Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mobb Deep VS GangStarr

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Towers View Post
    Mobb Deep
    Agreed. I love Gangstarr, But I'd take Mobb Deeps discography over Gangstarr anyday of the week.

nada ignorante

Its Gurus boring flow that kills me. Otherwise Premos production is top notch.
    N.I.

Suck this drunk alcohol dick.

idk why anyone would compare the two, but the best 2 mobb deep albums > anything gangstarr have ever done. that being said, listened to a lot of gnagstarr over the years (mainly because of premo) - i remember being blown away by step in the arena as a youngster.

it's funny that when gangstarr were releasing albums in the 2000s and other rappers were making albums with terrible beats, i was mad at premo for working with a mediocre rapper like guru - but as i got older and gained some perspective (re. the fact that those rappers didn't necessarily want premo beats on their albums) i can just appreciate those tracks and albums for what they are. i still find guru somewhat boring as a rapper, but he made some great stuff with premo.

that being said, almost everything mop did with premo is better than gangstarr stuff.

in fact, mop vs mobb deep is a much better comparison. i think i'd still have to go with md, but it's close.

Mobb Deep

Quote Originally Posted by rat fakerman View Post
    in fact, mop vs mobb deep is a much better comparison. i think i'd still have to go with md, but it's close.

Thank the lord we'll never have to choose. Because M.O.P are probably one of my favourite groups lol

all the way.

Gang Starr, love both though. Moment Of Truth is one of the best albums ever.

I have to go with Gangstarr overall

probably a slight edge to Mobb Deep based on their three classics and the chemistry between P and Hav but it's not like Gang Starr don't have a slamming discography. whichever Gang Starr album you put on you know you're going to get straight unfiltered raw hip hop from start to finnish.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Shaolin Master

I’d give this to gangstarr all day week and year. The only mob deep albums I like were infamous and hell on earth. Hell on earth was crazy dope, but the rest of their catalogue is pretty weak compared to gangstarr. Not a bad album in the gangstarr catalogue. Hard to earn daily operation moment of truth are all classics. Guru had the dopest voice even if he wasn’t the greatest lyricist but his subject matter was so much deeper than any of the pseudo gangster shit hav and prod were on. Mobb deep has 2 dope albums though and hav’s production was next level on hell on earth. But he ain’t fuckin with preemo

Nothing against Gang Starr but I think overall Mobb Deep were way better rappers and Hav at his height was way better than Premo. Guru was dope though, he was really saying some shit over the years. Premo too is one of a few who really play a sampler like an instrument.

The Ownerz is fucking underrated, I think its one of their best albums.