Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did Ghost and Trife have a falling out?

Jamal Arief

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    Any fucking retard can write decent hip hop lyrics.
    Look who's talking. You can't even write decent forum posts.

Peace.

^im sorry that you don't find my posts agreeable, and I would only hope that in 2018 we might b able to c eye to eye and develop a mutually fruitful friendship.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal Arief View Post
    Look who's talking. You can't even write decent forum posts.

Peace.

Jamal Arief

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    ^im sorry that you don't find my posts agreeable, and I would only hope that in 2018 we might b able to c eye to eye and develop a mutually fruitful friendship.
    I appreciate that. I just don't know why you don't show the same respect towards the artists. Why not just enjoy what you like and ignore the rest. Or make it better.

Peace.

Shaolin Master

"(Ghost) he's not rhyming like dis no more!"
    Action Ginger Pubes Bronson, 2015

Maybe Ghost should fire Sean Wigs and employ Ginger Pubes to write. Ginger Pubes has after all made a whole career from biting the cadence; delivery; tone; and Lyrics of Ghostface.
    The rusty pubed one will have Ghostface sound like himself in no time.
    The only problem with that is that Tone may be tempted to not bother even recording as well as writing; and be the first emcee to have a ghost writer/rapper.
    He will end up being the Milli Vanilli of Hip-Hop.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrandir View Post

Maybe Ghost should fire Sean Wigs and employ Ginger Pubes to write. Ginger Pubes has after all made a whole career from biting the cadence; delivery; tone; and Lyrics of Ghostface.
    The only problem with that is that Tone may be tempted to not bother even recording as well as writing; and be the first emcee to have a ghost writer/rapper.

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrandir View Post

lmfao that's mad funny

Veteran Member

This is probably an unpopular opinion...but TODAY I would take Action Bronson over Ghost. He CAN'T rhyme like he used to, that's fact. Up to `2000 Ghost on the other hand, different story, he was in a whole different level. I always thought Bronson sounded like Ghost, and there is probably a Fuck load of Ghost influence in his rhymes, but it's hard for any relatively new emcee NOT to sound like someone else..at least a little.

FWIW, if Ghost had to continue using ghost writers, he should hit up Bronson...but those dudes got all butt hurt bc he said Ghost fell off. Truth hurts, though

I wouldn't be upset if I never heard another verse from Trife, Memphis Bleek, Spliff Star, Wigs, Gilla House, Nas' brother etc. The list is really endless of bums that get put on because they're friends with a rapper. I mean some of them are okay, but who cares.

The ghostwriting thing is shameful if its true, To me it just seems lazy, pure and simple. Given the calibre of Ghosts 90s work I think hes capable of writing to the standard of somebody like Wigs.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

I would definitely be upset if I could never hear from Trife again. He is the only dope person mentioned on that list. Difference between Trife and those other people you mentioned is that Trife has actual rap skills. If Trife could hook up with somebody that is popping right now and give him some shine, he could definitely accumulate a fan base outside of hard core Wu nerds.

two niggas from NY can't sustain a friendship for more than 4 years. So having one ghostwrite for you, another NY nigga, is suicide. He's going to go on Forbez DVD and start saying he ghost wrote for you and you're not from Stapleton. If ghost has writers, and he probably does, that's really fucking stupid and sad. For one, you can get writers that make actual hits. Why would you have someone ghost write Back Like That? lol. Go to Drake's writers, take out a fucking loan on your house and get a real hit.

If I had to hire a ghost writer, it's not going to be the kid from across the street lol

also, he's not beefing with ghost and still shows a lot of love https://www.instagram.com/p/BdNdREHl...by=trifecta718

That shirt is dope

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopjunky View Post
    This is probably an unpopular opinion...but TODAY I would take Action Bronson over Ghost. He CAN'T rhyme like he used to, that's fact. Up to `2000 Ghost on the other hand, different story, he was in a whole different level. I always thought Bronson sounded like Ghost, and there is probably a Fuck load of Ghost influence in his rhymes, but it's hard for any relatively new emcee NOT to sound like someone else..at least a little.

FWIW, if Ghost had to continue using ghost writers, he should hit up Bronson...but those dudes got all butt hurt bc he said Ghost fell off. Truth hurts, though
    Word? So you would like The Saga Continues, Don't Sit on the Speakers etc better if it was Action Bronson instead of Ghost? You really stand behind that? You think AB would have been as nice on the This is What It Comes Too Remix?

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by mgammon View Post
    Word? So you would like The Saga Continues, Don't Sit on the Speakers etc better if it was Action Bronson instead of Ghost? You really stand behind that? You think AB would have been as nice on the This is What It Comes Too Remix?
    Actually, maybe. The only ghost spot I recall off the top of my head from the saga continues is his hook on pearl harbor, which was fucking terrible. He was ill on the Rae remix though, but I think Bronson would have murdered that beat too. I have not listened to the kp 4th joint yet, so I can't say anything there, but I may have to look just for ghost verses on there so I can respond back