Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Eminem - Revival (2017)

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    When I heard his pre-dre album I lost respect for him. Because I realized that Dr. Dre told him to ether his mom and play a character and he has been doing it since. He was like 25 when he made Infinite. No mention of his mom, no baby mama bullshit, etc etc. But then he gets a check and starts shitting on his mom,.

Then when you assess the lyrics and check what her actually crime was

1. They moved too much
    2. She always thought he was sick (despite him being a healthy 6 pound, late puberty, pale ugly child)
    3. She was addicted to pills allegedly.

dude is a gimmick and a fraud. Dude literally made his mom unemployable for money. Then, he's supposed to be this battle rapper and constantly beefs with people that can't rap back. Ok dude, I get it, at the age of 19, you reallllyyy hated Nsync. I'm 29 and couldn't fathom the amount of teenage bitch I would have to be to have strong negative opinions of teen pop sensations.

I had him on my top rappers until I thought about it. Dude is severely wack and overrated. He knows it

wow this is really uninformed... his move to the Slim Shady persona has nothing to do with his move to Dr. Dre. there's a big difference between "Infinite" and "Slim Shady LP" as you say, but to be fair i believe that "SSLP" is much more reflective of who Em is as an artist. "Infinite" is the LP where Em sounds more insecure and tries very hard to fit in the mold of what a rap album should sound like in 1996 with artists like Nas, AZ and Jay-Z on the horizon and it's clear that he hasn't found himself as an artist on there.

and yes "Slim Shady LP" was made with Dre as the executive producer and reflected his newfound artistic style. but to say that move had anything with Dr. Dre coming on board is clearly overlooking the "Slim Shady EP" which was both recorded and released before he ever met Dre or Dre even knew about him. that EP laid the groundwork for the LP that followed but also featured some of the songs like "'97 Bonnie Clyde", "Just Don't Give a Fuck", "If I Had" and a few similiar exclusives. THIS is the record that made Dr. Dre and Interscope take notice of Em so Dre signed Slim Shady not the Eminem of "Infinite".

and yeah it was quite ridiciolous that he supposedly only went after pop stars when "battling" or dissing.. but that's not actally quite true, he made savage diss tracks to Ja Rule, Benzino, Canibus, Cage, Everlast, and probably some more so it's not entirely true that he only went after pop artists.
    Last edited by claaa7; 12-19-2017 at 09:21 PM.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

You've gotta let ya nuts hang.

I don't care for Eminem and haven't even heard this album but he had songs about his ex wife and mom before he even met Dre. just saying.

I think he just dissed the pop stars and rappers that it would be funny to diss, rather being afraid to battle others. There wouldn't be much point to it and theres was a strong possibility that back then Hip Hop in general would have turned on him if he attacked a sacred cow (probably one of his heroes). Battle rapping wasn't his goal in life.

Even going at Ja Rule was risky given that crews connections to Supremes drug empire.

The Kim and Mom material worked for a while but it definitely ran its course, hes only now got it out of his system, he apologized to his mom last LP and Kim this time. The song 'Kim' was the most disturbing shit I had heard when I was a teenager, but it was compelling.

Lord Jamar's been poking at this dude for 3 years straight now. Nothing
    Let Christina Aguliar say that he's cute but she thinks he's married to Kim? 2 albums loading off on her bitch ass.

Ja Rule was a dead joke by the time Em even stepped in. If you look at the list of ppl dude has battled, it's pitiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mumm Ra View Post
    the only thing he's good at is stringing together words that rhyme skillfully
    the content of those words are retarded 99% of the time
    He just play mad libs.

He thinks of a bunch of words that rhyme and makes sentences to string them together, even if they don't make sense. I get multis, but Pun, AZ multis are different because the thought comes first then the rhymes, Em it's the rhymes then the thoughts. It's perfect for saying random funny goofy shit, but an album? fuck that.
    Last edited by TSA; 12-20-2017 at 05:05 AM.

^mf doom is the same. Some of his multis r awful.

