dope Wu album that feels seriously good to listen to as a longtime fan. There's a lot of value in just hearing those voices of Ghostface, Raekwon, Method Man, Inspectah Deck, RZA and Masta Killa trade bars over 50 minutes of bumping and thumping beats chopped up, stretched and finessed on Mathematics' ASR via the libraries of the strongest Soul/R&B labels of yesteryear. And it do come together as a unified album, with Method Man, Ghost and RZA playing lyrical hosts of the evening and whose repeated apperances throughout its running time acts as the glue that keeps TSC from falling into anonymous compilation territority of Mathematics' earlier full-length projects. Of course Mathematics is the MVP of this Saga and he is pretty much the embodiement of what the Wu-Elementz was supposed to be - students of the RZA sound who could keep the fire cooking in that pot while adding their own spices to create their own signature sound within that lane that RZA blasted through. There's no question that this is Wu-Tang music.

On the flipside; making a Wu album that is guaranteed to satisfy the crowds by taking it back makes it a musical project with very little to no artistic risk, something that can be sensed through much of the album. It's Wu-Tang playing it safe, very much like they do their live shows these days. That isn't to say that it isn't a very dope LP as many of these cuts would hold up as the certified Wu banger on another album by surrounding them with less straight forward material. Getting this album in 2017 is a very good look from Mathematics and the Clan any way you slice it though, it's music that easy to relate to for both newcomers and those who stood by the W for years and at this point the Clan really needed to score some easy points and this was an excellent way to do just that. Straight head nodding for 52 minutes, can't hate on that.

Rating - 3.5 / 5

Top 5 - "People Say", "Pearl Harbor", "If What You Say is True", "Why Why Why", "Frozen"

One of the last Sean Price verses. I really like this project.

Some of it was tracks Mathamatics had in the stash for his next album and some of it was originally the Math vs Mef project, cuz they did these songs live and shit at shows. Plus Mef talked about it in an interview

Plus you can hear Mef say Math vs Mef on Fly Motivation or whatever it's called. Dope track. Ton of dope tracks on here, this is a great project.

Been spinning this one lately. It’s grown on me. I think it’s a banger. Meth really shines, and Math did his thing behind the boards. The guests really did their thing, and it was nice to see Redman shine on the tracks he participated in. The only gripes I have are that Deck, Ghost, and GZA didn’t get too much shine, and the hook on the track My Only One sounds way out of place. But the feeling of this album is there in that it sounds like a Clan album, even with the reduced member participation. But it was definitely one of the better albums of 2017, IMO.