Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: U-God - Venom (March 30th 2018)

I'm listening to this now for the first time... shit is pretty dope so far!

The intro track is dope, U-G rhyming his ass off!

Epicenter is dope as fuck. Climate is my favourite track so far. Choco absolutely kills it on the beat on this one, and Scotty Wotty is on this track too!

Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by Pattch82 View Post
    I'm listening to this now for the first time... shit is pretty dope so far!

The intro track is dope, U-G rhyming his ass off!

Epicenter is dope as fuck. Climate is my favourite track so far. Choco absolutely kills it on the beat on this one, and Scotty Wotty is on this track too!

Peace!
    Great to hear people are enjoying the album. I'd love to he1r your thoughts on some of the other tracks, Pattch.

Peace
    Retired.

^^ I'll give a quick run through of my initial thoughts after two full listens...

Exordium - dope intro track. Kinda setting the scene for the album. U-God raps "Please take your seat and enjoy my presentation, came out of hibernation to present my new creation"

Unstoppable - Not really feeling this one... trap style beat. U-God rides these kind of beats well, but it's not for me.

Epicenter - We all heard this banger. Dope as fuck!!

Bit Da Dust - We've heard this one too... dope beat. U-God hold his own on this one. DJ Homicide & Choco on the beat.

Elegance - Not really feeling this one either. Wack singer on the hook. Too mellow for me. Green Lantern on the beat.

Climate - Probably my favourite track at the minute. Absolute banga!! Choco gave U-God a monster beat here! Ominous piano keys throughout and then epic sounding strings on the hook! U-God and Scotty rip it to shreds!

Venom - Meh. Green Lantern beat isn't great, but U-G does his thing.

Felon - Large Pro comes through with a banger. Dope beat. One of the better tracks on the album.

Legacy - Homicide & Choco come through again with a dope beat.

Whole World Watchin' - Lord Finesse co-produced this one and it's dope as hell... up there with Climate as one of my favourite tracks on here.

XXX - Meth rips this one but the beat isn't great. And... is that U-God singing the autotune hook???!!!!

Jackpot - Scotty Wotty solo track over a dope Homicide & Choco beat. There's a strange effect on the vocals though, makes it sound like it was recorded over the phone or some shit.

Wisdom - Intro has U-God's moms talking about him coming up. U-God then spits some grown man uplifting shit over a decent Choco beat.

Venom (Green Lantern Remix) - Bonus track on the CD... this remix is much better than the original version featured earlier on the album!

Peace!

Yup, gonna be a banger. Can’t wait to unlock it on my preorder in itunes

Veteran Member

I think as of right now only an edited version of the album has leaked

nada ignorante

Quote Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
    I think as of right now only an edited version of the album has leaked
    theres the uncensored version also 320 kbps, also leaked.
    N.I.

I'm feeling it. U-God has probably had the least impressive solo career out of the Clan, and he still has some issues with his songwriting here but overall its a solid listen. The beats are pretty cool, except 'Wisdom' which is kind of like a Just Blaze Trap beat but not in a good way. All the stuff with Scotty Wotty was dope, I think in general it would be better if U-God surrounded himself with more guests here but he did create some good solo songs like 'Felon' and 'Venom'.

'XXX' and 'Wisdom' are the only tracks here I don't like. If U-God left out the autotune 'XXX' would be better.

nada ignorante

U-Gods got quite a great discography now. Four albums are straight fire and one album is average (Mr X.)
    N.I.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Checked Best Buy web page and do not see it anywhere in my area. Will go tomorrow and see if they have it in stock.

-Diamond in the Rough- 3rdEyeVizion's Avatar

Epicenter.. What a track! Album is nice. It ain’t better than his last two tho..

I think this lp is more consistant than hos last 2.. the highs might not be as extreme but its pretty damn solid throughput.. Ueys killing it here. Dope listen after reading RAW

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Better than Keynote Speaker but worst than Dopium. Shit's cool though and as Claaa said, it's nice to listen when reading Raw

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Veteran Member

Some real fire tracks, some really whack tracks after first listen. Better than I thought it would be tbh. Need to give it a few more spins but overall a decent release

nada ignorante

I actually dont mind the auto tune in XXX, the beat is fresh as fuck.
    N.I.

Just heard it today...I'm impressed. Mans still got it....Nice!