Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Raekwon - "F.I.L.A." (one of the more underrated albums of the Wu saga)

Melf Nederlandse lifestyle & hiphop community. Voor bazen. De beste website van de wereld.[

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Towers View Post
    wack ass shit : Mr Xcitement, Hillside Scramblers, The Prequel, FILA and 2017's King Just x Pop Da Brown Hornet album. If you take the only really worthwile songs off these albums and combine them you might end up with a solid 9 or 10 track EP/LP.

Notice how Cappa's not included. Even his weak albums always have a handful of good songs. The Cappatalize Project might be his worst, but it's still leagues better than Mr Xcitement and Hillside Scramblers, and did not have to meet the same high expectations from the public as FILA and The Prequel, both of which failed through mainstream beats that missed the mark.
    I can't agree
    I couldn't listen thru Cappa's last project. It's just too much
    He fell off so much

He never was a GOAT or a lyrical MC but he could spit some dope and funny verse but recently Cappa is unbarable to me.

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Cappadonna is really uneven as fuck... he can go from pretty damn excellent to the most cringe worthy shit within a couple of lines these days and sometimes he got amazing beat selections, but maybe more often that not these days he's on amateur tinker bell beats.

the "Hip Hop" mixtape that he dropped earlier this year was fucking STRAIGHT though but flew over so many heads.. had he got that completed and mastered and pressed it up on a nice limited edition vinyl he could easily sell it off the fact that its fucking Pete Rock with Cappadonna. i only listened to that mixtape once so far but i remember being blown away by it so i hope it's as good as i remember it.

i haven't really even tried fucking with "Pillage 2", "Hook Off" and that "Earth, Wynd & Fire" disc.. are they worth checking out?

i'm not joking when i'm saying that his album "The Pilgrimage" was a really dope, solid effort that was much more akin to a Pillage sequel than the actual Part 2 from what i heard:

he never posted the production credits for this album, i would really like to know who was behind these bangers.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

i don't get how people compare "F.I.L.A." to a garbage ass album like "Mr. Xcitement" and "Tical 0: The Prequel" though. Rae brought a good game on it and there's at least a handful of tracks on there that i think any Wu fan should be able to truly enjoy.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    I want to see Claaa really trash an album, just once. Then I can take it when he defends an album like this thats completely forgettable. I mean why not just play 36 Chambers again, you've probably heard it about a thousand times but its still more fun to listen to than this shit.
    i really disliked "Lex Diamond Story", that was fucking ass to me... same with "Tical 0: The Prequel". those are horrible albums by any standard imo. Rebel INS' "Manifesto" is borderline unlistenable to me. the reason i rarely post negative reviews is that i rarely dwell on shit i dislike, including engaging in writing about it. i just keep it moving if it doesn't move me.

i'm not making a case that "F.I.L.A." is some hidden masterpiece but as i was listening to it the other day i was actually kind of suprised at how much better it was than what many on here seem to think. for me it's a decent 3/5 album and it does kind of hold together as an album so unlike Hollow Dartz i think Raekwon managed to succeed with what he set out to do.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    Cappadonna is really uneven as fuck... he can go from pretty damn excellent to the most cringe worthy shit within a couple of lines these days and sometimes he got amazing beat selections, but maybe more often that not these days he's on amateur tinker bell beats.

the "Hip Hop" mixtape that he dropped earlier this year was fucking STRAIGHT though but flew over so many heads.. had he got that completed and mastered and pressed it up on a nice limited edition vinyl he could easily sell it off the fact that its fucking Pete Rock with Cappadonna. i only listened to that mixtape once so far but i remember being blown away by it so i hope it's as good as i remember it.

i haven't really even tried fucking with "Pillage 2", "Hook Off" and that "Earth, Wynd & Fire" disc.. are they worth checking out?

i'm not joking when i'm saying that his album "The Pilgrimage" was a really dope, solid effort that was much more akin to a Pillage sequel than the actual Part 2 from what i heard:

he never posted the production credits for this album, i would really like to know who was behind these bangers.
    That Pilgrimage album is his last good piece of work. Solid album. Last shit I heard before that was Earth Wynd and Fire and that shit was weak.

immobilarity is far superior to ob4cl2 - rae is on fire on that album.

