Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shyheim a.k.a. The Rugged Child turns 40 today (Appreciation thread)

and I had always loved this track\videoclip :

GRIMEY SHIT RIGHT HERE!

its ironic and sad, the rugged CHILD is spendinghis 40th birthday and some more long years in the jail.

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    oh, and lets not forget this one :

Tekitha was DOPE AF in here!
    word dope song and she killed it. she was really talented she shouldve blown up
    We do it for the people.

No sympathy for this dude. He fucked up and killed someone and left the scene , cmon son !! Not to mention awhile back do you all remember he did some reality online episodes shit , asked for money from HIS fans for future episodes and that shit never happened. He stole my money too !!! He deserves to be where he put himself.

Veteran Member

What about this track with meth ? Has it been released ? The beat is dope.

https://youtu.be/qNDfhEdMv-I

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

I was gonna do a top 5 most disappointing Wu Solo careers (from a musical standpoint) and have him at #5. He's supposed to be at the level Lil' Wayne is at now/was at. He's a prime example of being around the wrong type of people who don't want to see you outgrow them and reach that next level. He knows this. He gives a very thoughtful interview with Doggie Diamonds about his sentence. Sad it took this incident for him to see it but it is what it is. Also, he didn't pass on the Jay-Z track, Jay-Z reached out to Shyheim's team and THEY never got to Shyheim about it. He didn't hear about it until it was way too late. Who knows what could've happened if that went down.

Veteran Member

Verses from the Arsenal might be one of my favorite tracks from him. Here's something most people probably don't know...on the US version of Manchild, that track cuts off before Squiggs verse ends. The UK version has the entire track

Veteran Member

Wait...he can't be 40. I thought aka the rugged child came out in like 94, and he was 11 (or 13 at the oldest)...I'll Google that shit later but math is not adding up, or I'm not remembering...
    Last edited by hiphopjunky; 11-14-2017 at 07:28 PM.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopjunky View Post
    Wait...he can't be 40. I thought aka the rugged child came out in like 94, and he was 11 (or 13 at the oldest)...I'll Google that shit later but math is not adding up, or I'm not remembering...
    Agree, he said he was 13 when rugged child came out which would mean he's around 36-37. By the way I knew I heard two different versions of this album so that's what it is...UK vs US version. I heard the UK version first from limewire lol but I own the physical copy of manchild now and a few songs are like that. "My brother's keeper" comes to mind also.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    Agree, he said he was 13 when rugged child came out which would mean he's around 36-37. By the way I knew I heard two different versions of this album so that's what it is...UK vs US version. I heard the UK version first from limewire lol but I own the physical copy of manchild now and a few songs are like that. "My brother's keeper" comes to mind also.
    Yup...there are a few other subtle differences but I think that's the main one iirc. Unfortunately I don't think am I my brother's keeper is any longer, unfortunately...

heres some new 2017 shyheim tracks

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    I was gonna do a top 5 most disappointing Wu Solo careers (from a musical standpoint) and have him at #5. He's supposed to be at the level Lil' Wayne is at now/was at. He's a prime example of being around the wrong type of people who don't want to see you outgrow them and reach that next level. He knows this. He gives a very thoughtful interview with Doggie Diamonds about his sentence. Sad it took this incident for him to see it but it is what it is. Also, he didn't pass on the Jay-Z track, Jay-Z reached out to Shyheim's team and THEY never got to Shyheim about it. He didn't hear about it until it was way too late. Who knows what could've happened if that went down.
    add the fact that they were lining up to put him on TV/Movies. Dude really fucked up lol. Having the wrong people around him (hood niggas), and thinking the wrong shit is cool in life.

Quote Originally Posted by hotnikks View Post
    Killa Sin is in prison too and never released one album now thats tragic.
    yeah but he was pointless.

nada ignorante

Quote Originally Posted by food for thought View Post
    word dope song and she killed it. she was really talented she shouldve blown up
    First time seein the video is nice. How tall is Shyheim like 5´2?
    N.I.

PRODIGAL SUN

manchild was my favorite