Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blade runner 2049

Default Blade runner 2049

oh yes!!!

hell yeah
    I need more dark sci fi movies in my life, and less happy go lucky superheros

Quote Originally Posted by Mumm Ra View Post
    hell yeah
    I need more dark sci fi movies in my life, and less happy go lucky superheros
    agreed
    the latest trailers are looking promising, since alien convenant , I'm lowering expectations a tad bit though

You didn't like Covenant? I was pretty into it tbh with David and everything although its not the best of the series.

But Blade Runner is some pretty big shoes to fill, its sensible to not expect that level from the sequel. You know this is like 2hrs 45mins long? I hope thats justified.

yeah i didnt mind alien covenant, I just saw it on my firestick over the weekend.

I didn't hate it, enjoyed it for most part
    I just can't forgive now they butchered the whole engineers storyline in one scene.

^^ they included that scene just to have a gateway to yet another Alien movie

IIRC from what I read over a week ago Scott has 5(!) more Alien movies in mind. that time lapse between the 2 latest film would constitute the very next movie

I liked Covenant better than the previous movie. of course it's still an Alien movie so 90% of any crew is gonna make extremely dumb decisions to get the movie going and to keep it rolling lol. that replacement captain in Covenant must be the worst of them in a long while though. it's kind of a let down they didn't work his religious angle more, it was an original touch to the movie imo
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    I didn't hate it, enjoyed it for most part
    I just can't forgive now they butchered the whole engineers storyline in one scene.
    But I figure the engineers are so advanced they must be all over the universe, I'm sure theres still a chance to figure out Shaws question in Prometheus, why humans were created and why they were planning to destroy them. I wanted to know the answer too but Fassbender was so compelling that I was glad they went in that direction.

Going to watch Blade Runner 1 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Towers View Post
    ^^ they included that scene just to have a gateway to yet another Alien movie

IIRC from what I read over a week ago Scott has 5(!) more Alien movies in mind. that time lapse between the 2 latest film would constitute the very next movie

I liked Covenant better than the previous movie. of course it's still an Alien movie so 90% of any crew is gonna make extremely dumb decisions to get the movie going and to keep it rolling lol. that replacement captain in Covenant must be the worst of them in a long while though. it's kind of a let down they didn't work his religious angle more, it was an original touch to the movie imo
    If thats true about the time lapse then they may deal with the question of the engineers in the next movie if it gets greenlit (Scott might be having some trouble there?). Shaw & David may have had previous contact with the engineers before David decided to holocaust them. Presumably he didn't kill Shaw right away.

Blade Runner 1 is in my all time movie top ten

just about every scene is pitch perfect and the overall atmosphere of the threat/beauty of mortality ... just wow

there's a four hour cut I would chop off my hand for. that's a whopping extra 2 hours. it was only shown to studio people.I wish I could have been there. sure it would be too long and the movie would lose its pace, but it'd be nice being in that same atmosphere for a while longer
    Retired.

^ Yeah theres a lot of classic movies that I would watch long versions of. Of course sometimes they were left out for a reason but I'm never going to watch any 'deleted scenes' that show up on blu-ray extras so they might as well edit them into long versions.

Blade Runner definitely holds up. The visuals are beautiful and it has film noir elements that you rarely see these days combined with the sci-fi exploration of mortality which is very cool and unique. The director handling the sequel seems like a good choice and Harrison Ford said its the best script he ever read so it should be a worthy sequel.

I never thought Ridley Scott could top the last blade runner ....
    Ryan Gosling casting=perfect
    A futuristic dystopian world=perfect
    Dystopian technology=perfect
    A dark dystopian atmosphere=perfect
    A world with no sun how I love it=perfect
    A whole new story, well written to compliment the first=perfect
    The flying cars in all their glory=perfect
    Jared Leto=perfect
    Cinematography with crazy visuals=perfect
    The lighting, combination of darkness with minimal tones of light and neon here and there =PURE PERFECTION

This year, this is the best movie to me so far this year
    Fucking 9.8/10
    Mind blown man

watched this a second time yesterday, probably already in my top 10 favorite movies of all time

I watched this on the plane.

Didn't find it very memorable.

De mijne is 4x duurder!

THATS THE problem rame
    you watched it on a plane, u need a huge screen with surround sound and all the works to truly appreciate this