PRODIGAL SUN

i mean everyone loves cl1 and 2... thats def #1 and 2 respectively.

but when it comes to the thirs best rae album i have trouble picking myself.

i was NOT a big fan of shaolin vs wu, fila or the wild but all are pretty good albums but nothing special.

immobilarity however is a weird album.. it has 6-7 TOP TIER rae joints

raekwon - live from new york
    raekwon - casablanca
    raekwon - 100 rounds
    raekwon - jury
    raekwon - the table
    raekwon - sneakers
    raekwon - friday

and i really wish i had a list of all the shit like respect power and spit flames that dropped on the mixtapes round 98-99. even the cream team joints imo were meant for this album but used to get more money by showing up on mad soundtracks. for real rae is on like every soundtrack in the mid to late 90s... lol. wutang cream teamline up and its not a game could easily have fit onto immobilarity cause tehy both have similar sounds.

in my mind i just pretend those songs plus all the classic collabs like:

outkast - skew it on the bar-b
    fat joe - john blaze
    slick rick - frozen
    cocoa brovas - black trump
    roc marciano - lets make a toast
    pete rock - ther game
    busta rhymes - the heist
    onyx - the worst

are all part of the album lol, even witout them songs i still think its better than all raes other albums sides CL1/2...

lex diamond story is def his worst album. has little to no redeeming qualities. i need to give the wild and fila another listen tho

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    i mean everyone loves cl1 and 2... thats def #1 and 2 respectively.

but when it comes to the thirs best rae album i have trouble picking myself.

i was NOT a big fan of shaolin vs wu, fila or the wild but all are pretty good albums but nothing special.

immobilarity however is a weird album.. it has 6-7 TOP TIER rae joints

raekwon - live from new york
    raekwon - casablanca
    raekwon - 100 rounds
    raekwon - jury
    raekwon - the table
    raekwon - sneakers
    raekwon - friday

and i really wish i had a list of all the shit like respect power and spit flames that dropped on the mixtapes round 98-99. even the cream team joints imo were meant for this album but used to get more money by showing up on mad soundtracks. for real rae is on like every soundtrack in the mid to late 90s... lol. wutang cream teamline up and its not a game could easily have fit onto immobilarity cause tehy both have similar sounds.

in my mind i just pretend those songs plus all the classic collabs like:

outkast - skew it on the bar-b
    fat joe - john blaze
    slick rick - frozen
    cocoa brovas - black trump
    roc marciano - lets make a toast
    pete rock - ther game
    busta rhymes - the heist
    onyx - the worst

are all part of the album lol, even witout them songs i still think its better than all raes other albums sides CL1/2...

lex diamond story is def his worst album. has little to no redeeming qualities. i need to give the wild and fila another listen tho
    Respect Power might be my favorite Rae track. Bought the White Boys sndtrk just for that song

add Kids That's Rich to those list of Rae songs. I really need to put together a dope Rae playlist after looking at those tracks forensikz mentioned
    for real rae is on like every soundtrack in the mid to late 90s... lol.
    he even had a song in the Grand Tourismo 3 videogame i used to play all the time and replay his track lol. called Determination

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

I actually purchased Pilgrimage on release day and just skimmed through it. Going to make it a priority to listen to it in the next few days. Sounds like I have been missing out

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    I actually purchased Pilgrimage on release day and just skimmed through it. Going to make it a priority to listen to it in the next few days. Sounds like I have been missing out
    I was unimpressed upon first listen but it's actually GOOD.

enjoy!
    Retired.

Banned

FILA was anus dreadlocks
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.