Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: will 2018 be (another) shit year in hip haap?

Default will 2018 be (another) shit year in hip haap?

Everything that came out last year from my recollection was shit. Anything to look forward to?

Shaolin Master

As far as mainstream rap then yes, this year will be shit. I liked quite a few underground albums last year. The god fahim and his 1000 lp’s has plenty of dope shit. Grizelda put out some good stuff. The static selectah 8 album was pretty good. The mainstream artists on that ruined good tracks, but there were really dope songs from Raekwon, Rtj, Sean p...etc

yeah we got a ton of dope shit in 2017, westside and conway's 2017 catalog alone will be getting replay for several months. And I really don't even check out much new hip hop.
    don't expect much from mainstream as usual though, but idk, the cycle of completely dumbed down drug addict music has to take a turn at some point I have to assume

TSA what music do you listen to now that hip hop sucks?

De mijne is 4x duurder!

nothing lol. that's the worst part. I recently tried to get into MF Doom but everything I heard was ass. Any suggestions?
    The Dogg Pound's first album was my most recent pleasant discovery. Always thought Kurupt was really underrated.

I recently tried to get into MF Doom but everything I heard was ass.
    well thats disappointing...thats my fav artist outside of Wu-Tang and a huge catalog
    Vaudeville Villain is a top 5 hip hop album all time for me, Madvillain's dope, MM Food, ect

ill check out vaudeville villian. I know a lot of ppl like him on here and I like Angels with Ghost. thank man

I like some of the mumbly/R&B shit thats coming out now, but I get how far removed it is from the Hip Hop we all grew up with, its generally not very lyrical and people are singing on slow bpms.

I liked some regular Hip Hop shit last year but there wasn't anything amazing to me. I think the genre is kind of transitioning into being old and irrelevant the way rock music is now. A study said the average age when people shut off from new music is 34, I feel like I'm approaching that mentally as well as literally tbh.

New Evidence album finaly dropin this month, the most awaited album for me.

And looking for new cypress hill record this year.

@ShaDynasty. Yeah the shit's getting extra played out, though there's really nothing there to replace it. Maybe we'll have a generation of kids that really aren't into music? Because even the mumbly ppl get 50% of their buzz from people saying their shit. Young people don't even listen to them. It's like 50% hate, 30% fans 20% people that aren't fans but are trying to look relevant. Unless it's their instagram antics than yeah, they're fucking crackin.

There's always been 'the bullshit' in rap though. Except now the non-bullshit is stale and lame too. It's becoming more about having a strange look (like rock n roll) and doing stupid shit on social media than actually making music.

There's a 'buzzing' rapper named Boonk that has like 2 actual songs and 99% of his buzz is him being stupid to ppl on live stream.

Far As doom goes, madvilliany is the last hip hop album I've heard that I consider a classic. I really dig venemous villian but u prob wouldn't (tsa). Dude's not a great mc. He put out 3 or 4 albums one year n it's clear a lot of lyrics r straight rubbish just entirely driven by rhyme schemes (I did a thread about it here once where nobody agreed n got upset n I even got neg rep n shit, people telling me he was a great lyricist. Was Top notch lolz). But he made some cool music. People saying that born for this or whatever that throwaway crap was called was like album of the year or something was prob the best confirmation I ever had that hip hop had well n truly gone to shit. That n fishscale.

Fuck I'm being a negative cunt.

Best doom shit was when he threw mf Grimm a bunch of beats for the special herbs n spices tape. Straight raw no frills gutter shit, ya heard?

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    Far As doom goes, madvilliany is the last hip hop album I've heard that I consider a classic. I really dig venemous villian but u prob wouldn't (tsa). Dude's not a great mc. He put out 3 or 4 albums one year n it's clear a lot of lyrics r straight rubbish just entirely driven by rhyme schemes (I did a thread about it here once where nobody agreed n got upset n I even got neg rep n shit, people telling me he was a great lyricist. Was Top notch lolz). But he made some cool music. People saying that born for this or whatever that throwaway crap was called was like album of the year or something was prob the best confirmation I ever had that hip hop had well n truly gone to shit. That n fishscale.

Fuck I'm being a negative cunt.

Best doom shit was when he threw mf Grimm a bunch of beats for the special herbs n spices tape. Straight raw no frills gutter shit, ya heard?
    yeah, i didn't think he was a great rapper either. horrible delivery, weak lyrics. He's also unbelievably uncool. I just thought I was listening to his 'A Better Tomorrow' and chalked it up to not knowing where to start. Everyone that fucks with wutang fucks with him so yeah. I like his beats a lot. My first intro to his music was Angels with Ghost which I like so i'm looking for more stuff like that or better.

17 was a tremendous year for real hip hop music my brother

How?

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    I just looked up what a BOONK is. It's a 145lb creature that flails around in briefs on stage for puzzled white teenagers. TSA is into some weird shit.

the irony of you finding him on a gossip video. Idk if I'm saying something everyone already knows but gossiping about rappers is more popular than hip hop at the moment. anyone talking about mumble rap is talking about 2016. Right now guys like Boonk, Tekashi, lil red Cardi B and tentententacion don't even have to release songs. They just have to keep insulting each other on live streams for portly badger looking doughmen to gossip about it. There are like 100 new gossip channels and like 6 new rappers, 2 of them rap.

And all of the 'casual hip hop fans' who are in all reality leeches with no personality are glued.
    Last edited by TSA; 01-05-2018 at 09:50 AM.

21 Savage is good and bank account is fucking hilarious. I've also grown an affinity for Kodak Black because he's literally an insect with guns

@Noel, Madvillainy came out in 2004, and there have been classics after that though most of the ppl on here wouldn't agree or understand because that's when they checked out and that's around the time that hip hop with international appeal and marketing ended.
    Last edited by TSA; 01-05-2018 at 09:57 AM.