Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: will 2018 be (another) shit year in hip haap?

yep.

did everyone else sleep on this nerd rap gem, like me?

Shaolin Master

It’s not that us old fucks are mad at trap and mumble rap, we just realize how pointless and garbage it is. That is the truth, just like the bs that the south made in the 00’s. No limit and cash money ruined the south for me. You call it getting mad, I call it, why listen to something that is complete shit. I would rather listen to geto boys, mid 90’s ugk, odd squad, 8 ball and Mjg, outkast. The music was original, funky and just sounded better. The main reason trap and druggie mumble rap get vilified is because it’s complete garbage. If hating this shit makes me an old fuck, then I’ll wear that like a badge of honor

Peace CT

Amen^

young ppl don't listen to these ppl. When it's time for them to release an album they flop 9/10 times. 10/10 if you dont' count 'streaming numbers' hacks. Nobody listens to them. What keeps them alive is people talk about them and tune in to their social media antics, and beefs. They'll each have 1 actual hit and thousands of videos on social media taking pills, making empty threats, and diss someone. I've been around a lot of early 20 year olds and the percentage of them that listen to what we listen to is higher than when I was growing up.

You can tell because a lot of these rappers don't look like actual human beings you see in real life.[/img]

It's about the visual. A look that'll make ppl tune in to you being a scunt on instagram

Quote Originally Posted by derek41 View Post
    It’s not that us old fucks are mad at trap and mumble rap, we just realize how pointless and garbage it is.
    Word. Thats whay i gave up on rap. Yeah sometimes u can find few new gems, such as doppelganngaz, dope beats. but rest... omg mostly its all garbage for retarded kids. Even the ones who considered as dope like i dunno conway or whatever, sounds boring, and that cokane gangsta rap... iam to old for this shit, i mean i can listen this type of shit only from OG's. So fuck new rap. I better listen to other generes. rock, metal, grunge, alternative, electronics, funk, jazz or whatever and avoid this mumbldiksukinrap. So many dope music around, its fuckin a shame listen only to rap.

I have few dope names in my list, rappers witch i respect and love theyr music, such as Evidence, Alchemist, dilated peoples, Doom, cypress/soul assassins, some wu names, and few more. New music from them always welkome, even if its not so good as it use to be.

Quote Originally Posted by derek41 View Post
    It’s not that us old fucks are mad at trap and mumble rap, we just realize how pointless and garbage it is. That is the truth, just like the bs that the south made in the 00’s. No limit and cash money ruined the south for me. You call it getting mad, I call it, why listen to something that is complete shit. I would rather listen to geto boys, mid 90’s ugk, odd squad, 8 ball and Mjg, outkast. The music was original, funky and just sounded better. The main reason trap and druggie mumble rap get vilified is because it’s complete garbage. If hating this shit makes me an old fuck, then I’ll wear that like a badge of honor
    haha, i really don't understand clowns like you. what do you care if there is bad music out there and other people like it?

this is why "hip hop heads" and pretentious aficionados of all kinds are such boring cunts - because all they want to do is insist that they have impeccable taste as if anyone could give a shit.

dunces like yourself proliferate most genres; it's the equivalent of rock fans who whine about how there hasn't been one good album since the 70s.

get over yourself lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    young ppl don't listen to these ppl. When it's time for them to release an album they flop 9/10 times. 10/10 if you dont' count 'streaming numbers' hacks. Nobody listens to them. What keeps them alive is people talk about them and tune in to their social media antics, and beefs. They'll each have 1 actual hit and thousands of videos on social media taking pills, making empty threats, and diss someone. I've been around a lot of early 20 year olds and the percentage of them that listen to what we listen to is higher than when I was growing up.

You can tell because a lot of these rappers don't look like actual human beings you see in real life.[/img]

It's about the visual. A look that'll make ppl tune in to you being a scunt on instagram
    jesus, i don't know where to start with this. i mean, i get it guys, i'm old as fuck as well, but you guys sound like a bunch of bitter geriatrics. how are "streaming" numbers "hacking"? no one buys albums anymore and musicians make money through streaming - that's just how it is.

and woah dude, you hang out with bros in their early 20's! you're plugged in man!

you think all these kids listening to edgy fruitcakes xxxtentacion are in their 20's? they're all 13 year olds who appreciate how "savage" these instagram cornballs are.

most early 20 year olds are virtue signalling faggits who love poasting on their socials about how they "grew up in the wrong generation" and how they're into "real music". they have a lot in common with 30something 90s rap dorks...

nigga shut up, you're just trying to be contrary. Something people like has changed for what is universally accepted as the worst, and they have every right on earth to say it's stupid. I have 2 twenty some-thing brothers and two more twenty something brother in laws so idk where the sarcasm about talking to them about something we mutually enjoy comes from but good job.

