Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Killa Beez "The Sting" 15 years on...

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    i think the track you're thinking of is called "Get Familiar":

There's also an original version of the Killa Beez track featuring Solomon Childs, Christbearer, Timbo King, Black Knights & Prodigal Sunn

Peace!

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post

i think the track you're thinking of is called "Get Familiar":

Don't know if you're talking to me but this is the Original Killa Beez Track

Quote Originally Posted by Pattch82 View Post
    There's also an original version of the Killa Beez track featuring Solomon Childs, Christbearer, Timbo King, Black Knights & Prodigal Sunn

Peace!
    sounds dope.. do you have a link for that Pattch?

anyone know of any else tracks that was recorded but cut for "The Sting"?

Claaa7, I already posted it above your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    Claaa7, I already posted it above your post.
    Ah shit i missed that, thanx!!

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    Don't know if you're talking to me but this is the Original Killa Beez Track

props!!
    Retired.

I listened to this isht yesterday. Really enjoyed it. Plenty of memories there, nah mean? My favourite cuts are Spend Money, Take Up Space, Spit that G, and Woodchuck. I wish Rza had put out a Lord Superb joint during this period, instead of Northstar. Really enjoyed that dude. It's funny how cunts hate on him while at the same thyme saying how great Killarmy are. Dude shits all over everybody in that group other than Sin, who is of course a beast on the mic. I can't really get much joy out of listening to those guys these days. Dom P is trill, I can dig it, but the other 4 guys have absolutely nothing going for them at all.

Anyway, dope isht. Didn't manage to fit in disc 2. Actually had to cut it off at the Shyheim jam, then forgot to get back to it today. Will have to spin those other cuts when I remember.

Oh yeah, also wanted to say, that opening jam, it's a really dope beat and Uey's verse is dope, but just a pretty scrappy track. Sounds pretty poorly mixed and Rza's verse is a bit of a throwaway, and that part in Deck's verse where he puts emphasis on a bunch of words that don't rhyme bugs me. Just sounds really shit. Still a cool track though.

I listened to disc 2 of this ish yesterday. It's some pretty cool digi digi shit. Worth a listen. I prob hadn't heard it in 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    I listened to this isht yesterday. Really enjoyed it. Plenty of memories there, nah mean? My favourite cuts are Spend Money, Take Up Space, Spit that G, and Woodchuck. I wish Rza had put out a Lord Superb joint during this period, instead of Northstar. Really enjoyed that dude. It's funny how cunts hate on him while at the same thyme saying how great Killarmy ar

agreed
    great talent, Sadly a pedophile

SHAOLIN STUDENT

"The swarm" was a very dope shit, but "the sting".... I have never liked this album. When it released it was a massive disappointment. I said to myself "what the fuck"... I also said to myself that the time had come to stop being a wu stan. Nowadays I listen their 90s shit, that's all !

That track "KB Riding" is pretty old btw. It uses the same beat from "Soul Controller" that was cut from the Ironman album. Ghost wasn't even rhyming like that in 02' and Meth mentions he's 25 on the track. Only thing new was the Shacronz verse and the Prodigal Sunn adlibs.