Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heavy Mental dropped twenty years ago today.

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

I would say some crazy shit back to you right now, but you're entitled to your opinion

Veteran Member

It is. And finally it’s just 3 or 4 tracks for a 21 tracks album. HM is my favourite wu fam album ever with SWFQW. But both aren’t perfect. Wu-Tang Forever is my favourite rap album EVER. But it contains some fillers too.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonelli View Post
    I don’t like blessed are those. The beat is boring.

The professional seems off topic. It would have been better in the middle of the album.

I don’t feel the atoms to adam beat. The beat for mystic city is meh.

Every others tracks are classic.
    Blessed are Those is one of my fave jams on this album. There's actually a couple of different versions of it depending on which cd you have. No joke. I had this cd for years and then I picked up a fresher copy second hand for a few dollars, and I sold my original copy to somebody from this forum, and then when I played my new cd I found out it had a slightly different version of BAT on it. Thankfully the dude I sold it to was a champ and happily swapped cd's when I told him what had happened, lolz. From what I recall the only difference was that female voice that sort of chants throughout the song was either almost inaudible or altogether not present in the version on the second cd I bought. To me that shit pretty much makes the song, so I was devastated she was gone, lolz.

The Professional is unfortunately a shit closing track and to me I'd have left it off altogether. It's an ok song, but a shit closer and not up to the quality of the rest of the album.

The only other criticism I'd have of the album is that KP's horrorcore verses are really quite shit. They sound like freestyles. Dunno if they are or not. I mean shit like Cross My Heart and the track with ODB on the hook. Forgotten the name just now.

But all in all both those tracks are still bangas.

this was my fave wu album for a long time.. only like the last 5 years, have i come to love return to the 36chambers more..

but i blame priest for that.. his shit with dj wool. bored the fuck outa me..

still need to check his newer albums.. someone link up some sick priest tracks

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

Killah Priest - Planet Of The Gods - [Official Playlist]: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Kc7iQ6yhYEo6ot

I love this album. PWOWR is classic too. In some interview KP stated that POTG consists of four albums. Hopefully we get to hear them. I've seen Hus Kingpin posting pics of him and Priest in Instagram lately. Hopefully we get some collab shit from them too.

respect guys

Veteran Member

i think just before pwowr came out. i gave up,,, it was delayed for time, and each time KP put out shit with DJ wool instead..

Veteran Member

I never knew there were different versions of blessed are those...are the 2 versions on YT or something?

For me HM is an absolute classic, front to back... I have learned that making a complete cohesive album like the first 7 Wu albums + HM + SW4QW is such an immense and difficult task, I've grown a complete new respect for it. Even during the making of OUATIS I tried to achieve it and upon reflection, I dont think I did. HM was such a dark red, dark purple album, with incredible choice of movie samples, it was just awesome. Hearing the unreleased songs as well was a super treat. I wish I had access to the unreleased John The Baptist songs (there's another one that wasn't used), and the other Q-Base tracks, and there's another TrueMaster produced one as well. The beat for the TrueMaster/Guru song (forgot the title) was originally for KP as well I believe. But anyway, the trick to a cohesive album is not for every song to be a banger. Fillers are vital. Wisdom Body is not as incredible as Wu-Gambinos, but it's vital in the tracklisting. Not every brick in a pyramid is as visible, but they're all equally important. HM is no less a classic than a Cuban Linx. Completely its own feel, its own experience, pure dark basement, candle light & incense Wu-Tang, with biblical movies replacing Shaw Brothers to give it its own feel. Simply incredible work.

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

I remember back around 98/99 when I was first getting into Wu I bought a job lot of Wu singles off ebay and One Step was amongst them. Never heard of priest up to this point but I had One Step and Moanin on repeat for days. Shortly after this I picked up HM. Tracks like the above, Cross My Heart, Tai Chi and Bible will never get old to me. Not listened to this album in about 5 years but will revisit soon. I bump PWOWR regularly and probably put this on par with HM.

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

Shaolin Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    The beat for the TrueMaster/Guru song (forgot the title) was originally for KP as well I believe.

This one?

or this one?

First one sounds like True might have reworked it into "Fish." Latter sounds more like KP's style.
    Last edited by Buddah_MAC; 04-01-2018 at 04:59 PM.

Damn I just heard that Looking Through The Darkness beat,, that shit sound like my DAMASCUS song.. see the shit dudes be pulling? Aaaaaanyway, nah... it's this beat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNE7c-Kmk7c

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue Bally Kid View Post
    I remember back around 98/99 when I was first getting into Wu I bought a job lot of Wu singles off ebay and One Step was amongst them. Never heard of priest up to this point but I had One Step and Moanin on repeat for days. Shortly after this I picked up HM. Tracks like the above, Cross My Heart, Tai Chi and Bible will never get old to me. Not listened to this album in about 5 years but will revisit soon. I bump PWOWR regularly and probably put this on par with HM.

LOL 2 weeks ago, i threw away all my original CD's.. everything from 36 chambers upto iron flag. straight in the tip.. i hadloads of singles from kp, that kp single with tai chi /cross my heart, also had moanin' (street opera) ughh i hate my memory. i remember random shit i dont need to know lol

i had the night the earth cried cd single 1 and 2.. it had proper tracks of mommy whats a gravedigga(4 versions i think over the 2 cds'' that why i bought it). one cd was purple one was grey.. lol
    also threw away the double triumph singles.. agold cd anda grey one. lol

looking backnow, i shouldnt have thrown them awya.. but i never listened to it. (so much awesome conscious hiphop nowadays.. most of it british )

i through around 3 black binsworth of cd's away..only really wanted to keep the pulp fiction soundtrack..

i got everything backed up tho.. lol but no originals left now.. only bandcamp originals

couple of weeks before that i threw my tapes away.. i had all the nwa, eazy e stuff.. and some ice cube/mc ren..

last thing i threw awaywas my michael jackson bad vinyl.. i wanted to keep it cos i thought it maybe worth something one day.. but i couldnt be arsed, so it all went in the tip ~ good times!
    Last edited by soul controller; 04-01-2018 at 07:46 PM.