Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Feds are taking OUATIS, Judge has ruled....

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    I cant address your legal questions re: government at the advice of legal council. A leak however is not in anyone's benefit. As we've always said, the value of this album hinges on exclusivity. Keep it hidden and it retains value, leak it and it loses not only its intrinsic value but also it's public appeal value. If this thing had leaked, nobody would be talking about it right now. But because it's played out the way it did, this thing keeps making headlines, major ones. Remember, on March 26th this will the fourth year since its initial announcement. What album has been talked about this much? What album has continued to trend this many times on social media? For me personally, that's an incredible achievement for something I conceptualized. To see it being talked about by mass media globally, make front page CNN twice, being tweeted about by the FBI, by the House Of Representatives, being discussed by Congress and now seized by the US Federal Government... I'm kinda anxious to see how much further this tale will stretch... So from that aspect I wouldnt want to see it leaked. I like seeing how far this one concept can stretch, for pure egotistical reasons sure. Mystery is everything.

And lastly, someone here said that it didnt matter how good the album was, if leaked it would always be a disappointment simply because of how much this has been played up. You'd always be like "hm ok, is this what all the hype is about?".. And I couldn't agree more.. For the sake of its legendary status, the best thing for this album would be disappearance or destruction. Spirituality outlives physicality.
    frankly, i dont think most people care about the value of the album, most just want to hear the music on it

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

What Meth would have is what others would have.. a different beat with a similar bmp to the final version that noone has and he would only have an instrumental, not verses from anyone.

Like value of Picasso painting decreseas If people take pictures of it...wtf... Art's value should not be thought only in dollars, but that CREAM seems to be the only interest here.

I can't even listen to "I" anymore because of this bullshit.

I grew up studying wu and this shit is opposite to everything i have learned. Wu-Tang is for the children!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    I cant address your legal questions re: government at the advice of legal council. A leak however is not in anyone's benefit. As we've always said, the value of this album hinges on exclusivity. Keep it hidden and it retains value, leak it and it loses not only its intrinsic value but also it's public appeal value. If this thing had leaked, nobody would be talking about it right now. But because it's played out the way it did, this thing keeps making headlines, major ones. Remember, on March 26th this will the fourth year since its initial announcement. What album has been talked about this much? What album has continued to trend this many times on social media? For me personally, that's an incredible achievement for something I conceptualized. To see it being talked about by mass media globally, make front page CNN twice, being tweeted about by the FBI, by the House Of Representatives, being discussed by Congress and now seized by the US Federal Government... I'm kinda anxious to see how much further this tale will stretch... So from that aspect I wouldnt want to see it leaked. I like seeing how far this one concept can stretch, for pure egotistical reasons sure. Mystery is everything.

And lastly, someone here said that it didnt matter how good the album was, if leaked it would always be a disappointment simply because of how much this has been played up. You'd always be like "hm ok, is this what all the hype is about?".. And I couldn't agree more.. For the sake of its legendary status, the best thing for this album would be disappearance or destruction. Spirituality outlives physicality.
    like I said before ''out of sight out of mind''
    while the concept is probably the only kind of any type of credit I can give you this still would not have happened without that ''W'' without the ''WU'' without the LOGO
    shit without "THE ABBOT" howcome you didn't try this with Lin Brotherz or Most High Brotherz or perhaps with your real good recording friends when you were just starting to leech off the brand name. I mean those are your beats on OUATIS right? hmmmmmm your concept would not have gone anywhere without the real WUTANG CLAN magic behind it. So maybe that's why Clifford Smith says "Still prostituting my crew."

CILVARINGZ you are the one that has to keep reminding or posting new articles about this topic. you keep bringing it up. I don't wake up and think of OUATIS and go surfing the net for new articles or write ups on it. shit I only know about it because I come on this forum. that said man you better keep bringing this shit up til your old and grey cause like I said " OUT OF SIGHT OUT OF MIND"

but no worries my real die hard WUTANG CLAN fans. check this out. http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho...smx-is-coming-!!!!!!!

Appreciate the reply Ringz. I am a fan of your style so selfishly I would like to hear more generals over your beats in the form if this album if released in any way.

But I agree, it is insane how far this has gone. Never in your wildest dreams i'm sure and my stance is that the mystique of this album only adds value to the brand which is why i'm sure RZA backed it in full on top of the artistic vision.

Peace

Here's an un-related non-butthurt question for Ringz:

Was a CD the primary format that you discussed? Or a 12" pressing onto Vinyl?