I very much doubt that Eminem loves his dick size.

nada ignorante

N.I.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    wow this is really uninformed... his move to the Slim Shady persona has nothing to do with his move to Dr. Dre. there's a big difference between "Infinite" and "Slim Shady LP" as you say, but to be fair i believe that "SSLP" is much more reflective of who Em is as an artist. "Infinite" is the LP where Em sounds more insecure and tries very hard to fit in the mold of what a rap album should sound like in 1996 with artists like Nas, AZ and Jay-Z on the horizon and it's clear that he hasn't found himself as an artist on there.

and yes "Slim Shady LP" was made with Dre as the executive producer and reflected his newfound artistic style. but to say that move had anything with Dr. Dre coming on board is clearly overlooking the "Slim Shady EP" which was both recorded and released before he ever met Dre or Dre even knew about him. that EP laid the groundwork for the LP that followed but also featured some of the songs like "'97 Bonnie Clyde", "Just Don't Give a Fuck", "If I Had" and a few similiar exclusives. THIS is the record that made Dr. Dre and Interscope take notice of Em so Dre signed Slim Shady not the Eminem of "Infinite".

and yeah it was quite ridiciolous that he supposedly only went after pop stars when "battling" or dissing.. but that's not actally quite true, he made savage diss tracks to Ja Rule, Benzino, Canibus, Cage, Everlast, and probably some more so it's not entirely true that he only went after pop artists.
    Out of those rappers you mentioned, Canibus and Everlast are the closest thing Eminem has ever come to battling somebody that can actually battle back. Ray Dog and Ja Rule made the most astronomical fuck up in the history of mankind going up against Eminem.. That early Eminem song dissing black girls being leaked was a colossal dick move by Source

Apparently he looks for dates on grinder

that explains a lot now.

this was an ode album to le gays.

next

^ I didn't think you'd be the type to believe everything you read in the media.

De mijne is 4x duurder!

Did I say he was 19 when he beefed with nsync. Meant to say he was f u c k I n 3 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Rame View Post
    ^ I didn't think you'd be the type to believe everything you read in the media.
    That’s why i made sure i used the word apparently” before my statement .

yeah he was like 27... i come off as Eminem's biggest supporter in this thread but for me M&M is a top class, A+ emcee no matter how you look it. his flow, word-stringing and syllables is a mixture of Slim Shady, Rakim, Big Daddy Kane, LL Cool J and Wu-Tang, and he does it damn well.... one of the very few artists that has an instantly recognizable style, even from one worse, and that's worth a lot.

i started listening to 'Em in '97-'98, and for his three first albums (not including that demo that happened to be pressed) in the mid-90 and flopped. With albums like "Encore" and "Relapse" the drugs and drug rehabiliation had truly made him miss out on what hot these time.

yet, "Relapse" and "Relapse: Refill" was a fucking dope concept album - which is something i think many listeners miss out on. it tells a story from beggining to end with a few detours, and its' dark and disturbing... kicking off with "3 A.M." he is locked into a psychatrc ward, yet he manages to get a knife from the kitchen and goes on a murderous havoc with only the devilin his air.. I really like this song.

"Recovery" had a few tracks but overall i thought it was prett weak, Em was hardly on his A+ game here, prodtion certainy dn't hrlp hid ommrtgwi. cIGSTRIR BSVK .f

the lofation and the editing wt the Deer Meadow H" is nothing short of stunning, and so was "Havoc's" bonus track - more proof that he need legends like that lace his LP;s, Hie collobabo albums made much more of the confept and played like a film of the mind from beginning to end. I can recall that there was quite a few joints that really knocked homewards - "Ridaz"; "So Bad"; the Havoc outro, "Talkin' to Mysef"; "Cold Wind Blows", etc. the stong problrm here is the colaboration wtih Rick Rubin, his style don't mesh to well with Em.... but yeah, the saga continues!

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

eminem's voice sounds like mister yo belching. isn't grouchy jamar a glorified pop star 'celebrity' these days anyway? he's a clown