Thread: Ice Cube dropped a bomb in 98

Default Ice Cube dropped a bomb in 98

I remember getting this brand new as a kid, shit was heavy and grimey as hell. Back then Ice Cube was a serial killing drug dealing occult scientist taunting and laughing at Satan himself, jerking off, getting money, kidnapping bitches and writing letters to his mom while on the run. He just keeps on yelling and ranting the whole album straight. I forgot about it for years. Today while rummaging through the garbage in the basement I dug it out from some old crate. Listening to it right now this shit sounds even better than back then. Fun fat, he namedrops Clinton and Trump in the same bar, back in 98.

co-sign, this is in some ways a pretty slept on disc.. i really like the direction he went in here, with the live instruments and the heavy rock leaning mixed with hardcore hip hop. Cube really went in on the mic here too.

Producer Budda did a lot of this album, underrated producer for sure!

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Word, always said this is a dope record. So many bangers..

This album is great, super slept on, the peace disc however I didn't care much for.

Peace disc ssucked hard, few nice jams on it, rest is str8 trash. Weakest album in Cubes catalog. Even his last album much better then peace disc

nada ignorante

This album shits on Peace disc. Plus with all the Short Khopp features you cant go wrong.
    N.I.

nada ignorante

Quote Originally Posted by sickdog View Post
    Peace disc ssucked hard, few nice jams on it, rest is str8 trash. Weakest album in Cubes catalog. Even his last album much better then peace disc
    I disagree with that though Cubes last album was str8 POP rap shit. I even had to delete it it was so bad.
    N.I.

Well 9 tracks of 15 from i am the west sounds good to me.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Quote Originally Posted by hotnikks View Post
    This album shits on Peace disc. Plus with all the Short Khopp features you cant go wrong.
    I love Da Khop Shop. I always wished he dropped another album. I read an interview online where the interviewer asked Ice Cube about Short Khop and he said Heavyweight Records which was co-owned by Ice Cube and the late Terry Carter was being dissolved and Short Khop had to decide between going with Ice Cube or going with Terry Carter and Short Khop chose to go with Terry Carter, effectively ending their business relationship, so he does not deal with him anymore.