Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Atlanta Season 2 just started

Default Atlanta Season 2 just started

Haven't seen this talked about on here. The show is fantastic, I think any Hip Hop fan would appreciate it, great blend of drama and comedy.

excellent

i love this show

The ABBOTT

Is this ever coming back? Great series, needs one more season.

^^Here's an extensive update on the show's status dating back to September

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a...-update-delay/

I can't comment on the show itself. It wasn't aired round here.
    Retired.

The ABBOTT

Awesome, thanks for the info. There are very few shows i feel the need to watch every episode, this is one though. Hopefully you can find a way to watch it at some point.

Yeah it's one of the best shows going. Glover took a year off to do other stuff then obviously this year happened which has delayed the next seasons even more.

I've watched the first 2 seasons a few times now. I wonder if once they shoot S3 & 4 that will be the end of the show.

I watched the first two seasons. Haven't seen season 3. Though I like the show, I only watch it casually. It's not the kind of show I binge watch. Partly because each episode isn't necessarily following off the previous one. You can kind of miss episodes and not be lost in the show. Each one has its own plot line. Kind of like seinfeld. Each show has its own little twist or situation you can relate to, but no deep message about life or grandiose vision a director/producer/writer were trying to convey. It seems like rural Savannah or Augusta Georgia area small town projects best rapper in small hood tale about people who half ass their way through life day to day. But it is entertaining. Normal stuff happens. Leaving a jacket in a club. A blogger talking trash about you. Going to your girlfriend's home town. Going out on a date and not having enough money to pay the bill.

The relationship between Earn and Van isn't really convincing. And i thought episodes like the one where they go to a German Festival were boring as hell and not even believable. The episode about going to a Drake party was stupid.

One of my favorite episodes is Teddy Perkins. He goes to pick up a piano and it gets weird. LaKeith Stanfield does a good job playing Darius. But he's not in all the episodes.

The episode about hunting down a blogger was funny.

about time. lets gooo

in the trailer the girl sings Outkast's 'So Fresh So Clean' chorus in Dutch with a slight American accent. I read in the papers because Paper Boi is going touring in Europe and part of an episode will be situated in Amsterdam
    Retired.

At the end of S2 they're travelling to Europe to tour.

You saw the show Hal?

No, sadly it is unavailable down here.
    Retired.

The ABBOTT

Just got around to finishing the latest season. The episodes that are not focused on the main cast were way better in my opinion. Still a great season overall. Thumbs up for me.

Just started the new season. Already its very provocative - child killers, blackface, 2Pac dying in a very undignified way...

It feels like I need all the pieces of the puzzle. People have even said that the episode order is more about following the concept rather than a linear story.

Liam Neeson showing up was random. I have 2 episodes left, still not sure how to feel about season 3.

Its surreal, and always fascinating to watch but on a few episodes it just felt like a bunch of stuff happening with some pseudo philosophical racial talk in place of a real stories.

The separate stories are really good. It feels like a shame to end the show after S4 when they could easily keep going and exploring that stuff alongside the main cast shows.