Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best comeback album in Wu/Beez history?

PRODIGAL SUN

Grandaddy Flow not his best album but fuck it throw it in there, he never got credit on killarmy albums for manning the helm

SC never felt like a comeback album to me either, but I got into Wu in 1997 so most of their classics were still fresh to me by that time. Plus Wu had a ton of dope material within 2 years of SC dropping IMO - Red N Meth, Tical 2000, Bobby Digi, Heavy Mental was only 2 years old. They weren't in a complete slump like when CL2 dropped

how the hell is supreme clientele on this list for some people? did yall really not like Ironman? you have to look at this on an individual basis or group basis in my opinion. you cant call supreme clientele a comeback album because some other member or group associated with wutang put out a wack album before supreme clientele came out, you have to look at ghostfaces previous album, which was ironman which is a certified hip hop classic. OB4CL2 does fit the bill here though, thats probably where my vote is going...

Keynote Speaker

Banned

Pretty much none of these albums mentioned are a comeback album. MAYBE CL2 is but Rae had put out the hottest collection of mixtapes in the lead up to CL2 banger after banger

I would say the only album mentioned that could be considered a comeback album was Dopium
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Dopium or 421... The Day After Because The Prequel was weak and Mr. Excitement was Horrible!
    Yo!

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    Pretty much none of these albums mentioned are a comeback album. MAYBE CL2 is but Rae had put out the hottest collection of mixtapes in the lead up to CL2 banger after banger

I would say the only album mentioned that could be considered a comeback album was Dopium
    but mixtapes arent technically official albums

Quote Originally Posted by Comptilla View Post
    Dopium or 421... The Day After Because The Prequel was weak and Mr. Excitement was Horrible!
    i could agree with this two albums as well

Banned

I don’t remember saying mixtapes were albums. He was still putting out hot shit one after the other proving he hasn’t lost it which was contributing to the hype of CL2.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

PRODIGAL SUN

i was so happy listening to cuban linx 2 the first time because it really restored that feeling after a cpl years of solid but not "wu classic" level releases plus it was the first time the whole clan czme back together for a solo since 04 with no said date. and it was dope so dope.

i remember hearing pyrex vision and feeling like i was 9 years old again

Veteran Member

Definitely Raekwon with Cuban Linx 2. The build up and hype was crazy and the album was definitely dope.

nada ignorante

Yep! Ironman is still better than SC. Ghost can never come back from that LOL
    N.I.

I really don't think there r any notable 'comeback' albums in the wu's body of work. Yeah dopium was a good album after a terrible one, n CL2 a good album after a shit one, but neither were big 'comebacks' at all.

The best way it could happen is if the whole clan did a really strong album after abt. That'd b a big comeback.

Supreme Clientele was a great comeback 4 the Wu & then they blew it with The W.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    I don’t remember saying mixtapes were albums. He was still putting out hot shit one after the other proving he hasn’t lost it which was contributing to the hype of CL2.
    then why are you mentioning mixtapes, when the thread title clearly says albums?

Banned

I explained why in my post

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    I really don't think there r any notable 'comeback' albums in the wu's body of work. Yeah dopium was a good album after a terrible one, n CL2 a good album after a shit one, but neither were big 'comebacks' at all.

The best way it could happen is if the whole clan did a really strong album after abt. That'd b a big comeback.
    U-God had virtually no credibility as a solo artist just before Dopium was released though - Mr Xctiement was the wackest Wu album ever but he also put out Hillside Scramblers which sucked equal amounts of smeg knob. I would say Dopium was a comeback after that

Quoting ≠ Agreement.