You've been on a wutang forum for a decade, trying to act like you have some sort of passive affiliation to hip hop, especially well composed 90's hip hop is completely asinine and nobody's buying it.
    Last edited by TSA; 01-08-2018 at 01:43 PM.

Shaolin Master

You are so right with those insults rainbow. You don’t know me from Adam, but you got me pegged, lol. All I can say is when it comes to hip hop, yes I do have impeccable taste. Lol. Just an example of what I am talking about, My nephew just got into college. Grew up listening to whatever the fuck hip hop has become, and thought he knew what good hip hop is. I just gave him about 50 cd’s of strictly 90’s hip hop. He was texting constantly asking who these artists are and why he had never heard of them, and if his friends can borrow the cd’s. He said he loves that ever cd sounds so different to the next. He now loves the 90’s shit way more than these new cats. Specifically told me that the production was better, the rapping was better, literally everything was better than the shit he has heard for the last 18 years of his life. I like some new stuff too. Not all new hip hop is garbage, but the majority is. The reason we still feel this way in our 40’s about this music is because it is still vastly superior. Old rock heads would rather hear the classics than today’s rock. The music was just better. I grew up with the 90’s grunge scene and 80’s hair bands rock, I didn’t like it, when I heard Hendrix or the other 60’s and 70’s rock, I was blown away by how much better it is. Call me whatever you want, but I am happy to enlighten the young heads that want to listen to golden era hip hop and i’ll Always big it up. Quality will always stand the test of time.

In 50 odd years thyme pretty much no hip hop album that came out after '98 will b remembered. Only the 80's and 90's ones will b. Even shit like m&m and Kane West I don't think will b remembered.

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedAvenger View Post
    2017 was a great year for hip hop, I don't know what the fuck y'all been listening to
    yeah so much underground this year I can't keep count of how many songs in 1 playlist

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
    yep.

did everyone else sleep on this nerd rap gem, like me?

fire! thanks for the links!!

cant believe people say hiphop is dying.. when you have classics like this jewel, that dropped a few months back

big man shaq.

mans not hot.

The ting goes skrrrahh (ah) Pap, pap, ka-ka-ka (ka) Skidiki-pap-pap (pap) And a pu-pu-pudrrrr-boom (boom) Skya (ah) Du-du-ku-ku-dun-dun (dun) Poom, poom

more knowledge than wu forever and gravediggaz albums combined,
    proof that the uk is killing it! unlike the usa, who have crossdressing tattood faggots who get hot.

remixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by soul controller; 01-09-2018 at 05:02 AM.

Last edited by soul controller; 01-09-2018 at 05:08 AM.

nigga shut up, you're just trying to be contrary. Something people like has changed for what is universally accepted as the worst, and they have every right on earth to say it's stupid. I have 2 twenty some-thing brothers and two more twenty something brother in laws so idk where the sarcasm about talking to them about something we mutually enjoy comes from but good job.

You've been on a wutang forum for a decade, trying to act like you have some sort of passive affiliation to hip hop, especially well composed 90's hip hop is completely asinine and nobody's buying it.

haha, what are you talking about my man? you throw words together arbitrarily - my so called "passive affiliation to hip hop" is "asinine"??? i have no idea what you're talking about and you didn't address anything i said.

i'm a white australian who listened to 90s hip hop in the early to mid 2000s; i don't think anyone, anywhere, thinks i have any "affiliation" with the genre. your insinuation that i'm trying to project some divorced, cool attitude about 90s hip hop is just ridiculous (and i've been here for much longer than a decade you disrespectful swine). since the analogy is apt, i'l revisit it: i enjoy 70s rock music, but the idea that everything which came after it is inferior just limits your enjoyment of music. all music elitists go on and on about how much they know and love "real music" while ironically dismissing new and original takes on genres as trash.

guys whining about new music has existed in rap music and all genres forever and it's fucking lame. you may enjoy this forum being the equivalent of the youtube comment section of KRS-ONE solo albums, but it rankles with me. people can voice their opinion as they please and i'll voice mine - but how about trying to outline a cogent point rather than "that is just the truth" or "shut up nigga"?

and why the fuck do i care you have relatives in their 20's lol? - you called "streaming numbers" "hacks" in the year 2018!!!

2017 was a great fucking year for all music - the fact that you guys spent the year replaying old shit and shaking your heads at teenagers with dyed hair, doesn't change that.
    Last edited by rainbow; 01-09-2018 at 09:49 AM.