Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fishscale is held in super high esteem by more casual wu-fans/hip hop heads

Default Fishscale is held in super high esteem by more casual wu-fans/hip hop heads

Ghost is getting put on a lot of top 10 lists, which he deserves. I think it's interesting that Fishscale is usually cited as the reason why whenever the discussion is had. Anyone else notice that more casual wu fans rank fishscale so highly? Its been called a classic several times.

It's been astronomically overrated from day one. One of the most forgettable albums I've ever heard.

The Thrill of It All spammy sosa's Avatar

not even better than 718 by theodore unit

like it more now that when it came out. I thought it was all over the place, but now I think it's a great album

Quote Originally Posted by spammy sosa View Post
    not even better than 718 by theodore unit

718 is a great album imo

Fishscale is good but feels slightly disjointed at times.
    Retired.

Fuck I haven't heard that Theodore album or the trife one since the years they dropped, I reckon. But both pretty good from memory. Gotta pull em out some thyme. Haven't heard fishscale since the year it dropped either, but I gave it a good chance back then, even wanted to like it, but just totally forgettable to me.

FishScale absolutly blew me away, was my album of the year (2006) & is Ghost's 3rd best (as for now). More Fish was a letdown & BDR was just boring (to me). 718 is a good record, but does not compare with FS. Oh, and FS IS a classic.

nada ignorante

Ironman>>SC>>>Fischscale thats how dope this album is...
    N.I.

Yeah its a classic just under Ironman and SC. It feels like a sequel to SC in a lot of ways. Although theres a few tracks that are not great.

Noel is a non believer when it comes to the god Tony Starks.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    Fuck I haven't heard that Theodore album or the trife one since the years they dropped, I reckon. But both pretty good from memory. Gotta pull em out some thyme. Haven't heard fishscale since the year it dropped either, but I gave it a good chance back then, even wanted to like it, but just totally forgettable to me.
    Trife's album is definitely worth revisiting.

Trife is crazy. I've never heard his album though. I liked BDR and More Fish, bought both.

Fishscale is a bit long.

There are definitely tracks could have been left off, but there's a bunch of bangers on the album.

It's pretty mainstream accessable as well, being that Def Jam was definitely in Ghost's ear about radio play at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Thanks for your hate hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

PRODIGAL SUN

its a good album but def got overrated by the backpacker/casuals because of it being a mainstream album with loads of doom n jdilla.

you really cant go wrong with the album being 80% done by jdilla, doom n pete rock

with that said, if the original versions of BPW and pretty tony were released, itd be the worst (tho still great) of his first 5 albums.

they shoulda just made one major album combining fischscale and more fish but they werre lazy. more fish got like 5-6 great tracks and the rest mediocre.

wizard of poetry is ghosts most udnerrated album. i wouldnt call it anything less than a 3.5/4 mic album and its just as good as fishscale for sure

718 was basically all the tracks cut from ghosts pretty tony album. in fact pretty tony ghosts unreleased material is prolly some of his best material like tonys money, my guitar, gorilla hood, etc

imo:

SC (5/5) > Ironman (4.75/5) >> original BPW (4.5/5)> Original PTA (4.25/5> Fischscale (4/5) > wizard of ppetry (3.75) > big doe rehab, 12 reasons (3.5) >>> apollo kids (3) >> morefish (2.5/5)

i need to give sour soul and 36 seasons another listen
    Last edited by ForensikZ; 12-10-2017 at 05:35 PM.

^yeah word all those albums after sc were pretty forgettable to me, but a lot of those tracks that didn't make it onto albums were Fire. Will go pull out 718 n the trife album now. The next step will b actually ripping them n putting em on my mp3 player, lolz.

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    ^yeah word all those albums after sc were pretty forgettable to me, but a lot of those tracks that didn't make it onto albums were Fire. Will go pull out 718 n the trife album now. The next step will b actually ripping them n putting em on my mp3 player, lolz.
    ihear ya bro. i been doing the same with my iphone, making custom versions of albums with all the cut tracks.

wu in particular has like 4 albums that were dissapointing because of this

but i will say my custom

bpw
    8 diagrams
    pretty toney
    cuban linx 2

are catching crazy burn compared to the album versions. bpw in particular was lackluster but those 4 classic joints added (the watch, the sun, good times, flowers (original)) really turn it right around

pretty tony in particular as well has like 6 tracks cut that if you combine wioth the best of the actual album come out with a real classic imo.(holla, be this way, biscuits, run, metal lungies, etc; with gorilla hood, my guitar, tonys money, the drummer, the splash, ghost heard it before, no no no, fire, etc). really captures the era