Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best comeback album in Wu/Beez history?

^yeah it's a comeback, but not a very big one. I mean dopium was a good album, but nobody ever really talks about it do they?

I think Dopium would have been taken more seriously without those shit remixes tacked on at the end.

As it stands Dopium was a return to form for Uey, which was later confirmed by Keynote Speaker. I hope Venom will follow the same path.
    Retired.

do those who do not understand how "Suprme CLientele" could and should be on this list most likely did not listen to the Wu in the years preceeding it... from "Enter The Wu-Tang" to "Wu-Tang Forever" and all the solos in between we all had the feeling that Wu-Tang was invinsible and they had set the bar so high abd for so long that anything that wasn't as dope as the early Wu albums and "6 Feet Deep" was seen as somewhat a disappointment. when we got the news that Raekwon, U-GOD, GZA, RZA as Bobby Digital, Method Man, Inspetah Deck, Ol' Dirty Bastard + Method Man & Redman were all scheduled to drop new LP:s between 1998 and 1999 we were in 7th heaven.

now as good as many of those albums with each of those albums for each of those releases we were at the time slightly disappointed. as for GZA's album we all expected the "sequel" to "Liquid Swords", same with "Immobilarity" after "Ob4cl", Inspectah Deck's debut that we all had waited for, U-God's debut, RZA's "In Stereo" is an album i absolutely LOVE now but at the time a lot of us was like WTF is this, this doesn't even really sound like Wu. add to that the fact that the market was saturated with Wu related projects by the likes of Shyheim, GP Wu, LA The Darkman, Sunz Of Man, Killah Priest.. again all albums that we look highly upon in this day and age but at the time all of this had a lot of people feeling like the Wu couldn't deliver a classic album (as in the masterpieces they constantly dropped in the past). then out of the blue Ghostface comes out with "Supreme Clientele" and the feeling that brought was pretty much EXACTLY what all Wu fans wanted, it had the sound of a cohessive masterpiece. so there's no doubt that it's a comeback album in a sense... besides that i think the only comeback album the Wu has EVER dropped is probably "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx Pt. 2".

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    I explained why in my post

U-God had virtually no credibility as a solo artist just before Dopium was released though - Mr Xctiement was the wackest Wu album ever but he also put out Hillside Scramblers which sucked equal amounts of smeg knob. I would say Dopium was a comeback after that
    I would definitely agree on Dopium. I've never bought another Uey project aside from GAR and Dopium. His other work is shit imo...and even GAR has a lot of questionable tracks

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    do those who do not understand how "Suprme CLientele" could and should be on this list most likely did not listen to the Wu in the years preceeding it... from "Enter The Wu-Tang" to "Wu-Tang Forever" and all the solos in between we all had the feeling that Wu-Tang was invinsible and they had set the bar so high abd for so long that anything that wasn't as dope as the early Wu albums and "6 Feet Deep" was seen as somewhat a disappointment. when we got the news that Raekwon, U-GOD, GZA, RZA as Bobby Digital, Method Man, Inspetah Deck, Ol' Dirty Bastard + Method Man & Redman were all scheduled to drop new LP:s between 1998 and 1999 we were in 7th heaven.

now as good as many of those albums with each of those albums for each of those releases we were at the time slightly disappointed. as for GZA's album we all expected the "sequel" to "Liquid Swords", same with "Immobilarity" after "Ob4cl", Inspectah Deck's debut that we all had waited for, U-God's debut, RZA's "In Stereo" is an album i absolutely LOVE now but at the time a lot of us was like WTF is this, this doesn't even really sound like Wu. add to that the fact that the market was saturated with Wu related projects by the likes of Shyheim, GP Wu, LA The Darkman, Sunz Of Man, Killah Priest.. again all albums that we look highly upon in this day and age but at the time all of this had a lot of people feeling like the Wu couldn't deliver a classic album (as in the masterpieces they constantly dropped in the past). then out of the blue Ghostface comes out with "Supreme Clientele" and the feeling that brought was pretty much EXACTLY what all Wu fans wanted, it had the sound of a cohessive masterpiece. so there's no doubt that it's a comeback album in a sense... besides that i think the only comeback album the Wu has EVER dropped is probably "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx Pt. 2".
    SC as a solo comeback album, not really...maybe that's what the thinking is here, since Ghost did not fall off between Ironman and SC. Wu material in general? Sure. We were blessed with a mixed bag during the late 90s...I know I was waiting on the classic album I knew they could produce. Uncontrolled Substance broke my heart.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post

Ghost never fell off from Ironman so it's NOT a comeback album.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Supreme Clientele is regarded as a comeback for Wu Tang overall; generals, the group itself and affiliates for many people at the time said Wu Tang as a whole was putting out garbage from the generals to the affiliates. So this was seen as the most well rounded release in a few years.

Banned

Supreme Clientele might be a return to form for Wu Tang credibility but it’s not even better than Ghost’s album that came before it, it’s not a comeback album to me.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

Liquid swords. Ain’t even close
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

^agree.

nada ignorante

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    Supreme Clientele might be a return to form for Wu Tang credibility but it’s not even better than Ghost’s album that came before it, it’s not a comeback album to me.
    still a classic album though.
    N.I.

SC can't be a comeback album for reasons stated by those above.
    I think the true comeback album is OBFCL2. what an album. I have had Gihad stuck in my head 24/7 for several years now and I need to see a doctor!

nada ignorante

Quote Originally Posted by That Go 2 Massapequa View Post
    SC can't be a comeback album for reasons stated by those above.
    I think the true comeback album is OBFCL2. what an album. I have had Gihad stuck in my head 24/7 for several years now and I need to see a doctor!
    She take a bone like a rib eye steak LOL
    N.I.

LOL -

the Richard Gere line is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by hotnikks View Post
    She take a bone like a rib eye steak LOL
    " Fifty caliber street sweepers shots from Shaolin that go to Massapequa." - Gza

Ya'll fags need 2 realize that 36 Chambers was the comeback album 4 The GZA, not Liquid Swords. Get ya'll timeline straight. Oh & Ghost didn't need a comeback album, The Wu did (after 98/00).