I know Compact discs can expire after time. I don't know if the CD's would even survive 88 years.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Off topic here Cilvaringz. I just wanted to say I met Bronze Nazareth the other night and he spoke very highly of you. He is an extraordinarily humble guy and is just profoundly passionate about hip hop. Thank You for bringing such an exceptional talent into the Wu Tang fold. Of course I had to ask him about the Dom Pachino song and if you felt some kind of way about it and he told me he spoke to you about it and you understood. Once again, Thank You for introducing him to Rza and bringing in one the most exceptional Wu Tang representatives. He is an incredible live performer as well..

Quote Originally Posted by Brolic Child View Post
    what do you mean "his share" in the album. did shkreli not own the entire album? Did he actually just pay for the one copy but not acutally obtain rights to the music in anyway? If so, that means you still own the rights? Would the album possibly revert back to you?

Ringz and/or Rza still own 50% of the recording copyrights of OUATIS according to that NY times article.

" The producers — RZA and Cilvaringz, a Dutch rapper and producer — also retain 50 percent of the album’s recording copyrights, according to Mr. Bozorgmehr, giving the group a level of control. (Mr. Shkreli has none of the songwriting rights, which are distinct.) "
    Last edited by Origin™; 03-09-2018 at 12:16 PM.

Ringz out of curiosity how did you get the W logo on that LP / Box / Book now? Who can give permission to use it, U-God said in his latest interview he can't even use the W logo on his music now without paying.

How much did you have to pay to use it? And who has made it so that the Generals have to pay for permision to use it?

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    Off topic here Cilvaringz. I just wanted to say I met Bronze Nazareth the other night and he spoke very highly of you. He is an extraordinarily humble guy and is just profoundly passionate about hip hop. Thank You for bringing such an exceptional talent into the Wu Tang fold. Of course I had to ask him about the Dom Pachino song and if you felt some kind of way about it and he told me he spoke to you about it and you understood. Once again, Thank You for introducing him to Rza and bringing in one the most exceptional Wu Tang representatives. He is an incredible live performer as well..
    Thanks David, appreciate your comment. And yeah, I told Bronze I had an issue with him producing a song which contained an attack on me but he was unaware of what Dom P did with it at the time.

Vizual Artist ShaolinArtStudent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by laki420 View Post
    Like value of Picasso painting decreseas If people take pictures of it...wtf... Art's value should not be thought only in dollars, but that CREAM seems to be the only interest here.

I can't even listen to "I" anymore because of this bullshit.

I grew up studying wu and this shit is opposite to everything i have learned. Wu-Tang is for the children!!
    OBD rolling in his grave.

Wwodbd?

Quote Originally Posted by Brolic Child View Post
    what do you mean "his share" in the album. did shkreli not own the entire album? Did he actually just pay for the one copy but not acutally obtain rights to the music in anyway? If so, that means you still own the rights? Would the album possibly revert back to you?
    Now you want to ask questions? I preferred you when you were just randomly yelling shit.
    Last edited by Cilvaringz; 03-09-2018 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rzatrax View Post
    like I said before ''out of sight out of mind''
    while the concept is probably the only kind of any type of credit I can give you this still would not have happened without that ''W'' without the ''WU'' without the LOGO
    shit without "THE ABBOT" howcome you didn't try this with Lin Brotherz or Most High Brotherz or perhaps with your real good recording friends when you were just starting to leech off the brand name. I mean those are your beats on OUATIS right? hmmmmmm your concept would not have gone anywhere without the real WUTANG CLAN magic behind it. So maybe that's why Clifford Smith says "Still prostituting my crew."

CILVARINGZ you are the one that has to keep reminding or posting new articles about this topic. you keep bringing it up. I don't wake up and think of OUATIS and go surfing the net for new articles or write ups on it. shit I only know about it because I come on this forum. that said man you better keep bringing this shit up til your old and grey cause like I said " OUT OF SIGHT OUT OF MIND"

but no worries my real die hard WUTANG CLAN fans. check this out. www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?139463-ouatismx-is-coming-!!!!!!!
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by JZA/Jordon View Post
    Here's an un-related non-butthurt question for Ringz:

Was a CD the primary format that you discussed? Or a 12" pressing onto Vinyl?

I know Compact discs can expire after time. I don't know if the CD's would even survive 88 years.
    CD only. Martin had the right to ask for a USB stick if he wanted to, but he declined. CD only. Vinyl requires sending masters to a plant which decreases the security measures put into place to secure a single existing copy.