Thread: MENES the Pharaoh & KABUKI NINJA Present: PHARAOBI GHOUZI KEEPER OF THE LOFI [ALBUM]

Default MENES the Pharaoh & KABUKI NINJA Present: PHARAOBI GHOUZI KEEPER OF THE LOFI [ALBUM]

MENES the Pharaoh & KABUKI NINJA Present: PHARAOBI GHOUZI KEEPER OF THE LOFI [FULL ALBUM]

#TDT016 HAS LANDED! and now the DIGITAL IS RELEASING! The epitome of underground hip hop in its rawest form is here. Milestone release for Tree Demon Tapes is being brought to you by MENES the Pharaoh & 542 / Pharaobi Ghouzi & Kabuki Ninja LoFi coalition!

Purchase the digital & physical album here :
    https://basementdwellaz.bandcamp.com/album/pharaobi-ghouzi-keepers-of-the-lofi-dojo

A lone warrior walked through the digitized woods, observing the corruption. Mourning the loss of his sun Lo, many of the num2 intricacies began to show themselves to him. Offering a new tapestry to paint his sorrows, he accepted the gift ; as the sword is no mightier than the paint brush. Or the ink pen. When wielded with purity and honour, either can be deadly or defusing to a situation. A serenity coursed through him, unknown prior to the birth and death of his sun. Not claiming any one style, or definition, Pharaobi ran with padded steps towards the next chapter of his initiation into the ORDER. The Keepers of the LO-FI Dojo. Along with KABUKI NINJA ; this is their journey into the TEMPLE... However it does not end hear... This is just the beginning ...

PEACE!
    Physical copies available on this BANDCAMP, but are also available here :
    https://treedemontapes.bandcamp.com/album/menes-the-pharaoh-kabuki-ninja-lofi-present-pharaobi-ghouzi-keepers-of-the-lofi-dojo

The Cassette tapes come with 2 bonus tracks that will never be released digitally.

I'd like to thank TREE DEMON TAPES! to the utmost.. All the features on my album [ BDz, Kauz, sea/swordz, Okami and Apak] and all my friends, family and supports... As it one in the same!

PEACE and MUCH LOVE.
    https://basementdwellaz.bandcamp.com/
    BASEMENT DWELLAZ [ on FACEBOOK]
    Morlore B Yor [ on FACEBOOK]
    TREEDEMONTAPES [ on FaceBook ]

MENES the Pharaoh [ Vocals & Engineer ]
    KABUKI NINJA / 542 [ Production ]

Last edited by MENES; 03-06-2018 at 08:37 PM.
    DOWNLOADALBUMZ!

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

sweet

What sort of gear are you guys using on the production?

Goblin Piledriver's artwork is nice

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bob View Post

Cool video. I like your style. I suspected an SP-303 but I see you got the 404. Someone's trying to sell me an MPC 2000XL locally for a few hundred, but I already have a maxed out 1000 with JJOS2XL.

The SP's get a lot of love on Wu Corp. LoFi grimey sound. I've considered getting one myself to use the filters like in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blaf8kfDJ7E

But I already have some nice outboard compressors, EQs, and effects processors that do the job. Next piece of gear I want is a Sherman FilterBank (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAPr4OKhbd0). The filters and modulation in this thing makes the stuff I have built in my samplers seem cheap.

Greece is a giant slum. A perfect example of liberal democrat progressive neo-marxism ruining a once great country. In America Greeks have a reputation of being fat and lazy. But many Europeans probably think the same about Americans.

You were talking about analog vs digital. I don't recommend putting out cassette tapes as some kind of nostalgic analog format. A guy on youtube named StereoPolice has good explanations and explains with analytical data and an oscilloscope why cassette tapes are possibly the worst medium other than 8 tracks. He runs a sine wave through a high grade cassette player, records it, and shows how much it gets distorted. People spent a lot of money on new technology and hi fi equipment, better sample rates, etc. Now people are insane dropping a stack for an old S950 and trying to go back to the old 12bit lofi stuff. You don't need that old heavy outdated gear to get that sound. To each their own though.

P.E.A.C.E.
    Last edited by Sense-A; 03-24-2018 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sense-A View Post
    Cool video. I like your style.
    Just to clarify, I'm not Kabuki Ninja aka 542OdessaTrickMakers. I posted this video because you want to know which gear he's using.

Quote Originally Posted by Sense-A View Post
    I don't recommend putting out cassette tapes...
    I don't care about analytics, I trust my ears. And I love the sound of tape.