Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: NickyGooch & Sons Landscaping & Dry-Cured Italian Meat tips

I live in the South where we are constantly battling fire ants. It's almost impossible to completely rid of them. It's like playing whack a mole. I use poison kill one mound another one pops up somewhere else.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by b-dolo View Post
    Colorado blue diamond spruce
    They’re slower growers relatively speaking. I don’t know how old the one in my backyard is but it’s probably around 50-60 feet tall.

The ABBOTT

Banned

They really just hate anyone who takes good care of their private property.

The jealousy knows no bounds.

Banned

my lawn doesn't look horrible, but i think next year, i'm going to NichChooch the fuck out of it. Milorganite and everything else. i see this dude across the street from me babying his lawn everyday and it looks like trash. i'm going to make him jealous in 2022

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Artsdradamus View Post
    my lawn doesn't look horrible, but i think next year, i'm going to NichChooch the fuck out of it. Milorganite and everything else. i see this dude across the street from me babying his lawn everyday and it looks like trash. i'm going to make him jealous in 2022
    Start MILORGANITE now, Art. Do an application july 4th, Labor Day and mid November.

Bedwork is key, weedeating, the high pro glo and the edge are key to the professional look.

Banned

If you mulch get the good stuff from a supply yard. Don’t buy that bagged crap.

The ABBOTT

Is milogranite a fertilizer only, or does it provide any assistance for weed control? Suggest something for weed, if milogranite doesn't cover.

^^I'm clueless about lawns but I found this up to date list with 8 weed kill profucts available in the US, mentioning their specialty area too (lawn, flower bed etc)

https://www.thespruce.com/best-weed-killers-4173508

maybe Dooch is familiar with some of these products and can share experiences
    Retired.

Banned

BioAdvanced now makes a 5 in 1 granular that is a weed killer, weed preventer, crabgrass killer, crabgrass preventer and fertilizer that’s all in one product. So you don’t have to buy 5 different products for each part of the season like Scott’s.

Banned

BioAdvanced now makes a 5 in 1 granular that is a weed killer, weed preventer, crabgrass killer, crabgrass preventer and fertilizer that’s all in one product. So you don’t have to buy 5 different products for each part of the season like Scott’s.

Art whenever I spot that beard in your avatar I keep thinking that's what your lawn must look like. That's gotta take 20 plus products
    Retired.

The ABBOTT

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Artsdradamus View Post
    I was thinking about getting a lawn roller to get those ball park stripes. That's what you need in 2022.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by b-dolo View Post
    Is milogranite a fertilizer only, or does it provide any assistance for weed control? Suggest something for weed, if milogranite doesn't cover.
    Milorganite is an organic fertilizer mostly nitrogen it does not kill weeds.

To get rid of weeds use a weed killer fertilizer, or just spot spray trouble areas.

There are a lot of different kinds, depends what you are dealing with. But be careful you don’t want to spray when it’s over 80 degrees it’ll burn the grass.

I do the scots weed and feed in late may, then I spot spray thereafter.

The weed and feed is pretty effective for the dandelions but spot spraying is more effective on lover and oxalis, I find. I still have some oxalis spots but it’s been hot so I haven’t hit them yet.
    Last edited by Dooch; 06-27-2021 at 03:37 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    Art whenever I spot that beard in your avatar I keep thinking that's what your lawn must look like. That's gotta take 20 plus products
    rob made that avatar. I’m surprised you haven’t deleted that too