Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did Ghost and Trife have a falling out?

Ghosts lyricism has been extra boring lately so maybe. Sometimes it's fine like on 260 or MGM where one of them writes it and both perform it. But just having ppl manufacture songs for you is g a y l

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    Trife has no signs of productivity in the past 4 years, which is amazing given that rap is his career. Ghost has spoken out in his lyrics about cutting people off that are unproductive and has spoken on it in interviews. Something like "had a team full of killers that can't do shit for me", either on the Wild or BadBadNotGood. Also spoke on how he should have been friends with nerds
    Cut off niggas who killed good but couldn't do nothing for me
    Shout 'em out every once in the blue
    And kid yo, I never rocked with longs they keep away, we cool
    It's the god, god.

I don't think Trife and Ghost had a falling out at all. From what I've seen on his IG Trife has been working a regular job and has recently become a father again. As well as working on his new solo album and I'm pretty sure he announced that a new Theodore Unit album is also in the works too. So, I can only assume that he and Ghost are still cool.
    Last edited by bernie mac; 12-23-2017 at 12:52 AM.

fresh from the kitchen CL2coming's Avatar

Trife was heavily involved in Ghost's writing (and yes, that includes full on ghostwriting - pun intended) around the time of Theodore's 718 and on to Fishscale - you can hear it in Ghost's consistent, rhythmic flow from all his verses and features (circa 2004-2007).

More recent projects have been ghostwritten by Shawn Wigs. Sloppier flow. More basic, storytelling rhymes. 36 Seasons has Wigs all over it (his rhymes, backing vocals and even a feature where he raps "n***a"...

Wigs replaced Trife.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by CL2coming View Post
    Trife was heavily involved in Ghost's writing (and yes, that includes full on ghostwriting - pun intended) around the time of Theodore's 718 and on to Fishscale - you can hear it in Ghost's consistent, rhythmic flow from all his verses and features (circa 2004-2007).

More recent projects have been ghostwritten by Shawn Wigs. Sloppier flow. More basic, storytelling rhymes. 36 Seasons has Wigs all over it (his rhymes, backing vocals and even a feature where he raps "n***a"...

Wigs replaced Trife.
    This is hysterical...I actually have thought to myself on multiple tracks, why tf does ghost sound like wigs right now? Now I know why...he sometimes changes the pitch of his voice too and it sounds more like wigs. I know most rappers use ghost writers, but I'm pretty disappointed this seems to be such a frequent thing with ghost.

uh, most rappers don't use ghostwriters and this is unbelievably lame on Ghost's part.
    Also, why pick these squares to write your rhymes lol. They obviously can't make hits or rap that well

PRODIGAL SUN

do the new albums really spound wigs esque? i shoulda known when he started releasing like 4 projects in a year something was up

i would think hes writing supreme clientele tho. if that album has more this recent sound ima be mad

PRODIGAL SUN

uh, most rappers don't use ghostwriters
    You'd be surprised how many rappers start off writing their rhymes and once they've been in the game for a few years, they got other niggas writing for them. Maybe not whole verses, but a bar here and there, maybe half a verse and then they give it their own twist. I know this because I'm a writer for Atlantic's division called APG, and i'm hearing a lot of shit and super surprised when I hear such and such who I'd never imagine have someone write for them.

It's so fucking weird to me that Ghostface has writers, but unfortunately it's undeniable.

Trife Diesel is on the new Moon Crickets album with KP Ghostface and Sheek Louch so he still is Tanging

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

uh, most rappers don't use ghostwriters and this is unbelievably lame on Ghost's part.
    Also, why pick these squares to write your rhymes lol. They obviously can't make hits or rap that well
    Trife writing is cool. Shawn Wigs is ass cheeks. If Trife is writing for Ghostface Killah, that is awesome because Trife will have him sounding hungry.

why can't ghost just write for himself?

jesus

Jamal Arief

Perb, Trife, Wigs, it's undeniable. Don't judge him for it either. Ghost is a character and makes good music. If that's what it takes to stay relevant and keep on doing that, why hate on it? Does anyone doubt Ghost is a real dude??

More on topic: Trife (and TMF) are in the Straight Gutta vid from The Meth Lab. Okay, it's 2015, but not that old. Meth (and I think others in the vid) are even rockin TMF merch.

Peace..

its lame....but ghost has so much classic material that is 100% him that i don't really judge him either. he didnt make a career out of ghostwriters

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post

jesus
    old age = less creativity... i call it getting "barred out"

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post

jesus
    Yep. Absolutely. Stop making excuses, cunts. Any fucking retard can write decent hip hop lyrics. Dude makes a living as a rapper and can't even write his own shit. Lame as fuck and entirely inexcusable. Ghost fans r the worst. If we were talking about someone u don't like u guys would b all over him like he'd been raping kids or something.