Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Killa Beez "The Sting" 15 years on...

always thought this was a good album
    both songs Holocaust is featured on are the two best

This thread had me throw on the album.

I gotta be honest with yall, I always dug 'Bar Mitzvah', I guess I have a thing for silly tracks. I like playful tracks, this is also part of the reason why I like RZA's Diggy Snacks album

I forgot how many dope tracks this comp had. Still not as good as The Swarm imo, but definitely better than I remembered.

RZA's verse on Killa Beez is trash though.
    Retired.

I gotta be honest with yall, I always dug 'Bar Mitzvah', I guess I have a thing for silly tracks. I like playful tracks, this is also part of the reason why I like RZA's Diggy Snacks album

I forgot how many dope tracks this comp had. Still not as good as The Swarm imo, but definitely better than I remembered.

Retired.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Towers View Post

Fuck outta here lol, Rza's verse on Killa Beez was fire. I like how he spits commercial rap then throws some science in on the last bar "You can't trace the path of air from which it started" slick! That's when he still had them nice rhymes.

Spit that G is my shit too, Timbo King "This grown man talk I can bag your moms" my favorite line, I swear Prodigal Sunn used his verse on this song on about two other songs lol. Still hot though.

My favorites from here are Killa Beez, Out Think Me Now, Bluntz/Martiniz/Girlz/Gunz, Dancing With Wolves, Spend Money, Take up Space, Rollin, Spit That G, Woodchuck & K.B. Ridin. The rest of it was weak. It just wasn't on par with their previous shit. To me this is when Wu-Tang REALLY fell off after this came out.
    Last edited by Hollow Dartz; 11-06-2017 at 05:41 PM.

From memory this joint had loads of good songs. Haven't heard in forever, but I ought to rip it n throw it on my xduoo. I listened to those 2 lord superb tracks a bit in recent years. The solo one n the one with Solomon. Had a few tracks on my old iPod. Love those cuts n to me he was one of the most entertaining to come out of the Wu camp. Pity he fucks kids.

I remember people used to say cilvaringz had the best verse on this album, back in Wu Dynasty days. No doubt those same people would now say it's the worst verse on there. I don't even remember it. Really should get this on my xduoo. I'll pull it out after I wipe my arse.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out the recording process of Dancing With Wolves. 9th Prince disses Killa Sin and then Sin comes on right after lol...
    ALWAYS loved "Dancing w Wolves" from when it was teased in "Ghost Dog" promo! Wow never noticed that lol- Need to relisten now...

yo are you sure thats a diss? "seen Killa Sin and em/ yall n****** sound feminine" dont think yall is in reference to Killa Sin but a generic yall to other rappers
    Last edited by MikeAll; 11-07-2017 at 03:30 PM. Reason: follow up after listening to track

BANGER track!
    U-God was on fiyah. Daresay that U-God took the track. Who had the best verse in your opinion?

nada ignorante

This album reminds me of when I first stated drinking for good. Good times man riding around bumping this album...
    N.I.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeAll View Post
    ALWAYS loved "Dancing w Wolves" from when it was teased in "Ghost Dog" promo! Wow never noticed that lol- Need to relisten now...

yo are you sure thats a diss? "seen Killa Sin and em/ yall n****** sound feminine" dont think yall is in reference to Killa Sin but a generic yall to other rappers
    That's a jab, you don't follow up "Seen Killa Sin and them" with "Y'all niggas sound feminine" lol. As far as "Killa Beez" U-God set that jawn off right but Deck took that track that's why he anchored that shit. I liked the Original Track with had all Killa Beez on it but it's not a finished version only the raw version. It has Doc Doom, Christbearer, Timbo King, Solomon Childs & Prodigal Sunn on it. Cilvaringz posted it awhile back.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    That's a jab, you don't follow up "Seen Killa Sin and them" with "Y'all niggas sound feminine" lol.
    word, especially if you listen closely to it it sure sound he says "Seen Killa Sin and them, THAT nigga sound feminine".. pretty crazy.

i think the track you're thinking of is called "Get Familiar":

Oh shit, I don't even have to rip this isht. Just saw I've already got all but the 3 rubbish songs (Doe Rae, Hatin', Bar Mitzvah) on my Xduoo. Gonna rip disc 2 though to see what that was about. Gotta listen to this shit asap.

who got the original doe rae wu with the beretta 9 verse?

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    who got the original doe rae wu with the beretta 9 verse?
    Retired.

i used to rate this album.. trololo.

kb ridin was fucking dope.